JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
zonjineko (Offline)
New to JF

Japan Images: Ueno By Night - 11-12-2009, 05:36 AM

These images were taken around the main Ueno train station and along Ameyako in Ueno, Tokyo. It was my first time out for a night shoot with my new (at the time) Canon 5D Mark II and I wanted to test mainly the way it handled high ISO. Shots at 1600 were really clear and even as high as 3200.

The lens was a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS USM - nice, fast lens to keep the ISO down and still get a reasonable shot when needed.

Japan Images: Ueno By Night — zonjineko!

Think I screwed up on my first post of this in the wrong spot - sorry

www.zonjineko.com
a little bit of japan every day
(#12 (permalink))
Old
zonjineko (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2009, 06:12 AM

Yeh it's an amazing camera - glad you like the shots. I felt a bit funny taking the shot of a homeless man but I saw him there walking up a back street and just had to grab it - hope he wasn't upset by it.

The new Canon and Nikon cameras are shooting up to 100,000 ISO - just crazy. I think ISO won't even matter in the future.

PS - Not sure how my thread got in this thread but have reposted. Hopefully in the right place this time.

www.zonjineko.com
(#13 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

11-12-2009, 05:54 PM

i think it is not only acceptable to take photos of homeless people, but rather it is a great thing to do... i have noticed in my own country the geographical distribution of wealth and i just know that the people who are well off in the city i live in dont ever end up in the bad areas of town and as such don't ever see the destitution suffered by some of these people.. it is this way all across america... so, maybe photos are the only chance that some of these people who live w/ blinders on will see the state that our bottom rung of people live in... because, seeing is what triggers our compassion, and you'd have to be pretty damn callous not to at least gain an innumerable amount of respect for the ignoble, the destitute, the poor, the homeless
rambling a bit, but i do think it is good to portray the homeless that live in our society so that we might get a modicum of understanding as to how bad their trials really are

IamKira
(#14 (permalink))
Old
zonjineko (Offline)
New to JF

11-14-2009, 12:08 PM

Thx IamKira - very true. We tend not to acknowledge these people even exist sometimes - for whatever reason.

The top floor of JR Ueno station had about 30-40 homeless lining the floor on some occasions. It was something I had not seen in Tokyo at all up to that point.

Anyway I hope he was okay about it all - I think the pic came up well so he can be happy maybe (^_^)

www.zonjineko.com
(#15 (permalink))
Old
CrystalDoll (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to CrystalDoll
Talking 11-15-2009, 03:59 PM

They are so amazing. Thanks for sharing!!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
zonjineko (Offline)
New to JF

11-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Thanks everyone

www.zonjineko.com