JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sahaqiel (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to Sahaqiel Send a message via MSN to Sahaqiel
School's Costume Contest - 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM

This will take some explaining, I suppose. I wish I had spoiler tags.

Despite Improved Companion Cube being voted in this thread, I had insufficient funds (the whole thing is going to cost over 200 dollars when I get around to making it) so I went with the second place winner, Communist Bear Suit.

OK, so I spraypainted the costume and everything, and got to school with some difficulty, put the thing on, and walked in through the B216 room where everyone was registering for the contest.

I registered under, "Very Determined Teddy Bear", since Communist Bear has the ">:3" face going on.

*REMEMBER, HIS DETERMINATION OR MEAN LOOKINGNESS IS NOT BECAUSE HE IS COMMUNIST. THIS IS JUST A COINCIDENCE. HE WAS MEAN BEFORE HE WAS A COMMUNIST, AS EVIDENCED BY THE FACT I DREW THE EYEBROWS ON BEFORE THE HAMMER AND SICKLE.

It was a full body suit, so it was kind of hard to walk around in. People kept calling me a Transformer, which pissed me off to no end; they must not know what a Transformer looks like. They normally aren't controlled by pink teddy bears and normally have a lot more joints and flexibility and a better arm-to-leg length ratio. Let's just say their style is totally different and the only thing that would cause people in the hallway to start singing, "Transformers, robots in disguise" around me was out of sheer ignorance.

Gave a friend a bag of peppers that he had his eye on a few days previous since he helped out.
Got through the hallway with him and another friend, when this teacher stops me in the hall and tells me I can't wear it.

So I'm like, ":o but it's my costume for the contest"
And he's all like, ":o but I won't let you"

He started asking who let me wear the suit, in an almost threatening fashion, so I concede. I take the suit off and stuff it in my locker, with the help of pheonix561 and the other dude, who offered to put the helmet Communist Bear normally reigns from.*

Anyways, the day goes on, I decide to put the torso armor back on, as well as the boots, then the arms. The assembly starts, I take the arms back to my locker in case the teacher was there.

The first place winner was my friend who was in a suit of armor as well, only it was crafted by professionals, (AND NOT BY HIS OWN HANDS) and leather, and included a steel helmet with chainmail neckguard, steel toed boots, steel elbow guards, and steel legs, I think. The rest was thick leather. BUT GUESS WHAT!!?@#!@?>#?!@<$?><@!%

I tied with him.

So we tied for first, him wearing the armor that totally was somehow more acceptable and less implying of a threat than my cardboard suit, (which is funny; the name of the event is Hobo Day and I'm fairly sure homeless folks are more wont to gather cardboard than plate metal) and me with just the torso holding Communist Bear awkwardly to pose for the school newspaper's picture.

I also had my hair up, because since Companion Cube AND Communist Bear were out of the picture, I compensated by looking like a woman. I had a lot of admirers, male and female, that day. Even my friend mistook me for quote, "an attractive girl".
Which I lol at him for.
Naw, man, we're bros. I ain't mean nuthin' by it.

Also the guy I tied with. We're also bros. We high fived after the picture, too, and it was all cool. But everyone was confused because they expected a bit more of a costume out of a dude who tied with a suit of professional armor. And I was disappointed that I disappointed.

So anyway, thanks for voting, and I would say everyone who didn't vote for Companion Cube won the bet.
'Cause see, the voting poll wasn't really for voting for what I was going to be.
It was more like a bet, really.

But yeah, I got first place and the teacher who told me to take the suit off should feel like a jerk now.
Next time I see him I'm just going to greet him with a smile and wait for the awkwardness to set in.
'Cause he's not a mean teacher, but I just think he didn't know what the school event was.

There would have been pictures if I wore the suit all day.
But it smelled of spraypaint and it gave me a headache. :/
I swear I hope my brain hasn't been damaged in any way.

And since you guys didn't exactly see the plans for Communist Bear Suit, the reason my arms are so long is because I fashioned a crude hand mechanism out of cardboard, and the fingers moved according to my fingers. The hand extended my arm about a foot or so.
Sahaqiel

Last edited by Sahaqiel : 10-25-2009 at 06:56 PM.