JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

Send a message via Yahoo to bleedingboy Send a message via Skype™ to bleedingboy
03-07-2007, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSuicide View Post
I have lyrics but not music, like no background stuff. I'm working on learning guitar so I hope that will help me a little bit. If you want, I cna send you some of my lyrics. PM me and let me know.
if you could sing it, then maybe i can make a bedspace for it.

"evaporated the fur because it covers them if you only knew the plans they had for us." -the mars volta; eriatarka

i bet you have something sexy for me.. show it then!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile 03-07-2007, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingboy View Post
hi, anyone here who performs, create original music, bedroom musicians. manic depressive singers. drug junkie screamer or non-junkie.
i'm an amateur musician too or more specifically a 'bathroom' musician... i have composed some indie-pendent songs myself...except for the electric guitar and my vocals (which sucks), the other instruments i used for recording my compositions were computer-based (mainly acid-pro loops) including the effects...

ryt now, i'm trying to get my hands on japanese and christian music as much as i can..so the next time i write new songs, it's gonna have a touch of either japanese or christian sound...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#13 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

Send a message via Yahoo to bleedingboy Send a message via Skype™ to bleedingboy
03-07-2007, 06:03 AM

nice to hear that. do post your music. oh and try to search other styles of music. the world has lots of it.

speaking of acid pro; i started with that software, but then later on, it lacks the certain power i needed the boost. and it uses too much of your pcs resources. so instead, i'm going to suggest several softwares you can use.

Sonar; Reason; Ableton Live; Vegas [for musical arrangement and rendering]; lots of plug-ins and if possible a midi controller, if not just your QWERTY keyboard and your Mouse would do.

"evaporated the fur because it covers them if you only knew the plans they had for us." -the mars volta; eriatarka

(#14 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile 03-07-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
nice to hear that. do post your music. oh and try to search other styles of music. the world has lots of it.
you're right on that part...i tried some other styles too before...started with punk music (one of the easiest to learn) then have been trying other styles since then...nway, i'll try to post a song i made not too long ago about my infatuation on japanese anime... that song was influenced by Shonen Knife (one of the Japanese punk bands that I greatly admire)...

Quote:
speaking of acid pro; i started with that software, but then later on, it lacks the certain power i needed the boost. and it uses too much of your pcs resources. so instead, i'm going to suggest several softwares you can use.

Sonar; Reason; Ableton Live; Vegas [for musical arrangement and rendering]; lots of plug-ins and if possible a midi controller, if not just your QWERTY keyboard and your Mouse would do.
Thanks for the tips! I will check out the softwares you mentioned once i've got some extra time...

Japan does not understand very well that one of its proudest cultural achievements is in film--- Akira Kurosawa
(#15 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

03-07-2007, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibaInu View Post
japanese punk bands
listen to shiina ringo. old shiina, it's actually punk + jazz. also tokyo jihen.

here are some tracks you should look into.

shiina ringo - honnou
tokyo jihen - himitsu

(#16 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile 03-08-2007, 01:45 AM

ok, arigatu bleedingboy san...