JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

Send a message via Yahoo to bleedingboy Send a message via Skype™ to bleedingboy
musicians. step up. - 03-05-2007, 03:00 PM

hi, anyone here who performs, create original music, bedroom musicians. manic depressive singers. drug junkie screamer or non-junkie.

i'm currently trying to finish an indie-pendent album. and recently i'm trying to create some eerie yet heartfelt aches, falling under the genre, nostalgic apparitions of ghosts in a soundscape. anyone here who creates music on their own, or with their bands? let me know and let me check your music out. i see mumu makes one. and i really like what he's doing. great talent, it just needs further enhancement.

let's share some tips. artistry. mastering techniques. links to good source of musical education, to the trying hards and to those who've already tasted the glory under the crowd's chant. we want more. we want more.

let me know your links, queries. and i hope this goes to all those who wants to learn too. or to those who wants to appreciate. try new things. sometimes you never know, that you'll excel on things like this.

so here are my links, post your links too.

bleedingboy | soundtrack
bleed | myspace

"evaporated the fur because it covers them if you only knew the plans they had for us." -the mars volta; eriatarka

i bet you have something sexy for me.. show it then!

Last edited by bleedingboy : 03-05-2007 at 03:56 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-05-2007, 03:08 PM

I have one question..
Is having the ability to sing high notes inborn or something you can learn..?
Personally, i think i sing pretty fairly, but i just have that big trouble of going beyond my own pitch..

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

Send a message via Yahoo to bleedingboy Send a message via Skype™ to bleedingboy
03-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
I have one question..
Is having the ability to sing high notes inborn or something you can learn..?
Personally, i think i sing pretty fairly, but i just have that big trouble of going beyond my own pitch..
sad to say it has to be inborn. but you can enhance your vocals by practicing well, avoid sweet or that are harmful to your throat.

but some have a skill to sing FAKE high notes, we call it falsetto or whatever the spelling of that is. it's faking your voice, like trying to do a girl's voice or a high pitch. even those who sings high notes sometimes don't have the knack for it.

"evaporated the fur because it covers them if you only knew the plans they had for us." -the mars volta; eriatarka

(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-05-2007, 03:23 PM

ahh.. i see.., so its practice i need.. thanks for the enlightenment

I dont think i will ever try to fake a girl's voice.. I'd much rather be like the lead singer from linkin park ^^

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

03-05-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
ahh.. i see.., so its practice i need.. thanks for the enlightenment

I dont think i will ever try to fake a girl's voice.. I'd much rather be like the lead singer from linkin park ^^
try to listen to other styles. listen to frank sinatra, tori amos, maynard keenan of tool and a perfect circle. spanish rap, or whatever suits your flavor.

oh and when i say falsetto, it's not actually singing on a girl's voice, but rather just trying to smooth up a high note, or faking it with your throat. most musicians do that. PRINCE is an example.

CHRIS CORNELL of soundgarden, audioslave has a natural high voice.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Got it, i'll try to remember listening to them tomorrow, I'm too sleepy to focus..
Smooth up a high note.. now that's what i need.. X_x
LaterZ then

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-05-2007 at 03:54 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

03-06-2007, 12:50 PM

mastering music is an art too.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)
\m/ Rock hard love harder

Send a message via AIM to SweetSuicide Send a message via Skype™ to SweetSuicide
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM

I'm going to major in music. Music is an art just like dancing and acting. It lets you let our your emotions in way that sometimes are hard to say. And Bleedingboy, you spelt falsetto corret. Good job. O.. and I can sing high naturally, but yet, I'm an alto. I find it kind of funny that I can high higher than some sopranos and lower than some basses. I love my voice.

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
Cause I'll die without you.
</3
(#9 (permalink))
Old
bleedingboy (Offline)
incandescent sleep

03-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSuicide View Post
I'm going to major in music. Music is an art just like dancing and acting. It lets you let our your emotions in way that sometimes are hard to say. And Bleedingboy, you spelt falsetto corret. Good job. O.. and I can sing high naturally, but yet, I'm an alto. I find it kind of funny that I can high higher than some sopranos and lower than some basses. I love my voice.
i'm just a bedroom musician. hehehe. so do you have your original music? let me hear some.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
SweetSuicide (Offline)
\m/ Rock hard love harder

Send a message via AIM to SweetSuicide Send a message via Skype™ to SweetSuicide
03-07-2007, 01:21 AM

I have lyrics but not music, like no background stuff. I'm working on learning guitar so I hope that will help me a little bit. If you want, I cna send you some of my lyrics. PM me and let me know.

Life goes on.
But I'm gone.
Cause I'll die without you.
</3