JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ziggy073 (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese related crochet / knitting (かぎ針/編み) - 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM

こんいちは!

Hello all! I am new to this forum, and thought a great place to start would be here in the Art & Creativity section. I have been trying to learn Japanese through self teaching and more specifically translating words and phrases in craft books. Just wondered if there are other people out there that love japanese crochet & knitting like I do?

Here is some examples of items I have worked up recently from some books:

Peas (ピース)

Chestnut (くり)

Here is one of my own original designs:

Mr. Milk (ミルクさん)

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-19-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy073 View Post
こんいちは!

Hello all! I am new to this forum, and thought a great place to start would be here in the Art & Creativity section. I have been trying to learn Japanese through self teaching and more specifically translating words and phrases in craft books. Just wondered if there are other people out there that love japanese crochet & knitting like I do?
The milk-bottle is adorable. I like the look of these kinds of crafts; some of the little felted peices on DA are pretty cool and I have a few strings of chirimen crepe animals from Kyoto. I can't sew for toffee though :/ so I haven't made any myself.

Did make this though:

it's a kanzashi poinsettia flower made of silk. I did it for the xmas tree this year as a bunch of our old ornaments fell to bits.