JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

Black Light Abuse! - 02-15-2010, 03:49 AM

These are a few pictures of a recent project I finished. The project was a free-choice, in my idea development class. The details are a little irrelevant though >.>;

What I chose to do was make a wire sculpture that can only be viewed properly when cast under a black (Ultra Violet) light. I ended up individually painting the wires with florescent paints, as well as using scotch tape with a matte finish to achieve the desired effect. The "bulb" is a glass diamond I found at the craft store.

To give a sense of scale the whole thing is approximately 1' tall.

It ended up looking more like a palm tree than a flower, but I still like the end result.

I also used a green laser to create fractal effects from the diamond. Taking the pictures with my poor camera was rather difficult.. so forgive any blurriness.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-15-2010, 04:25 AM

Whoa . . .Pretty colors!! Awsome!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
02-15-2010, 03:49 PM

That's pretty cool. A decent camera would've helped, but I can relate on that :P
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-15-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
That's pretty cool. A decent camera would've helped, but I can relate on that :P
Point and shoot fails with low lighting I should probably get a tripod of some kind.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Trinket (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2010, 05:34 PM

Whoa that's probably some of the coolest art I've seen! Super creative if I were you I'd turn this into a series and take it too an art show. People pay money for this kind of stuff!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

02-15-2010, 06:39 PM

i like the idea. execution was pretty good... it would have been cool if you could have used an actual diamond because they glow aqua marine under uv light
really good stuff though

*reminds me of the top gear F1 car art a bit

IamKira
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-15-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
Whoa that's probably some of the coolest art I've seen! Super creative if I were you I'd turn this into a series and take it too an art show. People pay money for this kind of stuff!
I was messing around with paints last night and found out I can mix a fluorescent with analogous colours to "hide" the fluorescent colour in normal light.

I ended up making... well just a green stem. Used thicker wires for the center and pained them with a normal green and yellow straight from the tube. For the smaller strands I wrapped around for detail was pained with a mix of the same green but fluorescent yellow.

The end result was only the smaller strands glowing. Not as intensely as above, but it was still obvious.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~