JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

How many of you are users of A-M-V.org? - 04-18-2010, 05:01 AM

I'm from a pre-YouTube generation, and only think about it as an afterthought when it comes to Anime Music Videos. Statistics say that A-M-V.org is dying, and I am curious as to who here, if anyone, gets AMVs from A-M-V.org? Are AMVs even actually saved by people anymore? Is there any respect for the craftsmanship involved?

My generation is even pre-A-M-V.org, when we ran our own servers off of college connections, and most AMVs were discovered either via the AMV Mailing List or the very early peer to peer programs. Often times, links only would be traded, and the AMVs would be stored on those above mentioned private servers.

I get a sense that recent anime fans are much less likely than earlier waves of fans to be interested in A-M-V.org, or actually possessing copies of the videos produced. It all seems to be about cloud-computing where YouTube and the like are used as surrogates for personal storage.

As an AMV editor from the very beginning of AMVs, this concerns me, and does not match the values I hold for my creations.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-21-2010, 07:12 AM

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

I hate to bump my own threads, but not a single response to the present and future state of anime music videos? That surprises me.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

04-22-2010, 12:17 PM

Spoilers.

Got alot of them from AMV's, unfortunatly.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-22-2010, 09:07 PM

On A-M-V.org, we usually indicate in the database the difference between an amv that has spoilers and amv that doesn't. It's one among many advantages it has over video streaming only sites. The Org does stream too, but I don't think it's a well known feature.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

04-23-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
On A-M-V.org, we usually indicate in the database the difference between an amv that has spoilers and amv that doesn't. It's one among many advantages it has over video streaming only sites. The Org does stream too, but I don't think it's a well known feature.
I didn't know that.

Gonna give a go! Thanks for sharing.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

04-24-2010, 10:55 PM

In a video entry, green normal text means no spoilers indicated. Red italicised text means that spoilers are indicated. Like so:

His and Her Circumstances (KareKano) (TV)

Revolutionary Girl Utena (TV)

The KareKano video does not contain spoilers. The Utena video does.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org