JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
Tablet drawing - 04-04-2007, 07:24 PM

So I'm thinking of gettnig a Wacom tablet or even a touch screen laptop. Out of simply curosity, anyone here use either of these?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
04-04-2007, 07:27 PM

I have a Wacom tablet. the hundred dollar one.>_<(I'm cheap) The touch pen is ok, I would consider getting a thiner pen point, it would be easier to draw with. The mouse works great, and the pen has good sensitivity, even though the reaction time is a bit slow.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
04-04-2007, 07:42 PM

This is the one I'm thinking of getting. a Touchscreen laptop
Gateway CX2600 - infoSync World
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
04-04-2007, 07:44 PM

Wow, that looks awesome! All the gateway's I've had were pretty good, despite what other people say about them. Erm....can I ask how much it is....>_<
(#5 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudo View Post
This is the one I'm thinking of getting. a Touchscreen laptop
Gateway CX2600 - infoSync World
Well it seems nice but a little low on the processor power. Only 1.73 Gig clock without a Dual core either... It would be good to get 1 gig of RAM because the article said that it comes with 512Megs upgradable to 2Gig. Nice monitor resolution though so you should be able to get 1280x1024 support. Just make sure its got a nice graphics accelerator built in (on board ones are relatively lame, unless they are specific versions of GeForce MX).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku777 View Post
Wow, that looks awesome! All the gateway's I've had were pretty good, despite what other people say about them. Erm....can I ask how much it is....>_<
I traced a link on top of the page that said "Go back to article" where it quoted 1350 to 1450 USD as the price. Didn't say which configuration was how much though and nothing specific on upgrades was mentioned...

Getting back to topic:
My take on it is that:

1. I've used a Wacom before and like Rikku-dona said the pen wasn't something I'd write home about. The nice feature though was that based on the pressure, the thickness of the line would change and thats very helpful for artists (as you probably know kudou-sama)

2. Touch screen laptops are neat, but expensive on maintenance if the screen goes bunk. But you gotta admit that its easier to carry around rather than an extra Wacom graphics pad.

Overall: I'd recommend the Wacom so you can save your money for a more powerful laptop. This will allow you to run some pretty resource intesive applications (Photoshop etc.) that you can use to make up for any smudges that you get on the Wacom.

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?