JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Member Art & Creativity (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/)
-   -   Created by foreign students in Japan:Song For Japan - We Are With You(日本に捧げる曲 "一緒に居る" (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/member-art-creativity/38133-created-foreign-students-japan-song-japan-we-you%EF%BC%88%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E3%81%AB%E6%8D%A7%E3%81%92%E3%82%8B%E6%9B%B2-%22%E4%B8%80%E7%B7%92%E3%81%AB%E5%B1%85%E3%82%8B%22.html)

bethwong88 06-30-2011 06:43 PM

Created by foreign students in Japan:Song For Japan-We Are With You(日本に捧げる曲 "一緒に居ます")

日本に居る/居た外国人や、留学生が日本に捧げる曲で す。
A song dedicated to Japan, by foreigners and foreign students who are/were in Japan.

YouTube : Song For Japan - We Are With You(日本に捧げる曲 "一緒に居ます")

This is a totally non-profitable project. We'd just like our voices to be heard by the people of Japan.

Apart from receiving a lot of positive and emotional responses from many listeners,
we have also gained the support of prominent figures such as Ms Randy Taguchi, Ms Junko Yagami and Ms Reiko Yukawa, via Twitter etc.
ref link: 田口ランディ「いま、伝えたいこと」 : 日本にいる留学生たちが歌を作ってくれました。

Please go ahead and share this video with your beloved Japanese friends and family.
Thank you very much for your time and appreciation!!

Music & Lyrics: Beth Wong
作曲・作詞 :「ベス・ウォン」
Performed by Foreign students in Japan
唄:留学生たち

AlexisSalas 07-02-2011 07:27 PM

Wow, i must admit its pretty touching. Great job.

tokusatsufan 07-02-2011 10:18 PM

I didn't hear any Welsh! Well maybe if I get really good I'll do the whole song and just do all the languages!

bethwong88 07-10-2011 04:28 PM

thank you guys~
sorry for the late reply. has been busy trying to get as many people to hear this song as possible.
I'm still trying to reach as many people in Tohoku as possible!! >_<
Sometimes I don't get why it's so hard for people to spread news of free music. lol.

Thank you soooo much for your comments.
Sorry about having no Welsh there. Would have put you in there if I'd known you before! but seriously, I'll probably need someone to do all the languages when we perform live though. Maybe we can think of something then haha.

masaegu 07-11-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethwong88 (Post 870407)
日本に居る/居た外国人や、留学生が日本に捧げる曲で す。
A song dedicated to Japan, by foreigners and foreign students who are/were in Japan.

YouTube : Song For Japan - We Are With You(日本に捧げる曲 "一緒に居る")

This is a totally non-profitable project. We just want to let our voices to be heard by the people of Japan.

Please help by letting your Japanese friends/family listen to our voices. Thank you!!

Music & Lyrics: Beth Wong
作曲・作詞 :「ベス・ウォン」
Performed by Foreign students in Japan
唄:留学生たち

Nice effort. Much appreciated.

If you want an honest opinion, however, I really do not think many Japanese would appreciate the song title. "一緒に居る" sounds way too 上から目線. It makes it sound as if we were the little helpless kids and you foreign students are the mentors to guide us through these hard times. Since I am sure that is not your intention, I had to mention it.

bethwong88 07-11-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masaegu (Post 871401)
Nice effort. Much appreciated.

If you want an honest opinion, however, I really do not think many Japanese would appreciate the song title. "一緒に居る" sounds way too 上から目線. It makes it sound as if we were the little helpless kids and you foreign students are the mentors to guide us through these hard times. Since I am sure that is not your intention, I had to mention it.

ooh...i see.. Japanese is a very difficult language...
We didn't think we would have any problems with the title till now.

You're right we had absolutely no intention of doing that and i'm sorry if the initial title has offended you in any way.
Your opinion has been taken into consideration and following discussion with our Japanese interpreters, i have taken the necessary steps to review the title. =)
Thank you very much for your valuable opinion.

bethwong88 07-11-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuko81 (Post 871389)
I like your video. Your voice and animation is good. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you very much =) We really value your time and appreciation of this project!!! See you around!!!