JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LilMizzButterfly (Offline)
Flying To a New Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LilMizzButterfly
My First Story - 08-16-2007, 05:03 PM

This my first original story. It's a mix of musical, adventure, romance, magical girl, and maybe a little suspense. It's starts off pretty boring, I think, but it'll get a little more exciting within the next chapters. This chapter is more like an introduction and all. Anyway, read on and let me know what you think!!

*Disclaimer: I own this story and it's characters and plots!!*

Fantasy World
Episode 1: Fantasy Girls

“I hate math!!” yelled a young girl. She slammed her locker shut with a metallic thump. She turned, grumbling all the while, and tossed her light brown hair. A girl about her age walked up behind her.
‘You took your frustrations out on your locker…” she said seriously, then brightened up, with a mocking tone, “Someone’s got a quiz coming up!”
The brunette growled at her friend. “Yeah! And I don’t even know why. What’s the point of taking it if I’m just going to end up failing anyway?”
The girls began walking off down the hallway, the brunette girl still complaining all the way.
“Melody! Britney! Wait up!”
The two stopped and only Britney looked back to see another one of their friends running toward them. The red head came to a stop in front of Britney.

“Did you hear we’re having a test on algebraic equations, Honey?” asked Britney.
Honey nodded and gestured toward Melody, who had her back turned on them. “I know. Even if I didn’t, I’m sure I could tell based on Mel’s mood today.” Melody continued looking forward and Honey chuckled. “Anyway, I can understand how she feels. After all, I’m not exactly a genius when it comes to tests. It’s almost the end of the year. What’s the point?”
Melody finally turned her head to look back, with a look of final understanding. “That’s what I’m wondering!”
The girls began to walk again, through the crowd of students that were now exiting the building.
“Well at least we’ve got Jen,” said Britney, trying to ease the tension in the air. “I’m not an expert in math or anything, but I can always manage a B with Jennifer’s help.”
“That’s true,” agreed Honey, as they passed though the doorway. They now stood outside on the stairs, looking around for their two missing friends.
The green grass all around and the area surrounding the school was flooded with students. A group of popular boys stood at the gate, laughing about every fight that had happened within the last week.
In a lush, open space, there sat the cheerleaders, and other popular girls. They would always take this time to gossip about others’ clothes or style or whatever they found interesting, good or bad.
Melody jumped up and down and cheered happily. Not too far from the guys, Jennifer and her cousin, Demi were standing by the opening of the gate. They were casually talking about what they were going to do for that weekend, usually minding their own business.
“Look, girls!” Melody told Britney and Honey. “I found Demi and Jennifer.” She began to run toward them merrily. “HEY!!”
Demi and Jennifer turned around in time to see Melody stop before them. “Hi,” they both greeted.
Honey and Britney showed up behind Melody just a few seconds later.
“We’re together at last,” said Britney. “How was drivers’ ed?”
Demi shook her head and bowed it low, her dark hair shielding her blush. “Not very good…at least the driving part…”
Jennifer laughed out loud. “You should have seen her! She almost hit Mr. Schwartz!”
All the girls cackled and pointed at Demi. For some reason, it was always fun and easy to laugh at her. Demi’s cheeks flushed even brighter. The loud laughing was drawing everyone’s attention.
“Well…” she was rummaging through her mind, attempting to find a way out of the topic. “…Don’t forget rehearsal’s today.”
“Oh, yeah,” said Jennifer, abruptly ending her laughter. “I almost forgot. The talent show is tomorrow.”
“I guess we’ll see each other at six then, okay?” announced Britney.
“OKAY!!” they shouted all at once.
----- ----- ----- ----- ------
“One! Two! Three!”
The girls stood on stage in the empty school auditorium. It was just about six o’clock and the entire school was barren of any students. The talent show was tomorrow, making this time crucial for the girls to perfect their moves.
Jennifer was sitting beside Demi at the edge of the stage.
“I’m really nervous…” Jennifer admitted to her cousin. “What if we mess up?”
Demi smiled warmly and reassured her friend. “We won’t, Jen. We can’t mess up. We’ve practiced for weeks, since the day we first signed up. Our routine is flawless!”
Jen grinned and nodded. “Yeah…we can do this!”
The girls were all taking a rest, except for Honey, who was still spinning behind them. She was a natural dancer. She had taken ballet since she was three, and now was attending hip-hop dance classes. Her dream was to become a world famous choreographer.
“That girl’s got some sweet moves,” said Demi, watching as Honey tossed her feet in a fluid motion.
Britney frowned. “But if she does all this now, she’ll wear her moves out before the talent show…”
The others cocked their eyebrows at her. She didn’t notice and took a deep breath.
“Honey,” she called calmly, over the din of the blazing music. “Honey!”
Honey didn’t hear. She was swept away by the rhythm. Britney wasn’t the type who enjoyed when people ignored her.
“HONEY!!”
The music suddenly scratched and came off. Honey froze for a second, and then twirled to look at Britney in confusion.
“HONEY!! ITS JUST REHEARSAL!!”
The others gaped at Britney, and then quickly gazed at Honey. Britney sighed and tossed a strand of blond hair from her face. Honey shrugged, for the fact that she really didn’t understand. Suddenly, Britney began laughing. The others looked at her and followed along.
The next night was the Talent Show. The girls anxiously waited to be called up on stage. Each one was positive that they’d be successful, but they still feared messing up Fantasy’s first ever performance. Demi watched from behind the back curtains as their rival band, Pink Atmosphere, dancing and singing to techno trance beats.
Demi sighed and turned toward her friends. “Whoa. I admit…they’re good.”
Melody stood up off of her chair and pulled on her fawn colored locks. “I have a confession you girls!” The group gazed at Melody. “I'm nervous!!”
“I’m not surprised,” said Britney, rolling her eyes.
Melody jumped up and down in a rush of panic and exhilaration. “I'm nervous! I’m nervous!! I’m nervous!!! I’M NERVOUS!!!”
Jennifer grabbed Melody by the shoulders and shook her to help her get a grip. She growled when Melody hushed and stared up in a daze. “Stop it, Mel. You’re making us all nervous, too!”
Honey arched her eyebrows and shook her head. “No she’s not.”
Jennifer sighed and said almost breathlessly, “To me she is.”
The girls were startled by the loud voice of the announcer. The front, blue curtains were closed, with the announcer on the other side. Britney ran over to the curtain and peered out to see the man bawling to the crowd.
“Thank you. Let’s give a big round of applause to Pink Atmosphere!” The crowd cheered as Pink Atmosphere walked back stage. They brushed by Fantasy and sneered as they passed.
“Good luck,” scorned the lead singer, Jill. She tossed her dark blond hair at the girls and her friends giggled mockingly. “Not.”
Honey glared at them as they walked away. “Keep on walking. Watch. We’re going to beat you! Then we’ll see who’s laughing.”
The arch nemesis assembly smirked at her remark, as if to say there wasn’t any chance that Fantasy would win. Jennifer came to her side. “Don’t worry about it, Honey. We’ll show them.”
The announcer suddenly bellowed, “Welcome the next group, Fantasy.”
The girls jogged onto the stage, and stood solemn before the curtains drew back and left them vulnerable to the silent, unfriendly crowd. The music blared and the girls moved on cue, bopping and singing to their own bouncy dance beat. The vocals flowed with the rhythm and their feet slid across the floor in one fluid motion.
After the performance, the crowd cheered and roared, louder than it did for Pink Atmosphere.
“We did it!!” cheered Melody, skipping beside the girls. “We did it!!” She suddenly stopped when all of Fantasy spotted Pink Atmosphere, arms folded, glaring at them. The girls looked at each other with quizzical stares, and then they smirked, looking toward the other group. They laughed and simply turned their backs on them. “We beat you! We beat you! What!”
Pink Atmosphere glared at them as Fantasy giggled and marched away.
-------------------------------------------
This chapter is pretty long so I'm gonna divide it into two parts. So let me know what you think so far.

Join my friend's new forum, Sweet Possession! Anime, Entertainment, new friends, and a ton of fun! Make Sweet Possession a success! ^__^