JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
x08 (Offline)
New to JF

05-28-2008, 04:25 AM

*looks a bit stupid*

Ummmm... what's the difference between a Kogyaru and a Ganguro?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
NightChilde25 (Offline)
In my own little world

Send a message via AIM to NightChilde25 Send a message via Yahoo to NightChilde25
05-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Oh please! How did that ever get published? They're just taking a few horrible cases and trying to paint the entire generation as horrible parents. Just pitiful. Where are the actual numbers? This is just crazy. How you dressed as a teenager has nothing to do with the kind of parent you turn out to be. Everyone is an individual and everyone has their own parenting style. My friend Sarah is living proof. When we went to school she was a goth. Still is. She's a wonderful mom.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-29-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightChilde25 View Post
My friend Sarah is living proof. When we went to school she was a goth. Still is. She's a wonderful mom.
Wouldn't your own statement here defeat your point? "she was a goth, still she's a wonderful mom", thats basically saying that "A goth can be a wonderful mom, because they are portrait as not"

Its a perspective thing though, people tends to judge you base on what they think is right, and its usually being dicate by the way what the generail society accepts.

I agree that we can't generalize, but it was portrait to the general public that a certain "interest" group from the younger generation are only out to cause trouble and to get attention, and how these people are not going to be valuable to the society and that they are just a burden to the society.

All you really need is one very old and traditional man who disagree with certain way how teenagers portrait themselves, and any action by these people will be describe as unaccetable, especially when things like this happen they tend to amplify it
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ghodassama (Offline)
New to JF

07-20-2008, 05:18 AM

there are bad mothers arond all world....
(#15 (permalink))
Old
kawaiixlove (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to kawaiixlove Send a message via Yahoo to kawaiixlove
11-10-2008, 07:51 AM

Single moms are not bad, nor is an unmarried mom.

I know one that fits both and another who is a single mom personally and they have done the best job ever. I admire them both. I know their children personally as well.

It's not what about what category you fit into such as prep, goth and etc. It's the choices you make and how you provide for your children all around.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-10-2008, 08:09 AM

Did this thread need to be necroposted?

I know you are new, kawaiixlove, but did you read the first post?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

11-10-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x08 View Post
*looks a bit stupid*

Ummmm... what's the difference between a Kogyaru and a Ganguro?
A Kogyaru is a female who was in Senior high (kookoosei) in the 90's.
Ganaguro is a fashion were girls have dark tans, light make up and Birds Nest hair. They're usually seen wearing school uniforms so that's probably why you got confused

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#18 (permalink))
Old
sdbri (Offline)
New to JF

02-22-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is the definition of "yellow journalism". The author exploits a few cases, but what fact and statistics are presented?

None.

This is a pretty sick excuse for a "news" article, and I am surprised it ever made it into print. This is an episode of Dr. Phil disguised as news.
Exactly, that's how JapanTimes operates. A few months ago you could check the comments section and it's full of racists and trolls. Thankfully they've cleaned up a bit and started moderating.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

05-04-2009, 03:05 AM

Who dug this thread up? You've left me hanging since they're taken that article down. I want to read it now.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.