LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
jackgubat (Offline)
New to JF

09-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuu View Post
My children are a little younger but I understand what your saying. My boys are 11 and 8. schedueling does work and also rewards for behaving correctly and loss of priviledges*ex:computer, video games, phone, etc...* when fighting. I also take time out for each one of them each day even if its only a few minutes to spend time individually. Just me and one of the boys and then me and my other son. Letting them know that they are individuals as well as siblings. My children fight but are the first ones to defend or protect their brother when the other needs it. Fighting is normal because each person is unique and growing up with siblings is a excellent learning experience to learn how to get along with people of all sorts of personallities. So it might be tough now but as they get older they will still value each other as family.
Your advice can be well taken.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
seishin (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to seishin
11-11-2008, 09:06 PM

i agree with everyones opinion in here but maybe you could try to talk with them to be together as a whole.what i mean is that you could try to get each one to understand that you will always be there for them(you know give them security that they can always come to you no matter what happens especially now that they are teens) after that maybe eventually they will come to an understanding and they will stop making each others life a living hell.

i mean sometimes one thing leads to the other you give them love and care (through many different ways) and that could push the negativity away

i hope everything gets better with your family good luck^^

私は日本に行きたい!!!!!!!!!