JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka's Avatar
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger
 
Posts: 472
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tokyo
08-11-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
This thread is just too weird. It's creeping me out.

Hey, I'm not worried about good parenting and I know I'll be a damn great parent 26 more weeks to go!
Hey I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to imply you have to be worried


なんでやねん!
Reply With Quote
(#42 (permalink))
Old
rina26's Avatar
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 161
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Hey I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to imply you have to be worried
Haha no worries, I'm only teasing you
Reply With Quote
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,775
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
08-11-2008, 08:23 AM

To be honest, you are young. You shouldn't be thinking about having children at all, you should be out having fun and living your life. They are not something to worry about or dwell on until the time comes. For now, go and have fun.

Saying that I totally have the inability to emphathise with you as I really do not like children and don't plan on having any.


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 546
Join Date: May 2008
08-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
To be honest, you are young. You shouldn't be thinking about having children at all, you should be out having fun and living your life. They are not something to worry about or dwell on until the time comes. For now, go and have fun.

Saying that I totally have the inability to emphathise with you as I really do not like children and don't plan on having any.
Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.
Reply With Quote
(#45 (permalink))
Old
rina26's Avatar
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 161
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.
Completely true. Most of the friends I have who are parents hates children except their own. I'll be the same. I can't stand them when they belong to other people.
Reply With Quote
(#46 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,775
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
08-11-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.
That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
(#47 (permalink))
Old
rina26's Avatar
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 161
Join Date: Jul 2008
08-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.
And when someone in the 18-early 20's range voice their desire to be a parent, people ALWAYS tell them that they're young and still have their whole world ahead of them. They also know their own mind. So I guess everyone will just have to deal with each others comments
Reply With Quote
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,775
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
And when someone in the 18-early 20's range voice their desire to be a parent, people ALWAYS tell them that they're young and still have their whole world ahead of them. They also know their own mind. So I guess everyone will just have to deal with each others comments
Actually in this thread, a lot of people haven't. I was sharing my beliefs, I wasn't telling her she was wrong, just that I didn't believe that it was right to be thinking about those things at such a young age.

I also said I could be totally wrong based on the fact I don't like children. That was the significance of my comment.


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 546
Join Date: May 2008
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.
Me, my wife and most parents use to say the same thing. Really! OUr minds don't change just because. We don't love our children just because. It's due to biochemical changes in the body and brain. That stuff really can't be controlled.
Reply With Quote
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,775
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
08-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Me, my wife and most parents use to say the same thing. Really! OUr minds don't change just because. We don't love our children just because. It's due to biochemical changes in the body and brain. That stuff really can't be controlled.
Even so, it doesn't mean I will. There are so many reasons I do not want them. In my opinion they are a waste of time, effort, and money.

Again it's the whole, you are 17 so you'll change your mind thing xD


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6