LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

08-11-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
This thread is just too weird. It's creeping me out.

Hey, I'm not worried about good parenting and I know I'll be a damn great parent 26 more weeks to go!
Hey I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to imply you have to be worried

なんでやねん!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
Hey I'm sorry if that came out wrong, I didn't mean to imply you have to be worried
Haha no worries, I'm only teasing you
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-11-2008, 08:23 AM

To be honest, you are young. You shouldn't be thinking about having children at all, you should be out having fun and living your life. They are not something to worry about or dwell on until the time comes. For now, go and have fun.

Saying that I totally have the inability to emphathise with you as I really do not like children and don't plan on having any.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
To be honest, you are young. You shouldn't be thinking about having children at all, you should be out having fun and living your life. They are not something to worry about or dwell on until the time comes. For now, go and have fun.

Saying that I totally have the inability to emphathise with you as I really do not like children and don't plan on having any.
Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
Your mind will most likely change, then even if you don't like other children, you will like your own. there are exceptions. but that is the rule.
Completely true. Most of the friends I have who are parents hates children except their own. I'll be the same. I can't stand them when they belong to other people.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

08-11-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
That is what people ALWAYS tell me. I have an irrational deteste of babies, and that is something I am certain will not change. I know my own mind, and I know that my career is far more important to me than anything else.

If I was going to have children, I'd adopt older ones. Besides, the world is overpopulated enough without me having anymore.
And when someone in the 18-early 20's range voice their desire to be a parent, people ALWAYS tell them that they're young and still have their whole world ahead of them. They also know their own mind. So I guess everyone will just have to deal with each others comments
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

08-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
And when someone in the 18-early 20's range voice their desire to be a parent, people ALWAYS tell them that they're young and still have their whole world ahead of them. They also know their own mind. So I guess everyone will just have to deal with each others comments
Actually in this thread, a lot of people haven't. I was sharing my beliefs, I wasn't telling her she was wrong, just that I didn't believe that it was right to be thinking about those things at such a young age.

I also said I could be totally wrong based on the fact I don't like children. That was the significance of my comment.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-11-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Me, my wife and most parents use to say the same thing. Really! OUr minds don't change just because. We don't love our children just because. It's due to biochemical changes in the body and brain. That stuff really can't be controlled.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

08-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Me, my wife and most parents use to say the same thing. Really! OUr minds don't change just because. We don't love our children just because. It's due to biochemical changes in the body and brain. That stuff really can't be controlled.
Even so, it doesn't mean I will. There are so many reasons I do not want them. In my opinion they are a waste of time, effort, and money.

Again it's the whole, you are 17 so you'll change your mind thing xD