JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2008, 03:38 PM

I'd say to my kids, if I ever have any, that if they aren't good, I'm selling them to medical experiments!

But yeah, I love babies, and if I didn't I have to put up with them anyway... I have a 2 year old sister.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 12-12-2008 at 06:27 PM.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Agreed, Sangetsu's advice is spot on. I just have one thing to ask:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Firstly, there is no perfect time to have a child. You can say "I'll wait until I'm 30" only to find that you are too busy with other things when the time comes. Let things occur naturally, and the child will come when nature decides.
Isn't this the line of thinking that convinces 16-18 year old girls and couples to have a child, only to bring them into a world in which they can't afford economically or emotionally?

Either way,
A lot of the time, parents will blur the lines, which should remain distinct and seperate, between loving their children and parenting their children. To be a bad ass parent, know the difference between the two. Love your child(ren) unconditionally; without that you cannot be a good parent. Then it's just a matter of "training" your child by slowly introducing them to concepts, which are being thrown at them at an alarming rate.

And know that your children are smart; incredibly smart. I can't stand looking at these parents who treat their children like retarded sacks of flesh. Half of the time, children know more about the underlying principles that govern the world than their parents do, since we're all caught up in the material workings and operations of how the world functions.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
malee (Offline)
New to JF

01-21-2009, 04:42 AM

~waves~ hola, hi an all that. Just a couple of things. I completely understand not liking faeces, or vomit, etc, but if you're wanting to have kids (be it by birth or adoption) at the very least, they're going to vomit (even if they aren't babies).

You really have to face everything, not just an idealistic view of having kids.

I think adoption is a wonderful thing to do (especially considering there are so many children wordwide who could benefit from it) but it is also expensive to go through the process, so keep that in mind. The cost varies country to country, but it's always in the 1000's.

Kids cost money, time, effort and love, and you can't just pick the sunshine from the storms if you're diving into having kids. You will be responsible for their wellfare, health and happiness from the day they are born (or you adopt) til the day they leave home for good.

Good luck with getting a kid (hn. that sounds like you're gonna grab one off the street. Don't do that, by the way ^^, and a little bit of advice- if you really want kids, and you're only 16-18/19- why not try doing some babysitting of kids of various ages to get a little insight?

-shrugs- Talk to parents, read some books, if you really want more info, though keep in mind everyone else's opinions are just that- THEIR opinions. It doesn't mean it's wrong, but it doesn't mean you have to listen to any of us ^^

cheers,

malee

"You stab 'em, we slab 'em"

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead. Only then will you have done your share." -Phil Messina

"I would shake your hand, but I don't know where it's been"

"Representative of Postman Pat (the very happy mailman) and his black and white cat"
(#64 (permalink))
Old
UsagiSarah (Offline)
New to JF

02-26-2009, 09:19 PM

i think you are worrying a bit too soon. Don't worry about it until the time comes and you are married and planning a family. Same to the 16 year old in here.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
spiritsaid2 (Offline)
New to JF

04-17-2009, 06:52 PM

your right, classes are not likely to make you a good parent, better maybe, but not good. we do learn alot from our own Parents, but that doesn't mean you will follow in their footsteps either. if your not planning to have kids soon, it seems a bit premature to worry about this, and maybe that indicates a deeper issue that is bothering you. i suggest you figure out what that issue is first and work on that. then maybe you can determine for yourself if you are fit to be a good parent. your awfully young and you have alot of growing and learning to do yet. don't rush growing up just so you can have a grown up life. having a family is not as easy or glamorous as some young people think. when you do take that step just be sure your ready. good luck!
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Ojamajoz (Offline)
New to JF

04-18-2009, 10:31 PM

You will never, EVER be a good parent.

I will take your baby and put it in the microwave. Then it will pop!
(#67 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-18-2009, 10:34 PM

Are you guys still talking to the OP? You realize she hasn't been on JF since the day she made this thread last August, right?
(#68 (permalink))
Old
SaintKat (Offline)
Veni Vidi Vicious

05-04-2009, 02:37 AM

I think it's cute that everyone at JF are so nice they don't automatically realize they're being trolled.

Nobody is perfect.
I am nobody.
Therefore, I am perfect.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
vayz (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 07-05-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are you guys still talking to the OP? You realize she hasn't been on JF since the day she made this thread last August, right?
It's okay, others will also benefit from different points of views regarding the topic.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-05-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Even so, it doesn't mean I will. There are so many reasons I do not want them. In my opinion they are a waste of time, effort, and money.

Again it's the whole, you are 17 so you'll change your mind thing xD
It'd be a bit hard to procreate the human race if we all believed that now, wouldn't it?

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~