JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SunkenShip (Offline)
New to JF

Circumcision? - 08-17-2008, 06:59 AM

We may be moving to Japan and our son is one year old and intact (not circumcised.)

I've read that Japan is a non-circumcising country and culture, is this true? I hope so.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
imiss (Offline)
Metrosexual Narcissist

08-17-2008, 07:05 AM

Does it matter at all? Seems like whats in his own pants is his own business... :/
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SunkenShip (Offline)
New to JF

08-17-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imiss View Post
Does it matter at all? Seems like whats in his own pants is his own business... :/
You would think so, but some people in the US make a big deal about not being circumcised and I'd like to avoid that kind of social climate again, if possible.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
imiss (Offline)
Metrosexual Narcissist

08-17-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunkenShip View Post
You would think so, but some people in the US make a big deal about not being circumcised and I'd like to avoid that kind of social climate again, if possible.
I think you're worrying too much... I mean maybe people would care in some highly religious Jewish communities (but even then why would they be running though everyones pants checking the status???), but I'd say 99% of everyone else doesn't care at all... :/
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-17-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
We may be moving to Japan and our son is one year old and intact (not circumcised.)

I've read that Japan is a non-circumcising country and culture, is this true? I hope so.
Non-circumcised is more common than circumcised. You'll be fine.

Not ever topic needs to be a debate, imiss.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SunkenShip (Offline)
New to JF

08-17-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imiss View Post
I think you're worrying too much... I mean maybe people would care in some highly religious Jewish communities (but even then why would they be running though everyones pants checking the status???), but I'd say 99% of everyone else doesn't care at all... :/
Are you a parent?

Do you have boys?

Trust me, this is a testy issue in the States with some people.

When I changed my son in front of a friend of my spouse's, she gasped and asked me when I would be getting him cut. When I replied: NEVER, she was disgusted and proceeded to tell me how it's gross to be uncut.

That's just one example, I've had several experiences here like that and I don't want people talking that kind of junk around my son when he gets older and if he gets involved in sports.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

08-17-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Are you a parent?

Do you have boys?

When I changed my son in front of a friend of my spouse's, she gasped and asked me when I would be getting him cut. When I replied: NEVER, she was disgusted and proceeded to tell me how it's gross to be uncut.

That's just one example, I've had several experiences here like that and I don't want people talking that kind of junk around my son when he gets older and if he gets involved in sports.
Really?! Wow, I never knew it was such a big deal. Here in England, at least the people I know, really don't give a damn and it's completely not the done thing [well, as far as I know anyway xD], unless it's part of your religion or something.

To be honest I find it quite cruel, I don't understand the need for it as your body wasn't supposed to have bits chopped off it xD

Anyway, I think it's a personal question and I don't understand how a person would find out unless the person wanted them to. So just do what you feel is best, and don't consider what other people think of you, although it may be difficult.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
imiss (Offline)
Metrosexual Narcissist

08-17-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Are you a parent?

Do you have boys?

No, I'm not a parent, but yes I am male. Been living here in the states since I was 8.

And I think this "issue" is just like any other, a matter of preference. Its like discussing guys w/ pierced ears, some may think its "disgusting" and most others won't care either way.

In my own opinion, to sum it all up, cut = like a dried up mushroom, uncut = as it should be, as all animals have had for millions of years, obviously if it wouldn't be needed, evolution would get rid of it itself...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-17-2008, 07:52 AM

It is a bigger deal in the US than Japan. That hopefully answers your question.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
imiss (Offline)
Metrosexual Narcissist

08-17-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
wair.........
hahaha, was about to comment on what you said