LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Strike7785 (Offline)
New to JF

12-27-2008, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superheel View Post
The only way to stop teenage pregnancy is sex education for teenagers.
THey offer that in like 6th grade middle school n still young Teens JUST DONT CARE!!!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2008, 02:51 AM

Yeeah its right they really dont care..They people of their age to explain to them..("Hi im 15 and Im pregnant..")

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
So in that case, it doesn't matter if you are a teenager either, as long has you have a healthy, happy family life.
Yes it does, you cannot be a teenager and mature enough to look after a child, no matter what you think. And don't think I'm just talking about shit I know nothing about, I've had to help my mum look after my baby sister, I know how stressful it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen_Goth View Post
if only >.>

ahh, not to get bogged down in semantics, but it is true, the UK does have the highest teen preg. rate in Europe; i wouldn't blame it on one particular reason though; the benefits system in the UK is a sham, it is a bigger disservice to the honest tax paying worker than anything else... the attitude towards sex has changed so mush recently too (ie in the last decade) ; it's lees of an issue to sleep around; less stigma is put upon in and its generally assumed that most teenagers are having sex

I don't know exactly how it is in Japan, but i've heard the benefits system is different (alot less lax) and i think general opinion of sex is still a little more old fashioned (not a bad thing in the slightest!).
Right with ya there!

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~

Last edited by Hisuwashi : 12-27-2008 at 03:20 PM.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1254 View Post
its true (bit less exaggerated than alpha duck though )
BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Japan population 'set to plummet'
the BBC doesnt lie!
Yes the population is going down the tubes, but AlphaSuck predicts that the entire country is going to go down with it

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#35 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

12-27-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
I prefer the F-22 personally over the Eurofighter. Radar signature of a small bird and the vector engine thing. The SR71 Blackbird was also pretty sweet, just outrun the other guy(I know missiles are faster but I'm assuming you would be far enough away that they other guy couldn't get a lock).

But this isn't about jets.

I have also read some interesting articles about Japan's future population issues. It's projected that it will be 100 million in 2050 and 64 million in 2100(CIA Factbook found through wikipedia).
Yea the F-22 is pretty sweet (Thats the raptor right?)

pretty sweet machine....

but eurofighter has an even sweeter AI system...

hmmm yes Blackbird...very quick....but it drinks fuel like a russian drinks vodka...

if it is flying with full thrust.....it needs to be refueled mid air...even before it has reached maximum alititude

back to japans aging population....

yea the BBC source is a little vague there....

if you look at social security spending for example...its going up exponensially (almost)

while at under 10 trillion yen in 1974 it went up to almost 90 trillion yen in 2005!

and if you look at how much of that is pensions...
then its well under 1tr yen in 74 and well over 50-60 trillion yen in 2005.

infact total per capita spending on social security has gone up from
about 80,000 yen in 74 to about 700,000 yen in 2005

also in 2020 its the year of the Fire Horse (again) so there will be a massive drop in birth rate that year.

if you look at the actuall stats themselves....

then its quite clear that Unless Japan does something...its boned...

numbers of under 14 yr olds have more than halved as a %age since the 50's
over 75's has more than doubled

men over 50 and women over 50 who have never married has doubled aswell

even the economic studies published by Japans own GOV do not oaint a very rosy picture...
(#36 (permalink))
Old
kyuuketsuki25 (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation 12-27-2008, 06:02 PM

off topic much, alpha duck?

teen pregnancy is pretty messed up where i live too

i'm all for teens (older teens) having sex, as long as they're in a commited, loving relationship and USE PROTECTION

i dont know where you guys got this info that birth control isnt compatible with alot of people. most teens dont have health problems bad enough to exempt them, and the gov. will usually subsidize part or all of the cost (at least here in the states)

even if you cant take it, theres a plethora of other birth control out there at our fingertips! there is condoms (which dont break as often as you think), depo provera, the morning after pill, the ring, female condoms, IUD, spermacide, the list goes on and on.

it is sad that so many teens get preggo, so much so that our school district put in a daycare at our high school.

but i guess thats what you get with an oversexed media, and when your parents and society dont teach you actual morals, respect, and general decency, like people in japan do.

Kyuuketsuki25
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-27-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
Yes it does, you cannot be a teenager and mature enough to look after a child, no matter what you think. And don't think I'm just talking about shit I know nothing about, I've had to help my mum look after my baby sister, I know how stressful it is.

Right with ya there!
How is you looking after your baby sister anything to do with teenager pregnancy? My best friend just had a child at 17 and she is doing an excellent job. I would be mature enough to look after a child if I wanted one, but there again I know I have too much on to do that. Just because you are teenage doesn't mean you can't love or provide for your child. There are bad adult parents and bad teenage parents. Levels of maturity are not solely dependent on how old you are.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Sagres (Offline)
New to JF

01-15-2009, 03:35 AM

I Think you guys are missing the point...

As i see it (i might be wrong as i've never had direct contact with it) the Japanese culture actually as less restrainer thought of sex it self. In the Occidental culture sex was (until not much time ago probably your grandparents age) seen as something bad or that should be hidden as it was not "pure". This way of thinking came all the way from the time Christianity spread to our lands. So only lately this has started to be discussed as part of life, and until now sex was made but it was a "sin". Our culture is now tasting the "forbidden" fruit and not trying to control as they "eat" it. Japan (for its location) didn't had this kind of influences, sex was never a "sin" or not part of their moral code for that they don't have this uncontrollable urge for it.

Any way answering the off topics:

England pensions for mother who stay in home just tanking care of their child is in my view a very bold and intelligent move by the government as in the long run they will if not fix reduce the problems with aged population. It as some backtracks in economy right now but will help allot latter.

As for Japan yes they have the same aged population problem, but as happens with most of Europe it doesn't mean the country's economy will collapse. Even more because of all the multinational companies they have and will sustain the economy. Also your ignoring the fact that Japan had only to slightly open their borders to have 100000... Chinese, Indian or even Australians to work for them in the lowest positions as "cheap work labor".
I can't see the Japanese economy crumbling as some of you want to make it look like.

Also having the latest advancements in technology in war IS some thing important as it was proven in a battle by the us in the mid east where they lost only a couple of tanks and destroyed over 100 from the enemy. (numbers might be wrong but it was a insignificant lost for the us over the other country's lost)

Thank you for reading.

p.s.: You may flame me now if you wish i don't really care.

Since you cant use images :/

Fist to find what is my nick about gets a Cookie

Last edited by Sagres : 01-15-2009 at 03:38 AM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Sagres (Offline)
New to JF

01-15-2009, 03:39 AM

PHP Code:
Sry for the double Post it was not intentional 

Since you cant use images :/

Fist to find what is my nick about gets a Cookie

Last edited by Sagres : 01-15-2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Double post
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-15-2009, 04:18 AM

I too find the "teenagers are unable to be good parents" bit a little silly.
I`m not a teenage mother, but can say I pretty much completely raised my brother from birth to 5, while looking after (again, alone) my sister from 5 to 10.
It wasn`t a matter of "helping" either - it was a matter of my mother not being at home (out "partying"), so I had to pretty much quit school in order to take care of them.

Maturity depends upon the person, not age. Age only gives you an advantage - nothing else. I`d say that at 15, I was significantly more mature than my mother at 35... And there is absolutely no doubt to it at all now, as she`s freaking crying and trying to kill herself with a broken coffee cup if her boyfriend gets mad at her for cheating on him.

The most immature part of the whole equation is getting pregnant in the first place if you don`t have the ability to deal with the result.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.