JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I'm not so sure about that... in many Muslim countries, and other very religious countries, it's taught that sex before marriage is "bad and evil". Teenage pregnancies are a rarity and it's not because the kids are religious, it's because they actually fear the idea and believe it is BAD and EVIL to do anything with a girl until you're married!
Point well taken, noodle. I thought about talking about people seriously dedicated to their religions as the general exception to that rule. That is a situation where the power of the religion can be a greater influence than the power of biological urges. Certainly religions that require a high degree of dedication, like Catholic and Muslim beleifs have a better score card than the secular world in that respect.



Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
well, i believe you are mistaken when you talk about it being a emotional ordeal,.. to help prove my point i am going to ask a general question

what if you grew up in a society where there were only kids your age... there is abundant food supply etc. but everyone has to figure stuff out via experience. there are no adults telling everyone how the world works... you still get sexual desires at the same general age that you did in your own life... but, there has never been anyone to tell you why you get them, if there is something wrong with them, or that you shouldn't act on them. would you feel bad about having sex at the age of thirteen?... i can tell you the answer to that now.. no,.. the answer comes because you wouldn't be able to tell how old you were at any given time.
you would be left to natures clock. so, basically, would you feel emotional turbulence over sex if you had been raised by wolves

you would act on natural impulses ... and i would find it disturbing if someone were to try to convince me that nature does not cut it; that we need religious or governmental institutions to tell us our behavioral traits
you know what happens when humans think they can do better than nature?... we get drugs that make diseases stronger... pesticides that make pests more tolerant.. in the end we get Jurassic park
What a bizarre question to raise.

You say "13" like that is the age when people sexually mature. We know it is younger than that...for girls 10 or 11, genrally, and for boys about 12. For some even earlier. If you think nature rules...then let's use nature's numbers.

But yes, if raised like wolves people would act like wolves. Not only would they probably be having sexual relations of some kind or another at pre-teen times, but they are also going to attack rivals, fight over food and mates, and males will probably ignore thier offspring. If that is good enough for you, fine, but I prefer modern society.
Reply With Quote
(#62 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
you know what... i have just decided that i am going to sit down with my son or daughter when she/ he is about the age of 13 and make sure they know it is ok for them to mate. in fact, i will encourage them to find someone and seduce them early on
There is a name for that. It is called child abuse.
Reply With Quote
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi's Avatar
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 541
Join Date: Sep 2006
02-07-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
you know what... i have just decided that i am going to sit down with my son or daughter when she/ he is about the age of 13 and make sure they know it is ok for them to mate. in fact, i will encourage them to find someone and seduce them early on
That is a sick and perveted idea, and to do so would not only be crime but also great traversty of natural law.


~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
Reply With Quote
(#64 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja's Avatar
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...
 
Posts: 695
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Today, I'm here. Tomorrow? Who knows
Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
02-09-2010, 07:18 PM

How did we end up on child abuse-like circumstances? I think very few people would actually do that (though I do unfortunately, have met a very promiscuous 13 year-old girl but it was not because of a parent's encouragement).
Anyway... all of the reasons listed for the low rate of teenage pregnancies in Japan have some root in validity. Perhaps also because I've heard from a few girls that "having sex and getting pregnant" makes them feel more "adult and in a position of authority over" their own lives. This obviously might not be the case with accidental pregnancies, but for getting pregnant on purpose. The Japanese teenager may be in no rush to join the adult Japanese society in this manner.


I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
Reply With Quote
(#65 (permalink))
Old
dirtyroboto's Avatar
dirtyroboto (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 214
Join Date: Nov 2008
02-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
I'm not so sure about that... in many Muslim countries, and other very religious countries, it's taught that sex before marriage is "bad and evil". Teenage pregnancies are a rarity and it's not because the kids are religious, it's because they actually fear the idea and believe it is BAD and EVIL to do anything with a girl until you're married!
They are rare as the women get stoned to death or beaten if they get raped let alone are found guilty of instigating the act of sex.

--------

I think the kids and teens over here (Japan) grow up with a whole different set of values then in the UK/USA. You don't see 6-10 year olds roaming the streets after 5PM; you don't see them breaking things, harassing people, getting drunk, smoking weed and the list could go on to be a very long one.
The point is that their disposition to doing something that westerners would not think twice about is based in a society that has a strong and balanced spirit. (plz, I am generalising).

For kids in the west it is a kudos thing among their cliques to do certain things. This is why in the UK you "is a bad man" if you stab some passer-by with your knife while your buddies laugh and joke. And for girls to do the same thing.
Kids in their 10's and up are smoking the weed and getting drunk; mostly on mum n' dad's weed n' booze.

The Japanese don't have that type of culture, thank god! And while to some degree some people do do bad shit here it is a very small amount of people a small amount of the time.

Yes the pension system will get very bad but at least the Japanese kids are studying and will be productive people. Not like the bunch of stoned, alcoholic, violent under educated layabouts you will end up with in the UK. (and USA but not so bad).

For most Japanese boy and girl teens sex is something to talk and snigger about. Kind of like in the UK 30 years ago.
Reply With Quote
(#66 (permalink))
Old
noodle's Avatar
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo
 
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris/London/Algiers
02-10-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyroboto View Post
They are rare as the women get stoned to death or beaten if they get raped let alone are found guilty of instigating the act of sex.
haaahahaa!
Reply With Quote
(#67 (permalink))
Old
IamKira's Avatar
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl
 
Posts: 805
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Akina
02-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
That is a sick and perveted idea, and to do so would not only be crime but also great traversty of natural law.
first off, it wouldn't be a crime if my offspring had sex at the age of 13.. the only law regarding sex and age is the 18 over under rule. so if he/ she had sex @ 12 with another 12 year old it would be fine.
secondly, oooohhhh it's illegal .... the law is simply other humans enforcing their moral code onto me.. i do not respect, and often do not follow the law. i make my own laws. i make my own rules, and then, sometimes i'll break those.



IamKira
Reply With Quote
(#68 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
02-10-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
first off, it wouldn't be a crime if my offspring had sex at the age of 13.. the only law regarding sex and age is the 18 over under rule. so if he/ she had sex @ 12 with another 12 year old it would be fine.
secondly, oooohhhh it's illegal .... the law is simply other humans enforcing their moral code onto me.. i do not respect, and often do not follow the law. i make my own laws. i make my own rules, and then, sometimes i'll break those.
I think you are confused there. There are "age of consent" laws which vary state by state. However, in no state in the US is the age of consent 12 years old.

Each state established their age of consent law on their own, and yet none of them agree with you notion that sex is a healthy thing for 12 year olds.

Wonder why that is...
Reply With Quote
(#69 (permalink))
Old
IamKira's Avatar
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl
 
Posts: 805
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Akina
02-10-2010, 11:15 PM

it's because america's laws are based off a populous who blindly follow christian dogma. that "christian" attitude has trickled into the laws of the country.
the problem there is that christians are hypocrites - which is why we allow for abortion ... it's not christian, but it's convenient for them.



IamKira
Reply With Quote
(#70 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
02-10-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
it's because america's laws are based off a populous who blindly follow christian dogma. that "christian" attitude has trickled into the laws of the country.
the problem there is that christians are hypocrites - which is why we allow for abortion ... it's not christian, but it's convenient for them.
Then why are the age of consent laws in non-Christian countries about the same?

I think we both know it is in order to protect children.

Like it or not, even when our bodies are "ready" for procreation, our minds are not. That is the social issue you don't seem to want to address.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6