(#51 (permalink))
Old
sarasi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
I think this whole stopping teen pregnancy deal is bullshit
It is natural .. it is biological .. it is the time when our sexual organs are developing and need to be exercised. it is only because of this system that we do not encourage it.. it is only because teens do not have stable jobs which can support a family.. it is because of school.
Wow, very scary that someone actually thinks like this. Are you actually suggesting that teen pregnancy should be encouraged/not discouraged? While some teens do have the emotional maturity to be parents and the ability to support a child financially, most absolutely do not. It is not only because of school or that teens "do not have stable jobs". Can I ask how old you are? Because I can't imagine anyone over the age of about 22 coming out with such a ludicrous idea.

Just because we can physically have children does not mean we should. Do you know that recently a Chinese girl gave birth at the age of 9? Obviously she is quite capable physically, it's all very natural as you suggested, but do you think she has the emotional tools to care for a baby? Most girls have started their periods by the age of 13, and you honestly think that also means they should start having sex then too, because their sex organs "need to be exercised"? Good grief, words fail me.

Last edited by sarasi : 02-06-2010 at 01:42 AM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

02-06-2010, 01:50 AM

we've become too soft if "we need emotional tools to deal with sex".. it's just the insertion and reinsertion of the penis into the vagina until sperm is injected into the vagina.. i wonder what's so traumatizing about that

and my point was that people should have to learn how to be parents through failed experiences. yes, i think once you start developing an urge for sex you should have sex.. all this abstinence crap only breeds repression.. and class, anyone know what repression breeds?.. anyone? oh yes, johnny- "Repression breeds ..uhmm breeds perversion." good answer.
i just love how whenever someone is sexually implicit, everyone uses the same phrase "Pervert!" or "you're so perverted" etc. in fact it is the other way around

IamKira
(#53 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2010, 05:42 AM

kira, you are essentially advovating for sex between preteens, and there is no way I can get behind that. Just because a body is physically capable to have intercourse at 11 or 12 doesn't mean that mentally the person is there.

Abstinence does not mean repression. There are other ways to satisfy biological desires without involving another person.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

02-06-2010, 07:58 AM

my point was that by putting so much emphasis on sex and how it's bad and evil and by protecting teens from it and shooing them away from it, we only make to give sex a big deal.. if we decentralize the notion of sex and it's importance, it won't be such a major emotional issue for people.. it will simply be the process of reproducing.
and why should we have to satisfy our desires without another person?... that is the reason why we have those desires.. is so that we'll have sex with eachother.

a person should have sex when they start having the desire for it.

IamKira
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-06-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
my point was that by putting so much emphasis on sex and how it's bad and evil and by protecting teens from it and shooing them away from it, we only make to give sex a big deal.. if we decentralize the notion of sex and it's importance, it won't be such a major emotional issue for people.. it will simply be the process of reproducing.
I agree with this part. Sex is blown out of proportion for what it is. It has become some big secret with myths and mystique, when really it`s a very simple thing - and natural at that.

Quote:
and why should we have to satisfy our desires without another person?... that is the reason why we have those desires.. is so that we'll have sex with eachother.

I don`t agree with this.

Masturbation is also natural. You say yourself that sex should be thought of as "the process of reproducing". If we think of it as such, you are saying that people far too young and immature to properly care for a child should be reproducing.
I don`t really think that is what you mean, but it definitely sounds like that.

In the distant distant past, I`m sure that if a couple at 10 or 12 had a baby and were unable to care for it... the baby would simply die. A way of reducing the "stupid enough to have a baby at that age" gene. But the modern world doesn`t really work that way, and you end up with children in bad situations with just enough support to live - but not necessarily enough to grow into mature participants in society.

The sense of mystique and taboo about sex needs to go - I agree. But in it`s place there needs to be proper education, support, and acceptance of other ways to take care of those urges before you`re old enough to properly take care of the potential result.

ETA; I had my period at 8, and had interest in sexual stuff at 9 or 10. But that most definitely doesn`t mean I would have been mature enough to handle the realities and results of such.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 02-06-2010 at 08:53 AM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:

No successful teen sex program is going to get anywhere by calling sex "bad" or "evil". Abstinence only programs have shown that.

Sex will always be a mojor emotional issue for people just by the nature of what it is. Sex has always been a big deal, and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Kira, you aren't addressing my point. Girls are able to get pregnant at the age of 11 or 12. Does that mean they are mentally ready to enter into sexual relationships? Of course not. Thousands of years ago when we only lived to the age of 20 that made sense, but now that we live well into our 70s there is no reason to enter adulthood prematurely. Socially and mentally people are children for longer than our ancestors. However, our bodies are ready for adulthood before our brains are.

Children are not ready for the responsibilities, heartache and emotions that come with sexual relationships. Therefore self-gratification is the best outlet until maturity is achieved.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
No successful teen sex program is going to get anywhere by calling sex "bad" or "evil". Abstinence only programs have shown that.
I'm not so sure about that... in many Muslim countries, and other very religious countries, it's taught that sex before marriage is "bad and evil". Teenage pregnancies are a rarity and it's not because the kids are religious, it's because they actually fear the idea and believe it is BAD and EVIL to do anything with a girl until you're married!
(#58 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

02-06-2010, 10:47 AM

well, i believe you are mistaken when you talk about it being a emotional ordeal,.. to help prove my point i am going to ask a general question

what if you grew up in a society where there were only kids your age... there is abundant food supply etc. but everyone has to figure stuff out via experience. there are no adults telling everyone how the world works... you still get sexual desires at the same general age that you did in your own life... but, there has never been anyone to tell you why you get them, if there is something wrong with them, or that you shouldn't act on them. would you feel bad about having sex at the age of thirteen?... i can tell you the answer to that now.. no,.. the answer comes because you wouldn't be able to tell how old you were at any given time.
you would be left to natures clock. so, basically, would you feel emotional turbulence over sex if you had been raised by wolves

you would act on natural impulses ... and i would find it disturbing if someone were to try to convince me that nature does not cut it; that we need religious or governmental institutions to tell us our behavioral traits
you know what happens when humans think they can do better than nature?... we get drugs that make diseases stronger... pesticides that make pests more tolerant.. in the end we get Jurassic park

IamKira

Last edited by IamKira : 02-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

02-06-2010, 10:54 AM

you know what... i have just decided that i am going to sit down with my son or daughter when she/ he is about the age of 13 and make sure they know it is ok for them to mate. in fact, i will encourage them to find someone and seduce them early on

IamKira
(#60 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

02-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
you know what... i have just decided that i am going to sit down with my son or daughter when she/ he is about the age of 13 and make sure they know it is ok for them to mate. in fact, i will encourage them to find someone and seduce them early on
why? ......