JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Parental Rights in Japan? - 09-26-2009, 01:29 PM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 11:42 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-02-2009, 06:41 AM

Hi,

Here's a link to a good article :
Japan Divorce, Prenuptial, Separation, International Family Law
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-02-2009, 03:22 PM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 11:42 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-14-2009, 05:46 PM

There are many people, (mostly men) who get into a really bad situation with this.

I would advise if you have problems regarding non-access to children etc. etc.

speak to your friendly local yakuza, (for a fee they can make the problem go away)
or if you dont much fancy bumping off your ex, speak to someone with a slavic accent about a little holiday to Russia.

the underworld is there for a reason, because sometimes the law lets you down.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-18-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
This may be looking ahead some what but I thought it worth asking. I've heard many stories that when a foriegner and a Japanese person have a child that the foriegner - should they divorce - has virtually no rights to the child. In fact I've read many times, even on this forum, that the Japanese parent can abduct the child back to their home-country, or refuse access to the child.

The thing is the stories seem to be about Japanese mothers/foriegn fathers, so my question is do foriegn mothers get more rights than the foriegn fathers? I.E If I had a child with a Japanese man and things didn't work out, would I still have rights to the child being its mother? If not then were we not married, the child had an English passport and etc. would I get rights then over the partner?
You are correct.

if you are a foreigner and your other is Japanese, divorce in Japan, FORGET it!

Take what you want and can secretly and escape.

I had a good Chinese American colleague and she was being abused by her JP hsuband. She abudcted her son away from him and went back to the US. Shocking I know, but like I said, foreigners have NO chance within a Japanese court. To be "better" than a Japanese national would be a disgrace.

I recently divorced my Japanese wife.

She registered our son in japan and changed his family name without my consent or knowledge. She obtained a secret japanese passport fro him without my consent or knowledge. She obtained a fully authorized and signed spouse visa for me signed by her parents without my knowledge.

Obviously it's now in the family court here and an airport stop has been placed on our son.

She has also been ordered to hand his passport into the court and restrained from obatining another.

She is a snidly dog who quite happily would have abducted our son away from his father with a smile on her face.

I know another Aussie guy in Cairns who gained full custody of his half Japanese kids. Hie also had an airport stop placed through the courts.

Amazingly his Japanese X, managed to swindle her way through the Airport Immigration.. BIG government mistake.. The poor guy now has no access to his two daughters as his Japanese wife now in Japan could not give a shite!

He has full government financial support for Japanese lawyers, flights to Japan etc., so he will take it all the way to the courts in Japan.

I silently know that he has buckley's of getting his two daughters back home to their country of birth.

Their is an Australian arrest warant now for her.

Unfortunately, Japan is not a treaty member to the Hague agreement on child abduction and remains a hugely problematic country.

The fact is, foreigners in Japanese courts do not mix.

Cheers - Oz
(#6 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-18-2009, 04:07 PM

sad but true,

I also have heard more tales of qoe relating to this than you would believe.

Alls i can say is:

Mother Russia is but a speed boat journey away, its not cheap...but hey.

there are many ways to smuggle someone out of a country.
the main point though is make sure you have correct VISA, and documentation for all parties who will be going to fresh country.

this may be a little diffult in certain situations, (I.e. you don't have childs passport) but it can be done.

again, depending on how evil he/she is,
Isn't the suicide rate in Japan High?

also:
its only a murder enquirey when they find the body, and missing persons, lots of them
(#7 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsDaffy View Post
sad but true,

speak to your friendly local yakuza, (for a fee they can make the problem go away)
or if you dont much fancy bumping off your ex, speak to someone with a slavic accent about a little holiday to Russia.
I also have heard more tales of qoe relating to this than you would believe.

Alls i can say is:

Mother Russia is but a speed boat journey away, its not cheap...but hey.

there are many ways to smuggle someone out of a country.
the main point though is make sure you have correct VISA, and documentation for all parties who will be going to fresh country.

this may be a little diffult in certain situations, (I.e. you don't have childs passport) but it can be done.

again, depending on how evil he/she is,
Isn't the suicide rate in Japan High?

also:
its only a murder enquirey when they find the body, and missing persons, lots of them
This isn't a joking matter.
Your comments on this sicken me. Grow up.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-19-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
This isn't a joking matter.
Your comments on this sicken me. Grow up.
Who's joking??

sometimes in life you have to do some sh1t (as they say).

you can chose to lose,
or move to win.

simples
(#9 (permalink))
Old
bekhiet (Offline)
New to JF

09-29-2011, 01:14 AM

The Japanese citzen whether male or female will have the legal custody of the child(ren). There is really no family law system in Japan and Japan is not part of the Hague convention. Proceed with caution if you are in this type of situation.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-29-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekhiet View Post
The Japanese citzen whether male or female will have the legal custody of the child(ren). There is really no family law system in Japan and Japan is not part of the Hague convention. Proceed with caution if you are in this type of situation.
This thread hasn't been active for almost two years....