Enough games, boys.
(#132 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

06-20-2009, 04:58 AM

Oh crud, it's the fuzz.

*runs*

Anyways, this thread seems kinda familiar, like an old thread from last year.

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#133 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-20-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Almost all kids are cute. It is when we become adults that we get ugly.
Speak for yourself

Cheers - Oz
(#134 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-20-2009, 10:47 AM

I don't think it matters.

When you have your own kids, mixed or not, with or without a disability, if you don't love them, well, something has to be very wrong.

The cuteness is something else. I see some kids which are cute, other's don't look cute, but are cheeky monkeys, other's just have great personalities without a cute look, and vica versa..

Then again, other's think that other's are cute, and other's not.. We all differ in our own opinions..

I get comments about my son being cute all over the place. He is a little show off and a smarty pants, and I get away with murder when shopping because of his cuteness.

Not many can let their 2.2 year olds run rampant in a storage shop using the merchandise as building bricks as happened this weekend!

The female shop assistants were encouraging him which gave mummy and daddy some serious decide shopping time.

By the way, my son is "mixed" Japanese-Australian. It's definitely not on my mind though.. He's a small boy who loves what a 2.2 year old should be loving.

he get's the best of both worlds

The disability thing, well, I was prepared for it mentally, and fully committed just in case. It certainly wouldn't have changed my opinions in regards to my son.

I remember asking the doc at ultrasound time.. "Are all his toes and finger's their" "Two eyes", etc.

It's a scary thought for many but don't let other's phase you..

My best buddy at school had a deaf and dumb brother. ken was by memory ten years older then me..

His bro and me had fun teasing him about his disabilities.. He would always win though, physically! (Thisis Aussie style)

The best part was his dad invented the brail telephone which became famous world wide..

I worked with colleagues next door the Para-olympic section on the Sydney Olympics Organising commitee.. No big deal.. Half the workers were athletes and participants..

It's just not a taboo thing with me.. My mate could have one leg, I don't care and it wouldn't make him any lesser to me..

Disabilities for me just do not qualify for anything special..

Cheers - Oz
(#135 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-20-2009, 11:43 AM

I am really stunned by the level of ignorance and lack of thought.
Really. There is very little that truly makes me shake my head on here - and this has succeeded.

It doesn`t matter whether you think differently of those with disabilities.
That isn`t the point, nor does it even have anything to do with the reason I (and Burkhartdesu) feel shocked.
I really do not think you realize what you have said.

You are making a flippant remark about wishing your own child were disabled, because, you know, that`s so cute and all. Without giving ANY thought to the seriousness - without giving any thought to the future of that child. And without giving any thought to the fact that 99.99999% of parents who have a disabled child, if there were a magic way to turn back time and remove the problems from their child`s future, would kill for that chance.

I doubt you would look at a starving child in a third world country and then turn to their parents and saw "Aww, that`s so cute! I wish my son were malnourished too because he eats too much and is so hard to carry these days!" - but yet you think it`s alright to say you think it`s cute that my son will likely require some level of care for the rest of his life... But of course, you can think that way, as you have no problems flaunting how intelligent and amazing your kid is. You never have to worry about months upon months of hospitalization, years and years of therapy, a lifetime of supervision. Not to mention the nagging fear of what will happen once you`re gone. What happens when you`re not there... How things will end up.

Yep, it`s just all cute and sweet. What a wonderful world you live in!

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-20-2009, 12:04 PM

One of my closest friend is a mix (Hakka Chinese mother and Northern Indian father) and she really hates it because she can't fit into any groups. And I know plenty of mixed people who really wish they weren't mixed.

People forget that a lot of them tend to have identity crisis and inner cultural conflict when they grow up.

My yet to be born future cousin is half-Italian and half-Korean and my whole family already worries that the kid will have a huge unavoidable quality hardship. Not because of biological appearance but because of direct cultural identity clashes.

This is a very sensitive subject that shouldn't be taken lightly.
(#137 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
06-20-2009, 01:17 PM

ahah!

Yuujirou ish of pureblood x]
toisanese >.>''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
06-20-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Really. There is very little that truly makes me shake my head on here - and this has succeeded.

That isn`t the point, nor does it even have anything to do with the reason I (and Burkhartdesu) feel shocked.

You are making a flippant remark about wishing your own child were disabled, because, you know, that`s so cute and all. Without giving ANY thought to the seriousness - without giving any thought to the future of that child. And without giving any thought to the fact that 99.99999% of parents who have a disabled child, if there were a magic way to turn back time and remove the problems from their child`s future, would kill for that chance.

I doubt you would look at a starving child in a third world country and then turn to their parents and saw "Aww, that`s so cute! I wish my son were malnourished too because he eats too much and is so hard to carry these days!" - but yet you think it`s alright to say you think it`s cute that my son will likely require some level of care for the rest of his life... But of course, you can think that way, as you have no problems flaunting how intelligent and amazing your kid is. You never have to worry about months upon months of hospitalization, years and years of therapy, a lifetime of supervision. Not to mention the nagging fear of what will happen once you`re gone. What happens when you`re not there... How things will end up.

...This made me want to cry.

No parent should have to go through this, and yet a lot do...

At my high school, they have a high level of special needs/deaf/blind students, and someone made a similar comment about one student. Glares everywhere....

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#139 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-21-2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
I get comments about my son being cute all over the place. He is a little show off and a smarty pants, and I get away with murder when shopping because of his cuteness.

Not many can let their 2.2 year olds run rampant in a storage shop using the merchandise as building bricks as happened this weekend!
Do you have any idea how much people hate kids like what you describe, and shun parents who don't igve a f*ck?

I just had to sit on a plane a couple weeks back for 9 hours with some family behind me that had absolutely no control over there about 2 and a half year old son. Damn it is annoying.

You may think it is cute when he runs around screaming and crying and throws shit everywhere and breaks stuff, but the most people around just frown, even if you don't see it.

Just think, if you cannot control a 2 year old, how much trouble will you have when it gets to 15?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#140 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-21-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

I hear you, don't worry. I know it was a poor thing to say. I understand how hard it must be.

I think my Chuekie is pregnant again (after so long trying; first one miscarriaged). We both say we cannot take care of one if it isn't 100%. We wouldn't keep it, so you must be bold.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…