(#52 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-03-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SceptileMaster View Post
I hope this isn't a bad question to ask and please warn me if I'm going anywhere uncomfortable so I know I'm in the wrong but because your son was born so early does he look younger than all the other children his age? I was also born early, but not too early. Only 18 days.
Look younger? No. A lot smaller - yes. He is very thin to begin with, so he actually tends to look older in build and features than his peers... Until you compare size.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

03-03-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Look younger? No. A lot smaller - yes. He is very thin to begin with, so he actually tends to look older in build and features than his peers... Until you compare size.

Your lovely son is very handsome young boy to me. ^^ I saw you pic of his underweight and very small baby I felt my heart is sorrow for your son I wish I want help with your son for fun ways and good times. ^^

and I really want hugs your son ^_^

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-03-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:

That is officially the cutest picture of all time.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
03-03-2009, 08:47 PM

Nyororin post sparked something in me that sent me on a day and half of internet adventures about genetics and various other things. I came across this article on Japan Times actually its a series of comments written by men and women who have mixed children and currently or have in the past reside in Japan the nationalities of the children are very diverse. These are all personal experiences and reading it gave me a moment to reflect on myself and my families mixed heritage.

Nyororin i would really like to hear you're opinion since the people writing in the article are similar to you.

The half, bi or double debate | The Japan Times Online

(#56 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

03-03-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOMBER View Post
I'm sorry but how can you have mixed races in JAPAN?
Think about it how can you have mixed races anywhere the answer is pretty simple.

(#57 (permalink))
Old
GentlePrincessJC (Offline)
is on TEAM ZERO.

Send a message via MSN to GentlePrincessJC
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM

im cool w/ it. happens everyday.

- 「 BANG <3 BANG! 」 -
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-03-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Nyororin i would really like to hear you're opinion since the people writing in the article are similar to you.
I`d like to think that I don`t belong in the same group as the majority of those people - as lifestyles and attitudes usually do not overlap. It seems a big chunk of the fly-into-a-frenzy if they`re called gaijin, or if someone says half in front of them is of the "nothing in Japan is good enough" crowd, homeschooling their kids lest they be tainted, etc.

Throwing a fit over the "half" term seems like such a waste of time and effort, seeking out something to cry discrimination and racism over... While forgetting that you say pretty much the same thing in English.
I have absolutely no issues with the term and think that trying to force "double" or the like on others is pretty close to folly. "Half" has made itself a short and convenient Japanese word to refer to mixed race children. Double is NOT a Japanese word, so trying to stick it in there to replace simply doesn`t work. It comes off meaning twice as much, twice as good - which isn`t right.

But, of course, everyone loves to whine about being discriminated against in every capacity in Japan.

(#59 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

03-04-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
I`d like to think that I don`t belong in the same group as the majority of those people - as lifestyles and attitudes usually do not overlap. It seems a big chunk of the fly-into-a-frenzy if they`re called gaijin, or if someone says half in front of them is of the "nothing in Japan is good enough" crowd, homeschooling their kids lest they be tainted, etc.

Throwing a fit over the "half" term seems like such a waste of time and effort, seeking out something to cry discrimination and racism over... While forgetting that you say pretty much the same thing in English.
I have absolutely no issues with the term and think that trying to force "double" or the like on others is pretty close to folly. "Half" has made itself a short and convenient Japanese word to refer to mixed race children. Double is NOT a Japanese word, so trying to stick it in there to replace simply doesn`t work. It comes off meaning twice as much, twice as good - which isn`t right.

But, of course, everyone loves to whine about being discriminated against in every capacity in Japan.
Does that pretty much go hand and hand with what you commented earlier with people saying "cute" when refering to mixed child?

Its weird to see so many differnt perspectives on the matter. I never thought of myself or my sister as any different it felt natural to just say im mixed. But you are right you could go to any country and here people find something to link to discrimnation.

Thank you for imput I think it obvious why i asked for your input on the artice. oh i didnt mean group you with all the people in article it was more of the fact that you are raising a mixed child as these people are.

(#60 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Does that pretty much go hand and hand with what you commented earlier with people saying "cute" when refering to mixed child?

Its weird to see so many differnt perspectives on the matter. I never thought of myself or my sister as any different it felt natural to just say im mixed. But you are right you could go to any country and here people find something to link to discrimnation.

Thank you for imput I think it obvious why i asked for your input on the artice. oh i didnt mean group you with all the people in article it was more of the fact that you are raising a mixed child as these people are.
Don`t worry, I understand that you weren`t grouping me with them - and the negativity wasn`t in your direction at all.

The cute thing, well... Really it`s more just a pet peeve than having anything deeply linked to discrimination, etc. Under normal circumstances I think it would be great to have someone comment that your kid is cute... But when that becomes an automatic response because of their racial background, it starts to get annoying. But I do suppose it`s much better than a negative reaction. It`s just hard to filter out the real compliments from the "Half? Must be cute then!" ones.