LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
redbone (Offline)
New to JF

04-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
I believe the correct term is Blasian. lol.

"(Hope that's not offensive)"
Lol @ "correct term"
(#72 (permalink))
Old
keichichan (Offline)
Fangirl

04-24-2009, 06:08 PM

Well in my experiance (I'm 14 so I'm only in High school) with mixed race children, as they get older people aren't always going to be welcoming. And lots of people are against marrying outside of race. I for one am not one fo those people. I say if ya love them marry them. I live in the states, and am white, but I prefer men of asian ethnicity. In my opinio they have better manners. -.-
I have two have Chinese American cousins and four German American cousins. But of course they are all older in age. ^.^
(#73 (permalink))
Old
keichichan (Offline)
Fangirl

04-24-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Aww, I just had to comment, your child is absolutely adorable Ozkai You must be really proud. He's one of the cutest kids I've seen.

I was curious - though it may be a little off-topic - but do mixed-raced children face any challenges growing up or as adults in Japan? I wondered if there was any discrimination at all or if they were accepted as normally as one would expect.
Here in the United States it's very difficult for mixed children. Especially if a white marries an african american. But I've said before that people here in the U.S lack compassion and manners.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keichichan View Post
Here in the United States it's very difficult for mixed children. Especially if a white marries an african american. But I've said before that people here in the U.S lack compassion and manners.
Where in the world do you come up with this stuff? Instead of saying "Here in the U.S." say "Here in [town I live in]" because I think your experiences are likely limited enough that you cannot speak for the entire country.

Where I live there are lots of mixed race children in any combination you can think of. White and black is as common as white and Asian, black and Hispanic, etc. Life for these children is as hard as it is for a single-race child. There is no need for "compassion" as they are not handicapped or looked down upon. In fact some are jealous of kids in bilingual households because they can speak two languages without even trying.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-22-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
In fact some are jealous of kids in bilingual households because they can speak two languages without even trying.
Aha.. That;s my man and my boy shall be exactly that..

He is already saying ne after every single English word

Cheers - Oz
(#76 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
05-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
He is already saying ne after every single English word
He is mixing them together, not talking separately. a cousin of mine started doing the same and he had trouble learning which was this or that language. Where do you live, Japan? If yes, it is best to talk to him only English, even outside with Japanese people or his friends.

He can learn Japanese via friends.

this is the best way, trust me.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#77 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
He is mixing them together, not talking separately. a cousin of mine started doing the same and he had trouble learning which was this or that language. Where do you live, Japan? If yes, it is best to talk to him only English, even outside with Japanese people or his friends.

He can learn Japanese via friends.

this is the best way, trust me.
Trust you LOL...

I'll ask where he lives tomorrow

Cheers - Oz
(#78 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

05-28-2009, 12:14 PM

Who said mixed race children aren't gona be accepted?
Usually they're even more accepted into jobs than an full asian. In London, I guess, but London is a metropolitan capital.

Plus, I know loads of mixed race children and they become pretty much whitewashed, [no offence, I'm pretty damn white washed myself] and blend into society.

Maybe in a country with a majority asian population with China and Japan, but even then, Mixed race kids are always looked with admiration, because most of them are quite good looking. In Japan, you got celebrities that at mixed race, like Erika Sawajiri, Shirota Yuu.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#79 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-28-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
Who said mixed race children aren't gona be accepted?
Usually they're even more accepted into jobs than an full asian. In London, I guess, but London is a metropolitan capital.

Plus, I know loads of mixed race children and they become pretty much whitewashed, [no offence, I'm pretty damn white washed myself] and blend into society.

Maybe in a country with a majority asian population with China and Japan, but even then, Mixed race kids are always looked with admiration, because most of them are quite good looking. In Japan, you got celebrities that at mixed race, like Erika Sawajiri, Shirota Yuu.
This definitely depends and which location and how.

I do agree that mixed races are admired, but not always.

I've got firneds with dual kids in Japan, I also have good full bllooded Japanese friends in Japan whose kids were scholled from young in the US.

I have good Japanese friends in Sydney, their kids, once again, full Japanese are thoroughly enjoying Aussie school and things could not be better.

I coached these two friends in my lesson and took them through the stages beofre and after with my parents helping in Sydney.

Hiromi has the surf, the kids have their school which they are loving, and the sky is the limit for Masahi and his road touring bike.

Relocation was a huge barrier for me with our son and quite possibly is what led to my marriage breakdown.

I figured, if we went to live in Japan and he wasn't accepted, It would have been up to me to play counsellor. I figured, should any child have to go through this.

I think if a mixed child in Japan has an outgoing personality able to tuck small things behind, he/she will be popular (looks considered), whereas in Thailand, it didn't matter.

I'm sure Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipines and other's are just as sound, but Japan is a very unique place.

As an adult, I love Japan, I don't have to fit in, but I am past the learning stage and no longer need educating. It is very different for a small child going through schooling and their are huge barriers and hurdles.

Cheers - Oz
(#80 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
05-28-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keichichan View Post
WOW really? open mouth and insert foot. Where the hell did you hear that nonsense from? Speaking as an African African with a very mixed background of as many races as you can name off i can tell you thats not the case at all. My sister is half black and half German and neither of us experienced any other hardship that a kid of pure race and close in age had.

Before you make comments please research or at least say where you live or an area you are familiar with because that is not the case for the whole of the US. Why in the hell would a mixed child need compassion? In most cases they are better prepared to enter society than pure race kids.

I see nothing changes around here.