JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
UsagiSarah (Offline)
New to JF

Mixed race children. - 02-26-2009, 09:10 PM

I was wondering if anybody on here are a mixed race couple with children or babies on the way, or are children of mixed races in Japan.

I am a Caucasian woman marrying a Japanese man. We are very excited to start our family soon after marrying. I would like to get to know others who have married other races maybe share some photos of children!

I always enjoy seeing mixed race families where i work it makes me excited about my future family!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM

Hello well I'm not living in japan right now but I'm black and Japanese if that counts?

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-26-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Hello well I'm not living in japan right now but I'm black and Japanese if that counts?
Awesome! Your Blackanese!!!

(Hope that's not offensive)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM

No its not i say the joke at time too. when i was taking karate classes one of my friends said in the sight of battle two foes will fight blackanese vs germanese.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
02-26-2009, 10:58 PM

PM/talk to Nyororin

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-26-2009, 11:03 PM

ah good times,good times.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

02-26-2009, 11:09 PM

Actually! I'm mixed race too!

(Caucasian, Polynesian)

But such people (Caucasian, Polynesian mixes) are common here in New Zealand so I don't really think about it.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 02-26-2009 at 11:12 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
werkz (Offline)
New to JF

02-26-2009, 11:33 PM

I too am a mix of different nationalities, but as of a few days ago more than i thought. My mother is Korean and my father is Mexican so its a strange mix of the bat already. I was having a conversation with my mother a few days ago about my family's ancestry. Turns out that i am also part Japanese and possibly Chinese. It blew my mind to find this out. She said that this happened to our family when Korea was under Japanese rule. I guess that this may have happened a lot during this time but i am not sure about that history ( It has sparked my interest on that subject though).

I wonder how people of mixed nationalities are accepted in Japanese society.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
02-26-2009, 11:46 PM

I love learning about mixed people since im pretty much a huge mix myself. We have done extensive research into my family ancestory and just when we think we are done we find something new. Of course on the black side of my family we can only go so far.

From what we know on both sides of my family my ancestory consist of.
Scottish
Irish
British
Mongolian (this blew my mind )
Cuban
Native American (Hopi and Sioux)
Portuguese
African American (Its impossible to tell what part of Africa we came from)
German

This is just what we know so far i love being so diverse might explain why i had blonde hair, blue eyes and tan skin when i was born lol. My sister is half black and half german and we have many other mixed children in my family.

I wish good luck and im sure you will be a great mom.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

02-26-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werkz View Post
I too am a mix of different nationalities, but as of a few days ago more than i thought. My mother is Korean and my father is Mexican so its a strange mix of the bat already. I was having a conversation with my mother a few days ago about my family's ancestry. Turns out that i am also part Japanese and possibly Chinese. It blew my mind to find this out. She said that this happened to our family when Korea was under Japanese rule. I guess that this may have happened a lot during this time but i am not sure about that history ( It has sparked my interest on that subject though).

I wonder how people of mixed nationalities are accepted in Japanese society.
Interesting... My Caucasian ancestry hails from many parts of Europe... but I personally don't claim my Irish/Welsh/English/Scottish/Norweigen/French Swiss ancestry because we're talking so long ago that it's irrelevant. Instead I identify my Caucasian side as Pakeha (White New Zealander, usually descended from British but sometimes Dutch or other European nations) I mean I might as well claim my African ancestry since I'm human. But yeah it is interesting to learn about your geneology.

As for people of mixed nationalities in Japan. I imagine that it's tolerated.

( I think you mean ethnicities, nations are something you are a part of based on what connection you have to it not part of what make up you as a whole, therefore you can have 2 or more nationalities but are 1/2 1/4 1/8 etc when it comes to ethnicity )