JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
UsagiSarah (Offline)
New to JF

02-28-2009, 05:04 AM

I am so glad to see people having interest and chatting so nicely in my topic! haha it is exciting.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-28-2009, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiSarah View Post
ooh wow! thats great to hear! awww i bet he looks so cute! what is his name??? do you live in Japan??
Cuteness is subjective, and not something I can really comment on.

His name is Motoki.

And yes, we live in Japan.

I hate to sound cold, but your post sounds like you want something cute - not a child. Have a baby because you want to have and raise a child, not because you think it would be so cute... Babies are babies and children are children - whether you think they`re cute or not. Be very careful, as I think you`ll find even more cold responses from other parents of mixed race children in Japan as it is REALLY irritating to have no one look at your child as a person - instead seeing them as a display of cuteness and that alone.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-28-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

His name is Motoki.

I hate to sound cold, but your post sounds like you want something cute - not a child. Have a baby because you want to have and raise a child, not because you think it would be so cute... Babies are babies and children are children - whether you think they`re cute or not. Be very careful, as I think you`ll find even more cold responses from other parents of mixed race children in Japan as it is REALLY irritating to have no one look at your child as a person - instead seeing them as a display of cuteness and that alone.
Mix or no mix, your son is adorable. He's huggable, imo, but for me, I tend to feel that way about most kids in general...or maybe it's the whole "I wouldn't mind a child, but given my age now, I don't think I would want to raise one." I always told myself if I didn't have children by the age of 30 or in a position to financially (emotionally, I know I'm ready for them), then I just won't have them at all. I'm going on 28 this year.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

02-28-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:

His name is Motoki.

Yeah I agree with you. ^^ I agree.

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-28-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Children are cute, just not until they're about 3 and a half or 4 or so. Before that, they're just disgusting. I hate them.

I got a Thai wife, I am Anglo-Saxon. She is a real bitch, but our marriage is strong. I agree with Nyorin again, that marriage is a forever thing, even if she is a bitch.

She was pregnant at one stage. But it miscarriaged at 4 months. I figured it was probably because she is more like a monkey, and less evolutionarily advanced, and it is just difficult for the baby to survive. Like trying to breed cats with lions; only works sometimes and the baby is a real freak every time.

Anyway, we'll try for another mongrel, certainly. I am also thinking of adoption, on top of breeding. As that way I can have a kid of my own for the sake of passing on my genes, and then another, which I can get at the age of 4 or so, just past the disgusting age, and make sure they ARE cute, and not an ugly one.
This post was extremely disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
She was pregnant at one stage. But it miscarriaged at 4 months. I figured it was probably because she is more like a monkey, and less evolutionarily advanced, and it is just difficult for the baby to survive. Like trying to breed cats with lions; only works sometimes and the baby is a real freak every time.
What the hell does that mean? Am I crazy or is that just racist?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:

His name is Motoki.

Everybody WANTS to have cute children, I've noticed when girls get pregnant they fantasize of their kids being cute and whatsoever. Tell me a parent who doesn't wish to have a cute child.

She doesn't want 'something' cute, but a cute child. Why did the 'cute' part bother you?

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-01-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Everybody WANTS to have cute children, I've noticed when girls get pregnant they fantasize of their kids being cute and whatsoever. Tell me a parent who doesn't wish to have a cute child.

She doesn't want 'something' cute, but a cute child. Why did the 'cute' part bother you?
Because she is basing the "cuteness" factor on race. Everyone wants cute children, but not everyone goes around talking about how very cute kids must be because they`re of a specific racial background.

Chances are, if you don`t live in Japan, you won`t get the sheer exasperation behind this. In Japan, "half" equals "cute". Which is fine to an extent, I guess, until it starts getting in the way of normal life. ie. People forgive ANYTHING your child does instead of properly responding and scolding because "Aww, they`re so cute! I wish I had a half child!" (Of course, all the while scolding the other kids.) Or... Instead of praising something your kids does, they just respond with "That`s so CUTE!!" and never actually look at anything else...
Or when you go out somewhere, having people stop in their tracks and point while giggling "Look! It`s so cute!!!" and taking pictures without asking you, etc.

Imagine that on a daily basis. My son is no cuter than other children. It`s a RACIAL thing - based only on the fact that he is half something other than Japanese, which is why it bothers me.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
03-01-2009, 04:04 AM

*Post Deleted*

Last edited by cridgit001 : 10-13-2011 at 06:12 PM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

03-01-2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
I find genetics pretty interesting(this doesn't mean I study it by any stretch of the imagination) and I'm curious, which traits are stronger such as facial features? I guess what I'm asking is that do your children have stronger asian complextion or of your own race?
I only have one child, but here is a pic you can judge by. It`s from the end of summer, but he doesn`t really look all that much different now.

There is no "rule" when it comes to which traits will be stronger other than the general rule that "darker" coloration is usually the dominant gene. Most mixed kids I have seen have black hair, brown eyes, and more Asian features. My son has the same color of hair as I do, but brown eyes while I have hazel. His coloring falls between mine and his father`s.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-01-2009, 05:21 AM

Although I don't feel 100% comfortable with the premise of the original post, thank you for sharing Motoki's pic, Nyororin. He is a handsome little dude.

I taught a high school boy who had a Caucasian mother (American) and Korean father. To me he looked like a black-haired American boy, but his mother told me that before he hit puberty he looked 100% Korean, and most people were surprised when they found out he had an American mother. She said he was unrecognizable from his youngest pictures, and from the age of 12-15 his face transformed remarkably as he grew. I don't know if this phenomenon is common or not.