LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
03-01-2009, 05:29 AM

*Post Deleted*

Last edited by cridgit001 : 10-13-2011 at 06:09 PM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-01-2009, 05:44 AM

Doesn't sound shady to me. It's a sensitive topic, but I think you responded perfectly appropriately. That is interesting that your friend's skin changed tone at puberty.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
03-01-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post

There is no "rule" when it comes to which traits will be stronger other than the general rule that "darker" coloration is usually the dominant gene. Most mixed kids I have seen have black hair, brown eyes, and more Asian features. My son has the same color of hair as I do, but brown eyes while I have hazel. His coloring falls between mine and his father`s.

If I can sound like an idiot for one moment;

Your son looks SO much like a male version of my friend it's scary. she makes that EXACT facial expression, only most likely with different emotions.
He's adorable, but I'm the crazy person who loves all kids so...>_>

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-02-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Of course, Nyororins *word for smallest member of family* looks very Asian. What is the bet you yourself have black hair or very dark brown, Nyororin?
Yes, I do have dark brown hair...

However, my son pretty much always ends up being the LEAST Asian looking out of any group of mixed kids we encounter - so I definitely wouldn`t say he is a good example of looking very Asian.
In most situations, no one guesses that he is mixed at all - always assuming that his father is also Caucasian.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-02-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I don't really care much about race anymore, anyway. I mean, I was never racist, but sometimes you wonder if you arn't destroying something grander than yourself when breeding with a different race, because both races would eventually die out if the trend continues. But I figured that is the way of evolution and of life; all things are doomed to die or change, anyway. So I am gunna make a whole bunch of mongrel kids in my life!
Just to put your mind at ease. Race is nothing but a social construct. It has no biological basis.

Breeding outside your own race would not result in any lack of "purity" as you imply.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
PhDP (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to PhDP
03-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Race is nothing but a social construct. It has no biological basis.

Breeding outside your own race would not result in any lack of "purity" as you imply.
Your first point is, in my opinion, true, but not all scientists would agree. In truth, words such as "race" and "ethnic group" are quite ambiguous in the first place. But it is certainly true that "blacks" and "white" are social construct and have little to do with race.

The second point is wrong, if you mate with someone of another ethnic group, your kid will be less pure. If you want purity, mate with your sister/brother/cousin. Of course, your child is much more likely to be disabled. In genetics "pure" and "weak" are synonyms. We even have a word; heterosis (or hybrid vigor) to explain why kids of genetically-distant individuals are stronger.

We especially need imagination in science. It is not all mathematics, nor all logic, but is somewhat beauty and poetry ~Maria Mitchell (1818-1889)
(#37 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-02-2009, 05:06 PM

As bad as this analogy is, when dogs are 'mixed breeds' they are genetically superior to pure-breeds because they are less susceptible to disease...

So who's to say what's pure? This thread is ridiculous.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
As bad as this analogy is, when dogs are 'mixed breeds' they are genetically superior to pure-breeds because they are less susceptible to disease...
It certainly didn`t make things worse in our case. Not too many children around who were born <1lb... Let alone actually be normal enough to walk, talk, and attend school.

Quote:
So who's to say what's pure? This thread is ridiculous.
Even though I can`t say the original idea for the thread was all that great, I don`t think the intent was to talk about racial purity or the lack of it.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
03-02-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post

I do understand what you were trying to say but you could have been a tad bit more tactful about it.

Instead of using dogs you could have said um lets see.......studies have shown that children of mixed heritage tend to be resident to more diseases and that their overall genetic make up can be considered superior (although i dont really like that phrase). But you original basis is actually correct there are numerous scientist that do agree pure=weak.

anyway this does not really have anything to do with the original post at hand so i guess we should get back on topic.

Nyororin you have a very handsome little boy. His complexion is similar to my sisters who is half black and half German but her complexion is almost identical to your sons. My complexion changed as i got older and so did my hair i had blond hair and a much lighter complexion when i was a child.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I do understand what you were trying to say but you could have been a tad bit more tactful about it.
Well thanks, but I was far more tactful than Tenchu- who calls mixed-race children "mongrols".

It was just a comparison... If you think I was referring to children as dogs you missed the whole point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It certainly didn`t make things worse in our case. Not too many children around who were born <1lb... Let alone actually be normal enough to walk, talk, and attend school.
I'm not sure I understand this- was your son born underweight?

Last edited by burkhartdesu : 03-02-2009 at 06:26 PM.