JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Parenting in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/parenting-japan/)
-   -   Mixed race children. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/parenting-japan/23448-mixed-race-children.html)

UsagiSarah 02-26-2009 09:10 PM

Mixed race children.

I was wondering if anybody on here are a mixed race couple with children or babies on the way, or are children of mixed races in Japan.

I am a Caucasian woman marrying a Japanese man. We are very excited to start our family soon after marrying. I would like to get to know others who have married other races maybe share some photos of children!

I always enjoy seeing mixed race families where i work it makes me excited about my future family!:vsign:

Tsuruneru 02-26-2009 10:22 PM

Hello well I'm not living in japan right now but I'm black and Japanese if that counts?

Ronin4hire 02-26-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuruneru (Post 679234)
Hello well I'm not living in japan right now but I'm black and Japanese if that counts?

Awesome! Your Blackanese!!! :D

(Hope that's not offensive)

Tsuruneru 02-26-2009 10:39 PM

No its not i say the joke at time too. when i was taking karate classes one of my friends said in the sight of battle two foes will fight blackanese vs germanese.:o

kenmei 02-26-2009 10:58 PM

PM/talk to Nyororin ;)

Tsuruneru 02-26-2009 11:03 PM

ah good times,good times.:)

Ronin4hire 02-26-2009 11:09 PM

Actually! I'm mixed race too!

(Caucasian, Polynesian)

But such people (Caucasian, Polynesian mixes) are common here in New Zealand so I don't really think about it.

werkz 02-26-2009 11:33 PM

I too am a mix of different nationalities, but as of a few days ago more than i thought. My mother is Korean and my father is Mexican so its a strange mix of the bat already. I was having a conversation with my mother a few days ago about my family's ancestry. Turns out that i am also part Japanese and possibly Chinese. It blew my mind to find this out. She said that this happened to our family when Korea was under Japanese rule. I guess that this may have happened a lot during this time but i am not sure about that history ( It has sparked my interest on that subject though).

I wonder how people of mixed nationalities are accepted in Japanese society.

Sinestra 02-26-2009 11:46 PM

I love learning about mixed people since im pretty much a huge mix myself. We have done extensive research into my family ancestory and just when we think we are done we find something new. Of course on the black side of my family we can only go so far.

From what we know on both sides of my family my ancestory consist of.
Scottish
Irish
British
Mongolian (this blew my mind:eek: )
Cuban
Native American (Hopi and Sioux)
Portuguese
African American (Its impossible to tell what part of Africa we came from)
German

This is just what we know so far i love being so diverse might explain why i had blonde hair, blue eyes and tan skin when i was born lol. My sister is half black and half german and we have many other mixed children in my family.

I wish good luck and im sure you will be a great mom. :)

Ronin4hire 02-26-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by werkz (Post 679255)
I too am a mix of different nationalities, but as of a few days ago more than i thought. My mother is Korean and my father is Mexican so its a strange mix of the bat already. I was having a conversation with my mother a few days ago about my family's ancestry. Turns out that i am also part Japanese and possibly Chinese. It blew my mind to find this out. She said that this happened to our family when Korea was under Japanese rule. I guess that this may have happened a lot during this time but i am not sure about that history ( It has sparked my interest on that subject though).

I wonder how people of mixed nationalities are accepted in Japanese society.

Interesting... My Caucasian ancestry hails from many parts of Europe... but I personally don't claim my Irish/Welsh/English/Scottish/Norweigen/French Swiss ancestry because we're talking so long ago that it's irrelevant. Instead I identify my Caucasian side as Pakeha (White New Zealander, usually descended from British but sometimes Dutch or other European nations) I mean I might as well claim my African ancestry since I'm human. But yeah it is interesting to learn about your geneology.

As for people of mixed nationalities in Japan. I imagine that it's tolerated.

( I think you mean ethnicities, nations are something you are a part of based on what connection you have to it not part of what make up you as a whole, therefore you can have 2 or more nationalities but are 1/2 1/4 1/8 etc when it comes to ethnicity ) :D