JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Parenting in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/parenting-japan/)
-   -   Osaka Maternity Clinics / Hospitals (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/parenting-japan/33251-osaka-maternity-clinics-hospitals.html)

franjapani 08-09-2010 07:26 AM

Osaka Maternity Clinics / Hospitals

Post deleted

willgoestocollege 08-09-2010 07:51 AM

You're married to a Japanese man, live in Japan and you don't know much Japanese?

franjapani 08-09-2010 08:28 AM

Post deleted

willgoestocollege 08-09-2010 08:42 AM

Of course your baby is important. Don't you have any friends who will be able to help you with the language barrier other than your husband? You could hire a translator but that could cost money so you will probably have to start visiting hospitals and ask if they have any English. If you are planning to raise your children in Japan, I strongly encourage you to learn the language.

Ronin4hire 08-09-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willgoestocollege (Post 823141)
Of course your baby is important. Don't you have any friends who will be able to help you with the language barrier other than your husband? You could hire a translator but that could cost money so you will probably have to start visiting hospitals and ask if they have any English. If you are planning to raise your children in Japan, I strongly encourage you to learn the language.

Cmon dude.. lay off

Shes just after some help.

Not every gaijin in Japan are there for the same reasons

Unfortunately I cant offer any to her.

But perhaps your embassy can help. Checking the net might work too...

willgoestocollege 08-09-2010 10:01 AM

I'm sorry, my advice is not very helpful and unreliable. But living in a country not knowing the language is going to be very difficult.

dogsbody70 08-09-2010 10:14 AM

Perhaps the British Embassy may be able to help. I am sure the medical facilities should be good as I have been told.

It is so easy to say to someone you should know the language--oh sweet innocence of youth.

I am sure a resident in Japan on this forum should be able to point you in the right direction.

I wish you well. I had three children. just take good care of yourself and don't overdo things.

Eat sensibly and try not to smoke or drink alcohol for baby's sake.

willgoestocollege 08-09-2010 10:25 AM

Any International hospitals in the city?

samokan 08-10-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willgoestocollege (Post 823152)
I'm sorry, my advice is not very helpful and unreliable. But living in a country not knowing the language is going to be very difficult.

Yes that is true. I have a fairly decent japanese and i can understand most of the japanese terms in my field but when it comes to going to hospital and going to the doctor i still prefer some who can explain to me in English. Medical terms even in English are difficult how much more in Foreign Language.

To the OP, what you can do is go the City Hall and ask for a list of Hospital there. I know that they can be of great help there, and maybe ask them which hospital have an english service.

Also, although Ive live in Osaka for awhile, Ive never been pregrant but I know that there are some hospital in Kobe where doctors can speak english.

Nyororin 08-10-2010 07:48 AM

I am not familiar with Osaka or the hospitals there, but a good resource to check (if you haven`t already) is the MIJ mailing list.

There are frequent questions about English speaking doctors and the like. I`m not really an active participant (as I speak Japanese and am not dealing with cultural issues - the list sort of focuses on venting) but they`re a good group of people who are generally helpful to others in the same situation.

Unfortunately, despite being married to a Japanese man I`m not really "one of them" and have experienced quite a bit of nastiness. *sigh*

franjapani 08-10-2010 08:29 AM

Post deleted

blimp 08-18-2010 06:16 AM

English Speaking Doctors

Quote:

The AMDA International Medical Information Center provides information on medical facilities throughout the Kansai region (including Osaka and Kyoto). English is spoken from 9am to 5pm on (06) 6636 2333
Good luck!

tenmins 04-11-2011 05:20 AM

If you're still out there franjipani I'd love to hear about how your experience of having a child in Japan went, or any other foreigners who have gone thru that experience?

My wife is Japanese and she found having both our children in Australia very challenging, mostly around a lot of cultural issues.

bELyVIS 04-12-2011 01:08 AM

Kobe Kaisai Hospital has English speaking doctors. Too bad you aren't there.