JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
beko (Offline)
New to JF

Question stuck between 2 countries - 07-27-2011, 01:12 PM

i`ve returned back to australia with my 3 children (husband is still there in nagoya) but miss japan heaps.i found bringing up kids there too much for me but i feel like i`m here in oz in body only and my mind is still in japan!!the kids are missing out obviously on the culture and language which is a huge shame.has anyone else been in this situation?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-27-2011, 03:55 PM

I'm not in that situation now but I feel that I will be in the next year and a half. I originally moved to Japan to further my career options by finishing a degree and studying the language in hopes to experience a new culture. I had no preconceptions about the country but in the last year I've been in Japan I've had an amazing time. There have been ups and downs but for the most part I feel like I would at least like to give a couple of years of my young professional life to Japan.
However, I'm going to be split between this option or going back to New York City where I already have friends in high places and I'm familiar with the working climate. Basically, I could have a better job starting off in still quite a neat city, or risk possibly taking a job in Japan that I don't like as much but it allows me to remain living in Tokyo.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography