LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-31-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Go back through and read the whole thread, if you can manage to wade through the drivel.

We ARE trying to adopt in Japan. I stated that way way back in the thread, when I first posted. Japan does NOT, however, do international adoptions - which is what this whole thread is based on. People outside Japan wanting a cute little Japanese baby, which is simply not an option.
Yeah, Korea has been doing that recently- stopping the number of international adoptions. Some countries just have that policy, and you just can't fight it. A baby still a baby, whether its japanese or not, so what if its not cute.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#102 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

01-01-2008, 03:16 PM

I'd love to adopt a baby when I get older. For some reason it's more appealing than having a baby with a lady...o.o

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#103 (permalink))
Old
tofutofu (Offline)
New to JF

01-05-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Japan does NOT, however, do international adoptions.
You are incorrect, they do have international adoptions.

Personally, I think the individual who started this thread is a bit daft. No one should adopt a child because they want a doll to play with or because they think it would be great to have a KAWAII Japanese child. But my information is not for that individual or individuals like them. There are people out their who wish to give loving homes to children, and they should not be told Japan is not an option because it is.

Yes it is difficult, yes it is rare, yes it is expensive, but it is legal and it does happen. Orphans are not as rare as the Japanese government would have you believe. Some say you need to have one parent be Japanese, others say you need to live in Japan for a period-- none of this is true as there are couples who are not Japanese and do not live in Japan who have adopted from Japan. It takes hard work and (as anything else in Japan) the right contacts.

In 2005 there were 40 children placed in homes in the US through international adoption.

Here are some links of individuals who adopted through international adoptions with orphans from Japan:

NetSato - Homestay, Japan, Hawaii, Parenting & Computers
anyone ever adopt from Japan? - Adoption.com Forums

Here is an adoption agency working to help adopt Japanese children internationally:
Across the World Adoptions

And here are some adoption stats:
Immigrant Visas Issued to Orphans Coming to U.S.

Good luck in your adoption process.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Sinner (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to Sinner
01-22-2008, 07:23 PM

You would be a lovely mother!
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

02-13-2008, 04:16 PM

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutofu View Post
You are incorrect, they do have international adoptions.

Personally, I think the individual who started this thread is a bit daft. No one should adopt a child because they want a doll to play with or because they think it would be great to have a KAWAII Japanese child. But my information is not for that individual or individuals like them. There are people out their who wish to give loving homes to children, and they should not be told Japan is not an option because it is.

Yes it is difficult, yes it is rare, yes it is expensive, but it is legal and it does happen. Orphans are not as rare as the Japanese government would have you believe. Some say you need to have one parent be Japanese, others say you need to live in Japan for a period-- none of this is true as there are couples who are not Japanese and do not live in Japan who have adopted from Japan. It takes hard work and (as anything else in Japan) the right contacts.

In 2005 there were 40 children placed in homes in the US through international adoption.

Here are some links of individuals who adopted through international adoptions with orphans from Japan:

NetSato - Homestay, Japan, Hawaii, Parenting & Computers
anyone ever adopt from Japan? - Adoption.com Forums

Here is an adoption agency working to help adopt Japanese children internationally:
Across the World Adoptions

And here are some adoption stats:
Immigrant Visas Issued to Orphans Coming to U.S.

Good luck in your adoption process.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

02-13-2008, 04:39 PM

i saw this thread and i thought "oh no...not again." im not about to read through 100 replies but as some people have pointed out before, its very hard to adopt from japan. people dont seem to get that through their heads. where do you see most asian children adopted from? china...korea...SE asian countries...but japan? not too much...actually never. the OP being white doesnt help the situation. no matter how 'persuasive' you are like the OP said in her first posts, being persuasive doesnt guarantee you a right to adopt a japanese baby. im just gonna say one more thing...some of you people need to wait...and mature...grow up. im 20 years old and the last thing im thinking of is adopting kids or marriage n all that bullshit. i mean, if its your dream to adopt a japanese baby...wtf man...live your life and go out and party.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#107 (permalink))
Old
imeka (Offline)
JF Regular

03-06-2008, 07:33 AM

I've never thought adopting from Japan was possible, I have a needle phobia, I won't be able to have kids because of all the shots that I've heard that mothers need. I saw a show about the chinese orphans and I cried. I'm going to adopt from China if I ever decide to raise a child. Babies are fine, I can handle them. I'm actually babysitting twin boys that just got over their colic. They scream and cry and they're getting spoiled and always want to be carried. But it's totally easy, I've already gotten used to it. I plan on taking the Jet program years from now, my japanese is getting better, and I've been to Japan once, I could converse with the locals, even if it was simple and short.

猿も木から落ちる -Even monkeys fall from trees.
猿が大好きです -I love monkeys.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-07-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imeka View Post
I've never thought adopting from Japan was possible, I have a needle phobia, I won't be able to have kids because of all the shots that I've heard that mothers need.
The shot isn't necessary, but if you want to ease the pain of the birthing, you get the Epidural done. You can choose to go all natural and not have any type of painkiller.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
ItalianLeather (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to ItalianLeather
03-07-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
And to insert some reality into this thread....
Japan doesn`t have an adoption policy. Meaning there aren`t a whole lot of Japanese girls up for adoption *in* Japan, to Japanese parents... Let alone to those in other countries.

I would suggest China or Korea. I highly doubt you`ll ever be able to adopt from Japan.
hmm ive heard about that

i wonder why that is...

Sono Abruzzese
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JF FAMILIA:
Reap616's cow
MarkDuff - Fatha
Acidereptile - Big Brother
LittLeAnqeLAyumi - Sister
Juno - Twin
lulu - lil sis
MacadamiaNutCookie - Vault Twin
xXvampzrockXx - Daughter
Reap616 - Son/Boyfriend<3
Dynamite5 - my twinnie
[/center]
(#110 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
03-11-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianLeather View Post
hmm ive heard about that

i wonder why that is...
As mentioned earlier, you can adopt from Japan, but it is very time consuming, and very very costly.

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008