JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
TwistedLittleCookie (Offline)
New to JF

09-12-2007, 10:02 PM

I want to adopt as well. But I also want to give birth to children. :]

I am planning on adopting from China, because they have many girls up for adoption. I want to adopt 1 or 2 children, I actually want 6 - 9 children though. I am a huge child lover. ^__^

But I also have many many years to think about this. :]

BTW - sorry if this is a bump :]
(#82 (permalink))
Old
l3lueMage (Offline)
New to JF

09-16-2007, 11:39 PM

6-9 children holy crap Lol.

if I adopted I would probably adopt from korea/japan :] I want to learn korean or japanese, so which ever I learn will be one I adopt if I do adopt. Only because I wouldn't want the child going without knowing his own language xDD
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
09-17-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3lueMage
if I adopted I would probably adopt from korea/japan :]
Jeez, how can you be so selfish?! IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADOPT YOU SHOULDN'T CARE WHAT PLACE THE CHILD IS FROM!

They're not some kind of toy you can buy cause it looks cute. And the fact that you care so much about their nacionality shows just how much you're going to care about their life... pft, so lame.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#84 (permalink))
Old
jubeisho (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to jubeisho
09-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxintatei View Post
The first thread on this subject, YEY!
Anyways, I plan on living in Japan...
But I don't ever actually plan on having a kid....
But I do want to adopt...
So when I'm like 25 or something I want to adopt a little Japanese girl..
We'll probably get a lot of weird looks cause I don't have any Asian in me whatsoever, I'm a white girl
But I don't care, I'll still love her ^^
*discuss*
when you get there find an orphanage for abandoned children be sure it is legal in japan just make it sure

(#85 (permalink))
Old
t3hcur3 (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Jeez, how can you be so selfish?! IF YOU ARE GOING TO ADOPT YOU SHOULDN'T CARE WHAT PLACE THE CHILD IS FROM!

They're not some kind of toy you can buy cause it looks cute. And the fact that you care so much about their nacionality shows just how much you're going to care about their life... pft, so lame.
I don't think that's what they meant, really...I mean, it's pretty selfless to adopt in the first place. And anyone who wants to adopt would probably not send a needy child packing if they ended up on the doorstep just because they weren't the right race.

I've always said that if I adopt, the child will be of a different race than me so that there will never be a big horrible drama when the kid finds out s/he is adopted...it'll always have been obvious that I didn't have him/her, and that I love him/her anyways. On top of that, if I were to adopt a child, the child may not be a baby, and since I only speak english and a little japanese, I'd want to make sure to adopt a child who spoke either english or japanese, to make the whole process easier for him/her. So I'd like to adopt a japanese child, for the reasons listed above, not because I was being selfish.

~*~sUkI~*~
(#86 (permalink))
Old
boinky78 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-10-2007, 06:29 AM

ugh the creater of this topic is so shallow "it" makes me wanna barf
I guess she lives in this dream japanophile anime world where lil asian school girls are doing the "victory" sign and

she can play with them like toys not realizing soon as they turn 13 they

won't be so cute anymore

KIDS ARE NOT TOYS IF YOU WANNA GOD DAMN TOY DON'T BOTHER ADOPTING BUY A DAMN DOLL!
god Id hate to see some of the idiots in this thread witha dog let alone a child -_-

Last edited by boinky78 : 12-10-2007 at 06:38 AM.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-22-2007, 05:03 AM

I like children, even babies. To be honest, I have more patience with babies than I do older children, especially teenagers. Maybe I'm okay with babies because I never had to be around one that cried constantly or something. All the babies I've taken care of only cried for the normal things: hungry, sleepy (and fighting it), teething, or sick (like when they have a stuff nose, and don't know how to breathe out of their mouths yet). I never had to take care of siblings (don't have 'em), but I always had to babysit my younger cousins.

Anyway, ever since I was about 12 or 13 years old, I made the decision, if I ever get to the point of ever wanting children, I will definitely adopt, since there are too many children around who are in terrible need of a home and a loving family or a loving parent. I have no desire to really get married, and I'm not too keen on physically having children. All I know is that the procedure is very difficult where adoption is involved. A lot of red tape, so I heard, regardless of the country.

I wouldn't care what race/nationality the child is, though, although, a child (or two) outside of my race would be interesting. I'm black, or how they say it here in the states, "African American". Just as long as I'm offering a home to one, it still shouldn't matter. Too bad I'm not financially able to do so at this point of my life, but I will someday. I would also prefer a baby to an older child too, for adoption, since it'll probably be easier to bond with the baby as opposed to an older child, but I know I'd feel bad if I saw an older child who needed to be adopted too. I feel so sorry for kids who are stuck in orphanages.

Going back on topic, slightly, seems that it'd be difficult to adopt a child from Japan. For a story I was writing, I was actually interested in how it worked there since one of the characters was adopted, but at the time (a few years ago) I had a difficult time finding any useful information.

Out of curiosity, if one does reside in Japan, and adopts a child of Japanese origin, even though the parent isn't of Japanese origin, is it easy for the child to get into basic schools, or will the child have to go to a school that caters to foreigners, like ASIJ?
(#88 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
12-22-2007, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinky78 View Post
ugh the creater of this topic is so shallow "it" makes me wanna barf
I guess she lives in this dream japanophile anime world where lil asian school girls are doing the "victory" sign and

she can play with them like toys not realizing soon as they turn 13 they

won't be so cute anymore

KIDS ARE NOT TOYS IF YOU WANNA GOD DAMN TOY DON'T BOTHER ADOPTING BUY A DAMN DOLL!
god Id hate to see some of the idiots in this thread witha dog let alone a child -_-
same here, sickens me as well. I believe she does..its a bit disturbing.

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
12-22-2007, 06:03 AM

The thing that everyone seems to forget, even when it`s pointed out, is that Japan does not do adoptions. And they certainly don`t do international adoptions. Japan does not have a big problem with abandoned children, and there are not tons of orphans running about.

Which means that everyone who is saying they want to adopt a Japanese child is NOT thinking of helping children, and being selfless. They are limiting themselves to a country that doesn`t need much help.

If you want to adopt, adopt from somewhere with children who really need help. Not from somewhere you think is cool.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
DivineBled (Offline)
Bloody St Elegance

Send a message via Yahoo to DivineBled
12-22-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The thing that everyone seems to forget, even when it`s pointed out, is that Japan does not do adoptions. And they certainly don`t do international adoptions. Japan does not have a big problem with abandoned children, and there are not tons of orphans running about.

Which means that everyone who is saying they want to adopt a Japanese child is NOT thinking of helping children, and being selfless. They are limiting themselves to a country that doesn`t need much help.

If you want to adopt, adopt from somewhere with children who really need help. Not from somewhere you think is cool.
arigato, I think that was a point I was getting ready to make, but you took the words from me.

To listen to D'Narco Revolution:

http://www.myspace.com/dnarcorevolution

To join D'Narco Revolution's fan-club:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenlyhellrenegade

Countdown until D'Narco Revolution 2CD Release:2 months

Countdown to tour: 5 months starting in NY.

Currently: Hanging out with the guys. Working on 2 Additional CD's and 4 Pv's. Packing for Tokyo, leaving for Tokyo Nov. 11,2008