JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
Children`s fashion - 05-06-2007, 01:37 AM

I just thought I would start a topic to discuss children`s fashion (children`s brands, clothing making trends, etc) in Japan.

I personally am a fan of Si Shu Non for small children (babies), and Mon Chou Bebe and Biquette for older children.

In Japan there is a fairly strong culture of making a lot of children`s wear by hand, so if anyone is interested in that too, I`d be glad to share any information!

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
yamashita (Offline)
JF Regular

05-06-2007, 10:55 PM

hey ,

do you have some links where we can see the fashion you re taking from?
would be interesting...

schnickschnackschnuck
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Here you go!

Si Shu Non:
Example one.
Example two.
Etc etc. There are literally hundreds of designs.

Mon Chou Bebe:
Example one.
Example two.
Same with this, there is a lot more - these are just examples.

Biquette:
Example one.
Example two.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-07-2007, 04:08 PM

Nyororin, have you noticed that there are some provocative, what I think most people would call "inappropriate", fashion shops in Tokyo for Japanese pre-teen girls?

I was out on Daiba earlier this year and I was surprised to see a few shops at Venus Fort (or somewhere near there) selling Shibuya style fashion for preteens. When I say "Shibuya style", I mean short skirts, fishnet stockings, high boots, tight tanks, etc. All of the stuff you find for adult girls in Shibuya, but they sell it for little kids.

It was a little sad.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
05-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Totally normal, San-chan. ^^''
Just like in Europe.
Sad... but normal...

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#6 (permalink))
Old
yamashita (Offline)
JF Regular

05-07-2007, 04:45 PM

nice clothes! I really like chou bebe and biquette!!!
its so plain but also has great details...
the colorless style, called "nudestyle" is very hip in berlin too.

schnickschnackschnuck
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-07-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchome View Post
Nyororin, have you noticed that there are some provocative, what I think most people would call "inappropriate", fashion shops in Tokyo for Japanese pre-teen girls?

I was out on Daiba earlier this year and I was surprised to see a few shops at Venus Fort (or somewhere near there) selling Shibuya style fashion for preteens. When I say "Shibuya style", I mean short skirts, fishnet stockings, high boots, tight tanks, etc. All of the stuff you find for adult girls in Shibuya, but they sell it for little kids.

It was a little sad.
Actually, not really. I really never see young children out and about dressed in things like that.

Just because it`s on sale doesn`t mean parents are buying it for their children. I`m sure there are girls out there who are old enough to be buying that sort of clothing alone, but who are physically small enough to wear it.
I do occasionally see mothers with children wearing matching clothing - All types of mothers do it, and it`s really popular. I imagine that there are young mothers who wear that sort of thing who end up wanting to match their daughters up with their outfits.

But I definitely wouldn`t say it`s common. I`ve seen much worse, on an almost daily level in the US. With the Japanese stuff, almost all of it can be laughed at as "cute", largely because the girls are just being silly with it. But in the US, the girls I saw wearing stuff that was provocative were *serious* about it. They were AIMING to be provocative - that is what I consider sad.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
05-07-2007, 05:43 PM

I agree the States has it bad. We arn't even talking provocative. It starts looking like we have mini hookers hanging at the mall. It's one thing to be expressive it is a completely different thing when a 10 year old girl is dressed for sex. When they have their own money and brain to use (and are legal) let them decide but before that it is scary to think what could happen given the wrong circumstances.... Mass media in society and the country making money even while incurring mass amounts of debt. We suck....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

05-08-2007, 04:57 AM

Hmm...
While I agree that young children shouldn`t be wearing that type of thing about...

I have to say I don`t agree that it is particularly dangerous. Why? Because pedophiles (who people usually fear with things like this) like *children*. Why would they want a small adult? The more innocent and childish they appear, the more appeal they have to a pedophile.
By dressing and acting like an adult, they are actually safer *from pedophiles*.
From normal guys who think they are older than they are? No.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-09-2007, 05:46 AM

First, don't be a self-hating American. It is really annoying. Now...

As far as I know, the only clothes my students own are their school uniforms and I see them in those 24/7. I am talking about the track suits. Only high school kids wear the dress uniforms all the time.

What is really funny, is when you see a kid come into elementary school with a shirt that has a big marijuana leaf on the back while carry a pencil bag covered in Playboy bunnies. Yeah Chigusa-sensei, that's a nice "maple leaf" and what cute little bunnies.