JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Akoni (Offline)
Bringin' Sexeh Back~!

Send a message via MSN to Akoni
01-24-2008, 06:47 PM

That we never agree on anything? lol On a serious note, who honest cares about a few words? It only counts as anything if there is feeling attached. Otherwise its just something you say out of habit. Holding your special someone close under the stars means alot more than saying "I love you" - At least to me anyway.

x Mot Lan Xa Cach x `496
(#22 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoni View Post
That we never agree on anything? lol On a serious note, who honest cares about a few words? It only counts as anything if there is feeling attached. Otherwise its just something you say out of habit. Holding your special someone close under the stars means alot more than saying "I love you" - At least to me anyway.
lol, who cares about a few words? lol. Do you really need me to remind you about the thread that you started regarding a certain gender on this website that didn't say "a few words". lol.

Look, i agree actions are important. but its exactly the same as words. If you do a certain action a lot, it will not mean anything, just like saying the words I love you a lot will lose its meaning!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Akoni (Offline)
Bringin' Sexeh Back~!

01-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Haha you are probably the only member I'd put in the dislike thread. (I don't dislike you, you just challenge my mind alot lol ) But you have a point. Even actions get old if they are repeated alot, just how "I love you" becomes something you say out of habit. As for the thread, I was having a bad day, ok? >.>"

x Mot Lan Xa Cach x `496

Last edited by Akoni : 01-24-2008 at 07:03 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-24-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoni View Post
Haha you are probably the only member I'd put in the dislike thread. (I don't dislike you, you just challenge my mind alot lol ) But you have a point. Even actions get old if they are repeated alot, just how "I love you" becomes something you say out of habit.
lol, i feel privileged. What an honour. I THANK YOU...

BUT, saying something out of habit can be good. My ex fealt hurt if i forgot to tell her i loved her before saying goodbye onthe phone or something. She and many girls i know feel that if a bf doesn't say i love you as much anymore it means he's losing interest!... you might think its stupid, but i can see hwere they are coming from...... SOOOOOOO.. back to the question. WHY DONT ASIANS SAY IT AS MUCH!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
In what way is that "strong" love? and was she of chinese heritage OR did she actually grow up in China most of her life?
My question about why asian's didn't say this wasn't to do with DNA, but more about culture, so if she's chinese in lived in Europe, she is more likely to be like a european girl than a chinese girl!!
she moved from Hong Kong to Manchester 1 year ago

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#26 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-24-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD View Post
she moved from Hong Kong to Manchester 1 year ago
That probably explains it... Most HK people i know are more westernized than my friends in here in paris! You'd know what i mean if you ever went to HK.!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Akoni (Offline)
Bringin' Sexeh Back~!

01-24-2008, 07:16 PM

You're right. Even if it isnt as special, an "I love you" can bring comfort. Of course that depends on the girl (or guy). I'm half Asian and I make sure to let whichever girl I'm with that I love her, but I was born in the US. Haha I take it you mean the Asians born in the East.

x Mot Lan Xa Cach x `496
(#28 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
01-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle;
Why do you think oriental countries don't speak of their love as much as western countries?
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
That probably explains it... Most HK people i know are more westernized than my friends in here in paris! You'd know what i mean if you ever went to HK.!
why r u so insist about asian ppl dont sayin about their love.. lol there is no rule.. each person is too much individual about that staff and u cant put them all into one bag only because few of your friends told u so.. it all depends mostly on how u were raised and all totallly and massivelly diffrent things that happened in your life ;] there is no rule ;]

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#29 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-24-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD View Post
why r u so insist about asian ppl dont sayin about their love.. lol there is no rule.. each person is too much individual about that staff and u cant put them all into one bag only because few of your friends told u so.. it all depends mostly on how u were raised and all totallly and massivelly diffrent things that happened in your life ;] there is no rule ;]
lol, when did i say there was a rule? and this is not only because some of my friends have told me this. This is easily noticable in their litarature, traditions, customs, tv, anime, manga, music etc.
Yes, it highly depends on how you are raised and yes it is generally on an individual basis, but the point of this thread is to find out clearly in what way is an asian upbringing different to the extent that it makes the "majority" of people uncomfortable with the words I LOVE YOU.

If it bothers you that I'm trying to find that out, then I apologise and i will ask you to move on because you'll just get aggravated with this thread. lol
(#30 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Personally, if you're in a relationship, you should only say "I love you." if you actually mean it. I mean, most guys(not all) say that just to get a little something from the girl >>.