JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-07-2008, 08:46 PM

I just remember that i said "I LOVE YOU" one day...looool but but I do not think I really thought .... I think it was a simple attraction ..

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#132 (permalink))
Old
Saffron (Offline)
I'm leaving

Send a message via AIM to Saffron
12-20-2008, 01:36 PM

I think because they like to show there love and affection instead of saying it. A lot of the time in western countries especially England people say I love you, to much and it is not sincere. I was told that Japanese men especially feel it is better left unsaid. Personally I feel it should never be said unless the person really feels that way. I agree with the Japanese, it better to show it than say it. Actions speak louder than words.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-21-2008, 02:29 AM

Well, I know it isn't a Chinese custom to say "I love you." Even I'm not exactly sure why, but it might have something to do with Feng Shui [pronounced: "Fong Shwei"] (Chinese philosophy). I've never heard my family back in Taiwan say "I love you" to anybody. It just doesn't sound right to say it all the time in Chinese. It's like you're confessing your love over and over...and to relatives too, hahaha. In English it's O.K. though...it sounds smoother anyway, hahaha.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#134 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-21-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Well, I know it isn't a Chinese custom to say "I love you." Even I'm not exactly sure why, but it might have something to do with Feng Shui [pronounced: "Fong Shwei"] (Chinese philosophy). I've never heard my family back in Taiwan say "I love you" to anybody. It just doesn't sound right to say it all the time in Chinese. It's like you're confessing your love over and over...and to relatives too, hahaha. In English it's O.K. though...it sounds smoother anyway, hahaha.
yup
Chinese parents never show their affections towards each other openly. XD
[although i think my parents are weird- they do] but i heard alot from my other asian friends. XD

I think, in english, there are different tones in saying 'i love you'
Like i tell my friends 'i love you' but in the unconditional sense.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#135 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-21-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
I think, in english, there are different tones in saying 'i love you'
Like i tell my friends 'i love you' but in the unconditional sense.
Like, "luv yuh"? Haha, sounds about right. Yeah, I say "love you" to my mom after getting off the phone sometimes, but it seems kind of awkward to me in a way too.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Mhitandyr (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Mhitandyr
i think - 12-21-2008, 02:42 AM

from my experience with some visual novels and animes that are what show us how eastern peoples are they rather show their bonds with acts and not with words or at least not so openly wich i think is better than be saying i love you all the time and being fake if you can go into some animes or visual novels you will see that often the protas rather to protect instead of just talk of their feelings that in case of being a guy and as for girls you could see them cooking, and going into the male houses and doing things that they know would please the males and they put their effort into it because they want prove their love to the other person

oh well...i guess it is fine... little girl... this sort of things...proves me that you aren't the woman i though you were...and i loved