JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Which do you think is the cause of cheating?
Finnances 6 10.71%
Relationship 21 37.50%
Tired of partner 44 78.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

12-20-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Cheating is a cowards way out. If you have made a conscious decision to be unfaithful to your partner, you are NOT a victim. If you are so unhappy in your relationship, then end it. In the long run, it is kinder than just going off with someone else on a whim. Of course, everybody makes mistakes - honesty is the best policy in these cases. But with long running affairs, lies, and going behind peoples backs... it's just unkind and not needed.

I think the reasons people cheat once is mostly a mistake. Too much to drink, spur of the moment, 'human nature.' Maybe you could forgive a person for that, maybe you couldn't. But if it goes on longer and you are fully aware of what your doing, I think that's just nasty.
Chillax Cruela Deville.
You need a hug.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
SimpleasThyme (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2008, 06:03 AM

I'm still young, but I've had someone cheat on me I've cared about.

One of my happiest times was with her, I'd went down a pretty rough path from starting high-school to meeting her. I was caught up in everything about her and didn't know what she could actually see in me. At first I was really resilient to getting too close to her, but she lured me in and opened me up again. Things were fine, we were happy, and every day I looked forward to seeing her and hearing her voice again, but she didn't care that much about me. I was just interesting and peculiar and someone she didn't understand. Once she did I only became boring and seeing me was somehow becoming a chore. That's when she began to smoke again and I knew something was wrong, even her friends began to become distant.

Her ex came back. Perhaps it was love or maybe he was something new and exciting, but after a year with me she fell into his arms and even had a pregnancy scare with him. I guess I broke a little and became so desperate to be with someone I just blindly forgave her and wished for things to go back to normal. They did, but it was all smoke and mirrors I guess. She just fell back into that rut right again and became distant again. I knew what was happening and tried to ignore it, when she finally confessed I just forgave her again and once more we danced with her betrayal. Finally I realized that it would soon drain anything out of me and I put an end to it.

People fall into ruts and want to feel something new, no matter who they are. That is usually why people cheat in long relationships at least, and other times it's because there really were no feelings of emotion between the two people to begin with and both are waiting for someone better to come along.

That said...Sometimes people can become so lonely and desperate they'll tolerate cheating no matter how much it hurts because they are afraid of being alone again. There is no real way of explaining it other than that. Perhaps it is slightly off topic, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that sometimes people won't stop someone from cheating on them even as it tears them up inside.

Always Remember:

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics doesn't take an interest in you!"
Pericles -430 B.C.

Goals: I will teach English in Japan! I will get a 4.0!
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Saffron (Offline)
I'm leaving

Send a message via AIM to Saffron
12-21-2008, 07:28 AM

I totally agree with ningyou. Cheaters are just being greedy and it is just messed up, if a man or woman cheats on someone, they are messing up there life because they wont trust anyone. I know I was cheated on and I hate that guy who did it to me because he did not feel no guilt at all. He never even said sorry. He ruined my life because now I am scared to have a relationship and even if I did I would be worrrying if he was cheating on me.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

12-21-2008, 07:32 AM

I think that either one cheatin on one or another is low and stupid.But i guess people tryin to be cool or pimp or player needs a good ol whoopin.

I do not like anyone who is like that.But since i am being honest you will not see me doing that if i have a women i could careless about other one's.

but i seen that a lot with people doing that back in New Mexico.but i guess they have they're own opinions or views .

That makes me look down at people
(#105 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2008, 01:38 PM

as for myself,i don't cheat.even if i can't stand the lover i'm with.but let me ask you something...why is it when a guy cheats he's a cad and jerk?but when a girl cheats oooooh ! it's a love story...she's looking to be happy...or if she's an older babe..the classic ,she's getting it while she can...just asking
(#106 (permalink))
Old
Saffron (Offline)
I'm leaving

Send a message via AIM to Saffron
12-21-2008, 01:51 PM

peterv: In the experience I had that was not true. When my ex cheated on me everyone was like well done mate! People acted like I deserved it and I was the one who was faithful. From what I have seen In England if a man cheats he is congratulated for it but if a woman does it she is hated. By the way I have never cheated so I do not understand why women do it ether.

Last edited by Saffron : 12-21-2008 at 01:59 PM.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
peterv: In the experience I had that was not true. When my ex cheated on me everyone was like well done mate! People acted like I deserved it and I was the one who was faithful. From what I have seen In England if a man cheats he is congratulated for it but if a woman does it she is hated. By the way I have never cheated so I do not understand why women do it ether.
its not only in England..its like that everywhere i think and for the Congrat things I can't explain that i mean when you are with your mate you wanna play THE MAN and act like "You can do it" so..its stupid....

BTW I don't really agree with that kind of thread cuz we always have to choose a side (men or women) I can't say what happens in all the countries but in France EVERYBODY CHEAT lool its not a joke..and im not proud of that but...its like that

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#108 (permalink))
Old
stache (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Men and women cheat because they have no ethics. Men will cheat if given a chance, however there are some of us like myself who has never cheated because I made a commitment to my spouse. If I were to cheat it would disgrace my wife and she would lose face. Not only would my wife suffer I would to because I would be an ass who could not be trusted.

People, who are not committed, not honest, have no integrity will cheat…People who cheat on each other will also cheat in everything else they do. If you cheat I don’t want anything to do with you.

Having ethics is everything in life, if you lose that you are nothing.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-21-2008, 06:08 PM

I dont? sexist thread is sexist.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#110 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2008, 06:16 PM

Ruuuude...

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U