JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Loving your friend? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/13066-loving-your-friend.html)

Thunda 03-05-2008 04:05 PM

Loving your friend?

Do you think love exists in a friendship? You can love your friend, who is not the same sex as you. Like, I love my female friend. But I don't wanna do the naughty. She's pretty though. I enjoy her presence. Does it turn into love after a time?

pumpum 03-05-2008 04:09 PM

i believe there is no such thing as love - only sex ! wjich we then percieve to be love !

Acidreptile 03-05-2008 04:19 PM

Yup.It is very possible.:vsign:

forgotenmemory 03-05-2008 04:25 PM

It think it's possible too.

Suki 03-05-2008 04:28 PM

Well, if you fall for someone you might as well want to get naughty with them. Sex is part of love and it does play and important role in relationships, so I believe that if you're in love with someone (the kind of love that makes you want to establish a formal relationship with that particular someone) then you can't help but have sexual desires towards them.

pumpum 03-05-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 419240)
Well, if you fall for someone you might as well want to get naughty with them. Sex is part of love and it does play and important role in relationships, so I believe that if you're in love with someone (the kind of love that makes you want to establish a formal relationship with that particular someone) then you can't help but have sexual desires towards them.

exactly !!

QuoyaNatsume 03-05-2008 04:32 PM

I second that!!! ^

Thunda 03-05-2008 04:34 PM

I third that

lmao

Suki 03-05-2008 04:38 PM

lol I first it! :D ... err since I was the first to agree on it >.>'

forgotenmemory 03-05-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Damn you, you pervert my mind. :eek:

Acidreptile 03-05-2008 05:10 PM

Yup.Forgottenmemory is still too young.Don't destroy his innocence.:vsign:

QuoyaNatsume 03-05-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidreptile (Post 419276)
Yup.Forgottenmemory is still too young don't destroy his innocence.:vsign:

lol if he starts a thread like this then his innocents must be slowly slipping away, lol

forgotenmemory 03-05-2008 05:37 PM

But I didn't, lol. I don't like anyone in my school, or anyone else, at the moment.

koaku 03-05-2008 07:08 PM

love exist everywhere lool you can love you girlfriend,love your dad, so why could we not love our friends????
I know my 2 best friends for 10 years now, and I admit that I was in love of one with one of them (9-10 yrs old..!lol)but for x reason nothing happened...So now I loved both of her as I love my father or my sisters ...not only like "best friend"

phishn37 03-05-2008 07:55 PM

I think love can exists in all kinds of relationships without needing sex ~ ! It's not just limited to family members, you can love your friend without being attracted to them.

Thunda 03-05-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishn37 (Post 419491)
I think love can exists in all kinds of relationships without needing sex ~ ! It's not just limited to family members, you can love your friend without being attracted to them.

Yeah if I could speak English I would say the same. LOL

Odin 03-06-2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpum (Post 419224)
i believe there is no such thing as love - only sex ! wjich we then percieve to be love !

When one does not believe in the thing, they do not seek it. Therefore they shall never find this most precious of gifts.

It is true that sex is part of love, but do not mistake sex for love. It is not! Love is about two people forming a connection and bond between them. That involves becoming best friends, trusting each other, knowing each other, understanding each other. A couple holding hands and sitting together quietly, watching a sun set, can be far more intimate and connected, than any night of lust shall ever produce.

I pray that you are still young, and you still have time, to find true love in someone, and that they find it in you. When you do little things like sex which burn so brightly in you mind, shall begin to grow pale in comparison.

KeRolKizam 03-06-2008 04:04 AM

aik..

erm.. why love always related to the sex?? erm...
sex doesnt need love..
but do love need sex???
:confused:

MarkDuff 03-06-2008 04:04 AM

Quote:

I Fourth this :mtongue:

MarkDuff 03-06-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeRolKizam (Post 420075)
sex doesnt need love..
but do love need sex???

for just sex no love is not needed.........but their is probly feelings that makes a person want to have sex...

Thunda 03-06-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

sex doesnt need love..
but do love need sex???

Real sex is when you feel so much for a person, you cannot express it by words, gestures, or kisses. Sex is when you become one with your lover....

Acidreptile 03-06-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunda (Post 420207)
Real sex is when you feel so much for a person, you cannot express it by words, gestures, or kisses. Sex is when you become one with your lover....

Too romantic to me mate.:vsign:

Suki 03-06-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

sex doesnt need love..
but do love need sex???

There're different types of love but the one we're discussing here does, in my opinion. Everyone of us, as humans, have sexual needs and yes, sex is a physiological need, just like eating or going to the bathroom. You can have good sex without there being any further emotional implications, but if you're in love with someone it's quite frustrating to not be able to express it sexually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunda

Awww when two bodies become one, giving themselves to each other completely, moving together... awww <3 lol

Thunda 03-06-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 420224)
There're different types of love but the one we're discussing here does, in my opinion. Everyone of us, as humans, have sexual needs and yes, sex is a physiological need, just like eating or going to the bathroom. You can have good sex without there being any further emotional implications, but if you're in love with someone it's quite frustrating to not be able to express it sexually.

Awww when two bodies become one, giving themselves to each other completely, moving together... awww <3 lol

heeh ^_^' Exactly.

Katia 03-09-2008 12:24 AM

Hmm I do love them but I control my feelings. I don't want to make it awkward between us.

MarkDuff 03-09-2008 12:28 AM

how come every thread about love gets converted into a thread about sex?

Is sex the only thing people on JF think about?

Lucyenn 03-09-2008 12:37 AM

have a friend for life...

Ramones1976 03-09-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Good point
I think so too

Thunda 03-09-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramones1976 (Post 422366)
Good point
I think so too

So you fifth it! :D

Hyakushi 03-10-2008 01:49 AM

I have alot of girlfriends (friends who are girls) I admit I have slept with most of them but thats when we were an item but now that were friends I don't look at them that way speacially since I have a girlfriend right now. At times though they really do come on strong and its sometimes hard to turn your head the other way but I agree friendship can bloom into love. Not all friendships though.

Suki 03-10-2008 02:26 PM

So when are you guys going to build me an altar for having put everyone's thoughts into words? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hya
At times though they really do come on strong and its sometimes hard to turn your head the other way but I agree friendship can bloom into love. Not all friendships though.

Yeah. We have a tendency to mistake friendship for love, the same way men tend to mistake friendly behavior for flirting or sexual overtones :rolleyes:

Lucyenn 03-10-2008 03:04 PM

Love can only be betweem lovers, i also don'r beleive in man and woman friendship it's just not natural... in my opinion i couldn't stand living like this:vsign:

Hyakushi 03-11-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 423317)
Yeah. We have a tendency to mistake friendship for love, the same way men tend to mistake friendly behavior for flirting or sexual overtones :rolleyes:

Yea so when a girl grabs me and says lets go to the back that isn't forcefull flirting? O.O well then I should have done it then and say it was only friendly restling :D but I walked away *goes and crys in the corner* oh well. Some girls are like that though or they start stalking you and calling you all the time saying "Lets hang out" even though you just got away from her XDDDD.

fmafan 03-11-2008 12:13 AM

YES over time is you well flert with her you and here might one day have something together NO i do not mean a kid but like a relationships

Suki 03-11-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyakushi (Post 423918)
Yea so when a girl grabs me and says lets go to the back that isn't forcefull flirting? O.O well then I should have done it then and say it was only friendly restling :D but I walked away *goes and crys in the corner* oh well. Some girls are like that though or they start stalking you and calling you all the time saying "Lets hang out" even though you just got away from her XDDDD.

Haha you're a lucky one ;)

Odin 03-11-2008 08:43 PM

Is it not better to want to kiss and caress one that you already love,
than to fall in love with someone whom you have already kissed.

Hyakushi 03-12-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suki (Post 424458)
Haha you're a lucky one ;)

Nooooo I'm not I walked away *Dies* :D its okay I'm almost married anyways *oh the sacrifices* XD but I'm not going to get married like tenchu hahahaha hopefully not :D .

kireikoori 03-14-2008 11:08 PM

The separation between friend and lover is a hazy one. It's natural to fall for a friend.

Thunda 03-15-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kireikoori (Post 427786)
The separation between friend and lover is a hazy one. It's natural to fall for a friend.

That's why I asked.

Yuna7780 03-15-2008 06:37 PM

I think there is nothing wrong with you. I love my best friend so much that I'm glued to her. But this is a different type of love. It's more of an admiration and a really deep friendship. You want to protect that person and make them yours, but not in any sexual or perverted context. We've been best friends for about six years now and I have the happiest memories with my best friend.

You can also think this way:
If you're lonely and upset when your friend goes to hang out with somebody else... She'll feel lonely once you get a boyfriend or if you're constantly hanging out with somebody else.

Just keep this friendship and don't worry about anything else. You're not likely going to date this person, but you'll treat her like your prized possesion.