(#11 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
03-18-2008, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedirt View Post
I have always found japaneese women to be so beautiful. I have wondered how they view white Americans now days. Would a japaneese family despise me or accept my whiteness.
I'm British white and my (Japanese) girlfriends parents really like me - they probably treat me better than my own parents back home hahaha

I doubt most Japanese people care what race you are - from my experiences, if you are a nice person then they will accept you for who you are

That said, I'm talking from Tokyo/Yokohama experience where gaijin are not exactly a new thing... I don't know how relevent my experiences would be if you were in a less tourist-oriented area
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Lazarus (Offline)
I eat drums for breakfast

03-18-2008, 03:27 AM

My girlfriend is half Japanese on her mother's side.
Now, just to show you how much things have changed, when her parents had their wedding ceremony, maybe 20ish years ago, it was so unheard of to have an interracial marriage with a Japanese person there was actually a local news article on it (here in Scotland). It had some silly title like "East meets West".

Nowadays, an interracial relationship like that is far less taboo in the west. Because of the western influence in today's popular culture in Japan, I imagine these kind of relationships are also perhaps not as big a deal as they once were.

...and dude, it's spelled "Japanese".

For relaxing times, make it... Santori time.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-18-2008, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedirt View Post
I have always found japaneese women to be so beautiful. I have wondered how they view white Americans now days. Would a japaneese family despise me or accept my whiteness.
Wouldn't that depend on the family in question? There might me some families that are really old fashioned and have a "purist" mentality and might not want a foreigner in the family to taint the bloodline. On the other hand, some families might just be racist.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
03-18-2008, 05:11 AM

hahaha.. I don't think people around the world think like that anymore..
taboo~~ just don't believe it..

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#15 (permalink))
Old
cami71213 (Offline)
Uh Believer

Send a message via AIM to cami71213 Send a message via MSN to cami71213 Send a message via Yahoo to cami71213
03-18-2008, 05:15 AM

I hope that they do "allow" for Japanese guys to date women of other races because I'm Mexican/Hispanic/Latina/Chicana and I want to date an Japanese guy.

Camille
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
03-18-2008, 02:08 PM

my japanese teacher in college is married to a chick from the states lol...it's funny we were talking yesterday abotu that, and he asked how did i know, becaus eyoru son is taller than you lol. And he was liek if i had a bigger wife what would you say, I said tsuyokunai mitai... and he was liek lol...Sensei omoshirokatta...lol

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-19-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo_9 View Post
hahaha.. I don't think people around the world think like that anymore..
taboo~~ just don't believe it..
It's probably in the minority now-a-days, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people from older generations didn't agree with interracial dating/mixing/marriages.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
zachart (Offline)
RahXephon Addicted

Send a message via Yahoo to zachart
03-19-2008, 12:42 AM

to me the only thing that matters is if i know you, you were born as a girl, and you have to be at least semi hot!!!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
03-19-2008, 01:12 AM

then the question comes, whats semi-hot? okay, i am dating a half girl already and she's cool, the light side of the family thinks I'm a danger to her mental state (although i have to say that girl is extremely dangerous on her own lol, seriously...) and the dark side of the family likes me because I'm blunt...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#20 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
03-19-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokunin View Post
then the question comes, whats semi-hot? okay, i am dating a half girl already and she's cool, the light side of the family thinks I'm a danger to her mental state (although i have to say that girl is extremely dangerous on her own lol, seriously...) and the dark side of the family likes me because I'm blunt...
light side? darkside?

Are you dating a jedi?