JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Relationship with japanese man (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/18414-relationship-japanese-man.html)

Hermione 08-20-2008 03:26 PM

Relationship with japanese man

hi, I need some advise, maybe somebody has expierience with romance in Japan?:)
My daughter found a really nice japanese friend over the internet.
they have been getting close and now he visited her in Germany.
They are so cute together:rheart: but I don`t know how much chance such a relationship has with the culturell differences.
Hermione

ThirdSight 08-20-2008 03:33 PM

That's quite a distance. Keep a weather eye on the guy who's willing to fly halfway across the world for a girl he met on the internet. While I'm a sap for romantic stuff like that, that seems a bit hardcore for a meeting that sparked from the web.

On a cultural note, I wouldn't know much about the differences. However, if he's willing to fly all the way to Germany from Japan, he can't care much about the cultural difference himself, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Other people might raise a brow or two (German & Japanese isn't a combination you see round much), but it shouldn't be too big a deal.

JaggedLittlePill 08-20-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdSight (Post 566133)
That's quite a distance. Keep a weather eye on the guy who's willing to fly halfway across the world for a girl he met on the internet. While I'm a sap for romantic stuff like that, that seems a bit hardcore for a meeting that sparked from the web.

On a cultural note, I wouldn't know much about the differences. However, if he's willing to fly all the way to Germany from Japan, he can't care much about the cultural difference himself, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Other people might raise a brow or two (German & Japanese isn't a combination you see round much), but it shouldn't be too big a deal.

I completely agree and might i add that although they may be cute together you and your daughter should be cautious.

ACN 08-20-2008 04:34 PM

I agree with Thirdsight, but could I ask for the age different?
And since you are asking about your daughters romance, she is not 18 yet,
while the boy can fly half the world alone.

ARose 08-20-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACN (Post 566184)
I agree with Thirdsight, but could I ask for the age different?
And since you are asking about your daughters romance, she is not 18 yet,
while the boy can fly half the world alone.

she could be over 18.

i'll be 22 in a couple months and my parents are still worried about stuff like that. they will never stop worrying.

i dated a japanese guy (im american) and the cultural differences weren't too awful. we worked through most of them by talking... but him personally is a different story all together haha

usako1991 08-21-2008 12:40 AM

i say that you should be cautious, there are many pervs out there, but try to not to scare him away^^ everyone is so wise here^^

mati 02-28-2009 06:22 PM

well if he went through the trouble of such a long and expensive trip for her he must have had a great crush.
and if she truely feels he's THE ONE, then let it be, and just try knowing her boyfriend better and see for yourself if he really is truely in love with her, i know you must be concerned but try not to mendle with theire relationship too much and just be there for her when she needs you.
the cultural diference shouldn't be so much of a problem if they really love eachother ^^ everything depends on how opene minded they both are.

MMM 02-28-2009 09:23 PM

The OP made one post over 6 months ago, so don't feel the need to respond to her directly.

nobora 02-28-2009 09:47 PM

I say if they love each other enough it'll last. But it's got to be true love.

waytolove 03-01-2009 02:57 AM

It is OK if they feel good when being together, then distance means nothing :D