JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ARose (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ARose Send a message via MSN to ARose
what am i supposed to think ... or do? - 09-16-2008, 05:38 AM

Ok, so there's this guy who I've been friends with for almost 2 years. Recently we've been... let's call it 'seeing' each other because we have no title for this. Well... we spent the weekend together (he's in NYC and I'm upstate NY) and it was a really great time. He kept asking if I'd miss him when I came back and made me promise not to forget him once I got home again... he knew I wouldn't but I think he wanted to hear it.

Then today he was talking to his ex gfs brother (they're still kinda friends) and then he kind of realized that he still has feelings for her but he's not sure at all.

I told him that I was hurt. He apologized and was like "we had a wonderful weekend and I had to ruin it with my mind. It was a really special weekend."

But, he's still confused as to whether he likes his ex or not. He's not sure if he really does or if he's just missing her since they were together like 8 years. Of course he will always care - that's a long time to be with someone - but there's a difference between caring and still having feelings for her. He doesn't know.

And here I am... hurt and crying. I haven't cried in almost a year. I don't know what to do and had to vent to someone.

(#2 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
09-16-2008, 05:55 AM

I wouldn't say forget about him right away. You're in a tender spot right now, so take anything said with a grain of salt, and do some thinking before you do anything.

Quite frankly, he doesn't know what he wants. It may not be the girl he's missing, but what he saw in the girl that he misses; in short, he's missing the things that switched him on so to speak, and made him more attracted to the person he was dating. This isn't necessarily true, but usually when someone goes missing someone like that when they're in a relationship with someone else, they just can't make up their minds. Otherwise, he'd be stuck on you like white on rice.

Here's one solution: confront him about it, and tell him to make up his mind. No point in getting upset about whatever decision he makes, just so long as he makes one; at this point, he's just not being fair to you whilst he's taking his time making up his mind.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Bureda (Offline)
Banned

09-16-2008, 06:00 AM

The guy you like is an emotional fool, he's the type to be your bitch.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-16-2008, 06:03 AM

Are you really 21?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ARose (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to ARose Send a message via MSN to ARose
09-16-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are you really 21?
Yes...
Are you calling me immature?
He's 26 ... so what does that make him?
(An idiot. haha)
But because I'm 21 doesn't mean I have all the answers or that I can't feel confused or hurt by this.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

09-16-2008, 10:33 AM

it takes a while to get over people....

usually it takes a fresh peice of meat for every year your going out....
and a BARE minimum of a fresh piece of meat for every 2 years before you stop comparing physically....

e.g. bob dates rose for 4 years...
they break up...
the next girl bob sleeps with...he is comparing with rose
the 2nd girl again he is comparing to rose...but also to the first girl...so not as much
by the third girl bob has stopped automatically comparing them to rose...
but he is STILL thinking about her...
still on the 4th girl...he has rose on his mind...but its only a distant memory...

only at girl number 5... is bob ready for anything involving commitment...cos anything before then...IS just a rebound
(#7 (permalink))
Old
chocolate (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to chocolate
09-16-2008, 11:25 AM

let him get back 2 his ex.gf.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Benny (Offline)
New to JF

09-16-2008, 12:02 PM

His fantastic weekend with you made him feel guilty.

This means he obviously feels very attached to his ex and wants to be with her...

It's unfair on you, but while he doesn't know what he wants, deep down he knows.

If you want to keep seeing him, leave your emotions at home

Last edited by Benny : 09-16-2008 at 12:05 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-16-2008, 03:42 PM

it might be best if you start seeing other ppl. you can still talk to him and all, but also check out other options, you know? cuz if him and his ex were really a big thing before it might be a while til he's fully over her

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#10 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-17-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARose View Post
Ok, so there's this guy who I've been friends with for almost 2 years. Recently we've been... let's call it 'seeing' each other because we have no title for this. Well... we spent the weekend together (he's in NYC and I'm upstate NY) and it was a really great time. He kept asking if I'd miss him when I came back and made me promise not to forget him once I got home again... he knew I wouldn't but I think he wanted to hear it.

Then today he was talking to his ex gfs brother (they're still kinda friends) and then he kind of realized that he still has feelings for her but he's not sure at all.

I told him that I was hurt. He apologized and was like "we had a wonderful weekend and I had to ruin it with my mind. It was a really special weekend."

But, he's still confused as to whether he likes his ex or not. He's not sure if he really does or if he's just missing her since they were together like 8 years. Of course he will always care - that's a long time to be with someone - but there's a difference between caring and still having feelings for her. He doesn't know.

And here I am... hurt and crying. I haven't cried in almost a year. I don't know what to do and had to vent to someone.
My advice is - go out and get drunk ! - it fixes everything !

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !