JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-30-2008, 02:08 PM

To Alpha: There I disagree. Sure, years ago, kids were expected to have children by 15. But those times were different, the children had to mature quicker because of the times they lived in. I mean, people rarely lived past the age of forty in those days.

These days it's different. A 12 year old has NO INKLING of what the risks or what the consequences are. I mean, sure you can read up and so on, but have you ever heard of the saying "You've never know something until you've experienced it"? It's a true thing.

Yes, you can have mature 12 year olds. I mean, I'm mature for my age, and even at 12, my maturity was on the scale of a 20 year olds. Now, I know people will say "Age doesn't equal maturity", and in most cases I agree. But there's still a difference. A 12 year old, however mature they think they are, are never as mature as if they are 20.

There really is no discussion in that, it's the facts of life. A 12 year old will never be mature as a mature 20 year old. Because you are lacking in experience.

I mean, we have teen pregnancies due to that very thinking that as soon as someone hits puberty and deems himself/herself as ready then they can have sex.

My first time was with a 24 year old when I was 16. She could, and even has been classed as a pedo. But the reason I did it in the first place, was because she's experienced, and she had a more mature view towards sex other than people my age. She wasn't my GF, nor was I in a relationship with her. Does that mean I wasn't ready for sex Misa? I disagree. I was ready, and because I was ready, I went for a more mature way of having sex.

People at the age of 12/14 would not even think of such things. At the age of 12/14 it's hard to get condoms, let alone after sex pills.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

10-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

My first time was with a 24 year old when I was 16. She could, and even has been classed as a pedo. But the reason I did it in the first place, was because she's experienced, and she had a more mature view towards sex other than people my age. She wasn't my GF, nor was I in a relationship with her. Does that mean I wasn't ready for sex Misa? I disagree. I was ready, and because I was ready, I went for a more mature way of having sex.

People at the age of 12/14 would not even think of such things. At the age of 12/14 it's hard to get condoms, let alone after sex pills.
No, I never said you have to be in a relationship to be ready for sex. It just is more stable if you are younger and having sex. You can get any pills or condoms just as easily at 12 as you would at 18. It's easier to get certain types of contraception at a younger age because it's free for minors.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

10-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Does "Puberty" and being able to cum make you mentaly mature enough to have sex? And do you trust the judgement of "Tweenies" if they said "Im ready for sex" just because theyve hit puberty? After all they are the only ones that can deem themselves mature enough to have sex.
No, that's why most people who have made the statement have said that they need to be physically and emotionally ready for sex. That doesn't always come after you've hit puberty. They are the only people that can deem themselves mature - sometimes they are blantantly not mature despite what they think of themselves - but they will go and have sex anyway. So rather than saying 'your too young to have sex' it's better to say, 'are you sure your ready? do you know the risks? are you using protection?' It's better to educate them properly so they can make sensible choices rather than just saying, YOU ARE TOO YOUNG.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
10-30-2008, 02:23 PM

I agree with Salvana's last post.

It's all a matter of maturity and being responsible enough to accept whatever consequence that might come along with it.

My best friend had sex at the age of 13. She was going out with a guy one year older than her, they were in love with each other and it just felt right, why should they have waited? I mean, I wouldn't recommand any 13 year-old person to go have sex, but the two of them were mature enough to be fully aware of what they were doing and I see nothing wrong with it.

My first time was at around 15/16. I don't regret anything about it and I would have done it earlier if it'd felt right at that moment, but it didn't; I waited until I felt not only ready but just willing to do it, if I had been 12 at that time then I would have done it still.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#25 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 02:30 PM

i dunno....

i dont see why the BIG deal....

as long as no one is taking advantage
everyone knows what they are doing...
and people are sensible...

whats the big deal...

i think also it matters less for a boy than for a girl...

also.... if a 13 yr old boy has sex...how does that effect you?

if it makes him happy....it makes him happy
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-30-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
But this is the problem. - On Salvanas' Point. You can be mature (For your age) at 12 or whatever. But your never going to be as mature as someone that is actually older and has more life experience. (Well generally anyway)

Hmm - this is kind of hard to word. Sometimes i have trouble getting my thoughts/point accross in writing.

So i gotta try break it down.

'are you sure your ready? do you know the risks? are you using protection?'

If they answer "Yes" Does this then mean that they are ready? Are they mature enough to answer this question.. maturely?

So what Salvanas' said. They even might believe themselves to be ready. But just because they say they are ready and believe that they are ready. Doesnt actually mean they are mature enough for sex. They can think they are and tell you they are, but id place my bet on "No" theyre not actually ready.

And its basically impossible to tell. a 12 year old is a 12 year old. It would be almost impossible to get a 100% accurate super mature answer.
When I was writing my last post, this is exactly what I was trying to say. It is hard to word, so I don't think it's you. It's a hard thing to explain, thanks for making it more simpler.
-

Quote:
And i dissagree with the relationship bit. 12 year olds cant have relationships deep enough (Without theyre being some sort of mental dillusions that are probably going to badly effect theyre personality later) to consider having sex.

"Weve been going out since we were 6, remember we met playing kiss chasy? we were such hussies back then. But i think weve been going out long enough and matured enough now to have sex. i mean come on, were 12. we arent getting any younger!"

Imagine that in a voice that hasnt even broken. Just doesnt "sit right" with me.
I could not agree with this more.

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-30-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
i dunno....

i dont see why the BIG deal....

as long as no one is taking advantage
everyone knows what they are doing...
and people are sensible...

whats the big deal...

i think also it matters less for a boy than for a girl...

also.... if a 13 yr old boy has sex...how does that effect you?

if it makes him happy....it makes him happy
Sure enough, it doesn't affect me. But it could affect their own lives.

Let's say a 13 year old had sex. Let's say this 13 year old deemed himself "ready for sex", and after having sex, got the girl pregnant. This does not ONLY affect the boy and girl, but also their parents. And also, if they decide to have the baby, it affects the baby's life aswell.

It's a very light thing saying "IT doesn't affect anyone, except for the person involved"

I could very well take it to the extremes aswell. If the boy and girl was scared that their parents would be angry, and ran away together. They make a new life, and struggle to survive, and that kid they had has a hard life growing up. What do you think the baby will grow up to be?

I have no doubts that the baby would grow up to be something bad, and it might very well kill someone. Then the problem (From when the baby was conceived) o longer just affects the boy and girl. IT now affects people that had their family member killed.

Sounds unlikely, but it's happened many times, and is still happening. So, Alpha, tell me again, how does this only affect the boy and girl?

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
10-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Agreed.

I think 16 is a good age to get started with sex.
Yeah. 16 is just good. For most people, there are always exceptions...sadly XD

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
theAlphaDuck (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2008, 03:06 PM

practically speaking though....

you can't STOP it happeneing....

so best bet to simply educate the kids..

and i have to admit that i am a bit of a hypocrite here...

but this is where i say the difference between girls and boy's..

if my daughter EVEN considered having a boyfriend before the age of 16...i will upside her head, take her to a doctor and get her fanny sewed up...but then its about upbringing...so i don't think it's something she is gonna WANT to do....

but If i had a SON....well thats different :P

obviosly two 12 year olds having sex is a bit.....hmmmm....but who are we to judge...and also...you can STOP them?

if you bring the debate into the real world...its a tricky one
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-30-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
practically speaking though....

you can't STOP it happeneing....

so best bet to simply educate the kids..

and i have to admit that i am a bit of a hypocrite here...

but this is where i say the difference between girls and boy's..

if my daughter EVEN considered having a boyfriend before the age of 16...i will upside her head, take her to a doctor and get her fanny sewed up...but then its about upbringing...so i don't think it's something she is gonna WANT to do....

but If i had a SON....well thats different :P

obviosly two 12 year olds having sex is a bit.....hmmmm....but who are we to judge...and also...you can STOP them?

if you bring the debate into the real world...its a tricky one
Ofcourse you can't stop them.

Nor can you prove there is a god. Nor can you actually prove that we exist. But they are all discussed.

Closed Thread