(#101 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
01-03-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Nope, Never have, never will i think... Of course i've made a friend or two online. But have never dated someone unless i'm actaully physically able to see them!!
mwahahahaa... noodle said never... lmao

Anywho... "dating" someone online is a complete waste of time, since you can not have any physical interaction and develop any feelings towards a person you have never met... if, somehow, some kind of feelings do occur, then they are not towards the person who is sitting on the other side of the screen, they are towards the image of this person that has been created in your head...
Aren't you too old to have imaginary friends (or lovers, as in this case)?

(#102 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Anywho... "dating" someone online is a complete waste of time, since you can not have any physical interaction and develop any feelings towards a person you have never met... if, somehow, some kind of feelings do occur, then they are not towards the person who is sitting on the other side of the screen, they are towards the image of this person that has been created in your head...
Aren't you too old to have imaginary friends (or lovers, as in this case)?
I used to think that way but somehow experience has proved me wrong. I agree with you though about the last bit, you can't wholy be in love with someone you've never met, like face to face, before but trust me, it is possible to grow feelings for someone you have met on the net, whether they last or not or how reliable they truly are... that is another story.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
01-03-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I used to think that way but somehow experience has proved me wrong. I agree with you though about the last bit, you can't wholy be in love with someone you've never met, like face to face, before but trust me, it is possible to grow feelings for someone you have met on the net, whether they last or not or how reliable they truly are... that is another story.
Let him be reliable or not, you still don't see the whole picture of the person: you don't see his attitude, the way he talks to people, the way he acts, his flaws, which is part of personality... you develop feelings towards the image that is created by what he tells you and what your fantasy adds to it, not form your real life observations.
When you meet a person in r/l, your opinion is created not only from what he tells you, but from many other aspects as well, right?

(#104 (permalink))
Old
drummachick (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to drummachick
01-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Nope. But a family member has. She used eharmony....worked out pretty well for her. I wouldn't try it though....too creepy for me and too easy to be a big fat liar.

(#105 (permalink))
Old
miyavikuun (Offline)
Disgraceful murder

Send a message via MSN to miyavikuun
01-03-2008, 04:20 PM

yes i have actually im still dating him but i dont care since it is an internet bf and im dating another one i hate them i talk to them then they just decide oh me are bf and gf and on internet they are really grabby(internet wise)

MUFFIN CLUB!!!
Co-Founder and proud Member of the Miyavi Stalking Society
I own Cat from deathstars!!
(#106 (permalink))
Old
sailorscout20 (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyavikuun View Post
yes i have actually im still dating him but i dont care since it is an internet bf and im dating another one i hate them i talk to them then they just decide oh me are bf and gf and on internet they are really grabby(internet wise)
I have had that happen before, it suck because sometimes they just wont leave you alone and follow you to whichever thread your on.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
miyavikuun (Offline)
Disgraceful murder

01-03-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorscout20 View Post
I have had that happen before, it suck because sometimes they just wont leave you alone and follow you to whichever thread your on.
i only talk to them on msn so i dont go on that much cause of them and they piss me off they are like do you love me and im just like suuuuure but for some reason i dont want to say something like i dont love you now just go away!!!! i dont know why

MUFFIN CLUB!!!
(#108 (permalink))
Old
sailorscout20 (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyavikuun View Post
i only talk to them on msn so i dont go on that much cause of them and they piss me off they are like do you love me and im just like suuuuure but for some reason i dont want to say something like i dont love you now just go away!!!! i dont know why
Just tell them that you found a boyfriend where you live, or that could backfire and they bother you more. I dont know what to tell you
(#109 (permalink))
Old
miyavikuun (Offline)
Disgraceful murder

01-03-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorscout20 View Post
Just tell them that you found a boyfriend where you live, or that could backfire and they bother you more. I dont know what to tell you
well one of them said that i can have a real bf where i live and the other one didnt say anything but one of them live is australia and the other somewhere in the us

MUFFIN CLUB!!!
(#110 (permalink))
Old
sailorscout20 (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2008, 04:31 PM

Do you like them?