Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

Send a message via AIM to Naoko
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru1981 View Post
I wish I have the gut to ask though...
Get some guts then. o.o Worst is he can say no. I'd rather get a flat out no than sit wondering how he feels. But that's just me

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#12 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-03-2008, 04:28 PM

I read a while back that a guy can't really be friends with a girl (well.. real friends) unless he likes likes her anyways.

Shes thinkin: best friends forever!

Hes thinkin: Can't wait to hit that!

This article i read was written by a woman.. and from a mans point of view.. shes not far off.

So the answer is yes he does like you or he wouldnt make the effort.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 12-03-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: This should get a decent reaction haha! I agree with it though.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-03-2008, 04:32 PM

Shadow, men and women can never be friends without some sexual attraction on one side, or both.

Kaoru, what's the worst that could happen? If he says yes, you've got a boyfriend. If he says no, you're back where you started, no lower. You might as well ask him while you have the chance.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

12-03-2008, 04:33 PM

While I agree -somewhat- at the same time, I'm a woman who gets along with guys better usually (can't stand most women). Most of my friends are male, and I'm 99% sure they don't see me as a piece of...yeah. Anyways, I think that's her whole point about the effort he's putting in. Is he just really polite? Or is he doing it to show her what kind of man he can be and to show that he has interest? When you don't know someone's cultural background i.e. how they were raised, that can cause confusion.

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ
My Japanese still sucks. Feel free to correct me! Any constructive criticism is appreciated.((どうも、ナゴナゴさん!!))
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

12-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post

During my short life I've seen way too many "Do J-girls like Americans? Do J-guys date white girls? How do I know if a J-person likes me?"

It's a stupid, overdone, and paints Japanese as a people incapable of showing normal human emotions.

In short, a sophisticated troll.
If the message is so distasteful for you because you've seen it too many times, why respond to it? And if you do, why not state up front you have seen it too many times for it to be of any use to you, instead of displaying a lack of normal human behaviour patterns? Just let the thread go unresponded to, methinks.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-03-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoko View Post
While I agree -somewhat- at the same time, I'm a woman who gets along with guys better usually (can't stand most women). Most of my friends are male, and I'm 99% sure they don't see me as a piece of...yeah.
You don't know guys to well, do you? :P

And thanks Koir, but my posting style is none of your concern :3

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Kaoru1981 (Offline)
New to JF

12-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Yeah, Naoko, you're absolutely right. I am really confused because I don't know all he did is it just out of politeness, due to his upbringing or what?
And by the way, I do have more male friends. But they are so different from him and everyone does have different point of view and I truly believe background does have major impact of how everyone thinks. So, I'm still not sure about him though I had so many male friends

If it's a yes, maybe I can further communicate and get to understand his thoughts more. But if it's a no, I'm afraid to loose a friend. He's a nice guy and I truly treasure him even if it's as a friend. That's why really I'm afraid to ask.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Naoko (Offline)
Evil Muffin 奈央子

12-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
You don't know guys to well, do you? :P
Considering I have 5 brothers - no sisters, my dad is my best friend, and most of my friends are male I'd think I know a little bit. :P I'm not saying NO guy thinks that way...I'm not stupid, but it's not true that every guy that has a female friend is only looking to hit and run.

Kaoru, if you're worried about losing a friend...you can either:

a. Keep it to yourself and just let it stay friendly.
b. Take a risk, and ask.

If I were to go B's route, I'd tell him that I value him as a friend and hope that what I'm about to ask won't hurt our friendship. You don't have to tell him you like him...just find out if he likes you. It's only when they start asking "why" that it gets all complicated. If he says "Yes" tell him you like him...if he says "No" you just wanted to know if he did. *shrug*

外人警報発令中!!!! ヽ(`Д')ノ

Last edited by Naoko : 12-03-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Kaoru's response :3
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kaoru1981 (Offline)
New to JF

12-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
I read a while back that a guy can't really be friends with a girl (well.. real friends) unless he likes likes her anyways.

Shes thinkin: best friends forever!

Hes thinkin: Can't wait to hit that!

This article i read was written by a woman.. and from a mans point of view.. shes not far off.

So the answer is yes he does like you or he wouldnt make the effort.
Thanks for your encouragement, Shadow.
Maybe I should ask him in a more indirect way when I see him next time. Provided my guts don't suddenly disappeared though
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoko View Post
it's not true that every guy that has a female friend is only looking to hit and run.
I didnt say hit and run, i said theres gotta be some sort of attraction there and I stand by that statement. Not all guys are so shallow but we do tend to let our little fella's do the thinking sometimes rather than our brains.

All my female friends are attractive in thier own way but i personally wouldnt go round trying to screw them all. Even if i wasnt already attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru1981 View Post
Thanks for your encouragement, Shadow
Your very welcome Just go for it girl! Sometimes, indirect ways can by too sly and he may avoid the answer if hes a shy person. If i were you just give him a hug, then when you pull away, do it real slow and stare him in the eyes and go in for a kiss. Such a make or break situtation will let you know either way. If it doesnt work out, if hes as nicer guy as you say he is, he will understand your feelings and still wish to be your friend

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 12-03-2008 at 05:00 PM. Reason: missed out the moral bit..