JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Is it possible for young people to love? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/21583-possible-young-people-love.html)

boinky78 12-14-2008 09:22 AM

Is it possible for young people to love?

Do you think it's possible for someone in their teens to truly love their boyfriend or girlfriend?because alot of people don't...because I believe I do love my ex :| but a lot of people tell me it's just puppy love

Ronin4hire 12-14-2008 09:26 AM

Deleted......

Ronin4hire 12-14-2008 09:26 AM

Truly love?

What is it to "truly" love?

Love is an emotion like anger, sadness etc. To "truly" experience it is a given in my opinion.

Unless you believe that teens fake their love... which I would say is untrue as I was a teenager myself once :D

EDIT- Sorry for double post... my computer froze up and I clicked on submit again.

boinky78 12-14-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 644791)
Truly love?

What is it to "truly" love?

Love is an emotion like anger, sadness etc. To "truly" experience it is a given in my opinion.

Unless you believe that teens fake their love... which I would say is untrue as I was a teenager myself once :D

people say sometimes young people might confuse love with lust
like my ex bf he said he loved me(clearly that was a lie)
and a month after breakingup with me hes inlove with another girl
I think its just"O that persons really cute and nice and I like how they touch me blah balh I'm inlove"maybe thats what it is sometimes

Ronin4hire 12-14-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boinky78 (Post 644793)
people say sometimes young people might confuse love with lust
like my ex bf he said he loved me(clearly that was a lie)
and a month after breakingup with me hes inlove with another girl
I think its just"O that persons really cute and nice and I like how they touch me blah balh I'm inlove"maybe thats what it is sometimes

I see... Then I think that's a language usage issue with the word love on your ex-boyfriends part.. either that or he's got some sort of condition. Like bi-polar or something :D

boinky78 12-14-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 644794)
I see... Then I think that's a language usage issue with the word love on your ex-boyfriends part.. either that or he's got some sort of condition. Like bi-polar or something :D

he might be bi-polar thats a reasonable assumption

MissMisa 12-14-2008 09:46 AM

I think so. I mean, why not? Some people say they are emotionally confused and all this, but what would they know. I don't think there is any set age for something as random and complex as love is.

MMM 12-14-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMisa (Post 644797)
I don't think there is any set age for something as random and complex as love is.

Well...there kind of is.

As I asked on another thread recently...

Many people have a "love of their life" at 16. How many of those people are still with that same person at 26?

"Love of their life"..."can't imagine life without them"...

This is called "part of growing up" and it is "puppy love".

EVERYONE thinks they are immune to it, and NO ONE is. 16, 17, 18...these are still formative years...what you think is love on Monday is a jerk on Thursday..why? because of hormones, growth, body changes...that is life.

If I would have read my own words above when I was 17 I would have said "This old man doesn't know what he is talking about...he doesn't know MY situation."

Everyone goes through it...that's the way life goes.

MissMisa 12-14-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 644799)
Well...there kind of is.

As I asked on another thread recently...

Many people have a "love of their life" at 16. How many of those people are still with that same person at 26?

"Love of their life"..."can't imagine life without them"...

This is called "part of growing up" and it is "puppy love".

EVERYONE thinks they are immune to it, and NO ONE is. 16, 17, 18...these are still formative years...what you think is love on Monday is a jerk on Thursday..why? because of hormones, growth, body changes...that is life.

If I would have read my own words above when I was 17 I would have said "This old man doesn't know what he is talking about...he doesn't know MY situation."

Everyone goes through it...that's the way life goes.

Well, I disagree. Everyone seems to blame hormones but I don't think that completely clouds your whole mental stability or sense of reason.

Salvanas 12-14-2008 01:45 PM

I disagree with you Misa.

Hormones or not, 16 is too young an age to understand the complexity of love. It's like claiming to be able to rule a country at the age 11.