JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ThinasLWD (Offline)
JF Regular

My friend. - 12-16-2008, 11:44 PM

Well, there's this girl i really really like, and we've been friends for a few years now. Atm, she's single, she's not seeing anyone.. well..

The fact i'm really good friends with her is actually the main issue.. I feel like to her i'm 'only' a shoulder to cry on.. but i don't want that anymore, because ever since i met her, i loved her.

She's really the popular type of girl.. good-looking, popular, always people around her etc..

I know i'm really in love with her because, everytime when some other guys around, 'nd talks to her or anything, i get a strange jealous feeling.. and since she's popular i sometimes freak out at school, or when going out..

Another problem is she likes popular guys.. i'm not that kindda type. i'm not like some fugly nerd who gets owned by classmates all the time, i'm more like a normal person.. it's just i don't think i stand out enough.. also, i watch anime, game a lot etc.. you know, things most girls would think is 'geeky' or 'nerd'.. i don't think she'd like that.. but thing is, i don't wanna change myself for noone.

Please give me some advice .. ?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
12-16-2008, 11:46 PM

I think you should tell her how you feel about her and ask her how she feels about you. If you get rejected at least you know where you stand and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

And you shouldn't have to change yourself for anyone. She either likes you or she doesn't. And if she doesn't, at least you still have a friend.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-17-2008, 12:17 AM

Its one of those make or break situations. Leave it how it is and be forever thinking of what MIGHT be or tell her how you feel and see how it goes. You might be rocks deep by the end of the night!

I don't normally take to people so quickly, but, best of luck

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
iPanda (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to iPanda Send a message via MSN to iPanda
12-17-2008, 12:19 AM

I think that you think to much about this girl, and need to find some new friends that you can relate too more. It sounds like you have a good relationship with this girl, but all this jealously makes me think you are a bit obessed.

But its like Shadow said, its a make or break.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-17-2008, 12:31 AM

Its not obsession.. its natural if you like someone. I could understand obsession if this girl didnt even talk to him and he was collecting things like strands of her hair for some sort of wierd shrine to her or something. But this is what they call the real world. survival at of the fittest and hes jelous because he thinks he has competition..

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2008, 12:53 AM

Jealousy doesn't mean you're obsessed o.O i think jealousy is a part of having feelings for someone.

But anyway...good luck and I hope it works out
(#7 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

12-17-2008, 01:17 AM

you're in the friend zone already.
its so hard to get out of that.
in terms of her feelings i mean.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
iPanda (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to iPanda Send a message via MSN to iPanda
12-17-2008, 01:21 AM

I didn't mean it as in obsessed as in collecting her hair, I think he's obsessed with his feelings for her that he's actually afraid of doing anything else because he doesn't feel like he fits her standards..
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2008, 01:23 AM

That actually does make sense.

I don't think there's anything to be afraid of with that though. Worst case scenario is that she tells him all she thinks of him as is a friend. That's it.

So go for it!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ThinasLWD (Offline)
JF Regular

12-17-2008, 04:19 PM

lol @ some replies ..

it's not like i've never thought about confessing to her.. i did it over 'nd over again in my daydreams.. haha .

but i don't think i've got the confidence to tell her about it. i'm afraid i'll be stuck with this for a long long time.. it's just soooo hard to confess..