JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

Girl help - 12-06-2008, 08:23 AM

Hello JF members...

I need some advice. I have never had a girl friend in my entire life, and I am 16 years old (laugh it up). I just can not talk to women, and I really feel ugly. I am very shy and can only think about nerdy things when around women, and I only have a few friends that are guys. I just don't know how to communicate with people, and I need help. I was born with little emotion (I forget what it is called, but if I find a link I'll post it) and so I must "fake" my emotions. I know this might be hard to beleive for some of you, but it is true. I was also born blind in my left eye, due to the nerve ending at the back of the eye not being fully connected to the brain or something. Anyways, just thinking about all this nonsense makes me sad, and that is why I can't talk. I am just not confident and I don't know how to be. I ask for you help because this is the first community I feel comfortable in, and no one else can help. Thank you for anything you can give me to fill this emptiness inside of me.

EDIT: I found the link...

Can a person be born without an emotion? - Yahoo! Answers

Quote:
structurally the amygdala located in the brain is responsible for most emotional behavior, possible disease or emotional problems can be related to abnormalities in this structure. Stress early on in life can have an impact on how the synapse connect in the amygdala = emotional problems. May other factors can play a role in how this brain area developments.
The Amygdala
Amygdala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by KUNIO : 12-06-2008 at 08:31 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-06-2008, 08:32 AM

Doesn't the fact you want a girlfriend prove you have emotion? Those that truly have no emotions have no interest in the opposite sex.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

12-06-2008, 08:34 AM

I guess I have little, I mean of course I have a little. Just damaged...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)
[put profound title here]

Send a message via Yahoo to tocrayzay
12-06-2008, 08:54 AM

well it sounds like something i'm sure many people will tell you but first you must love yourself. no one can love you if you don't love yourself (trust me been there done that). Its very emotionally trying to be with someone who is constantly down.
Tell yourself: "OK I'm blind in my left eye but so what there's plenty of people out there who are completely blind." (something along those lines)
or
"Yeah I'm not really emotional but at least I'm not cruel to people and don't start crying every 5 seconds" (or as said before something along those lines that'll make you feel less bad about those things)
A good way to meet people in general is join something at school or your community that interests you. This way you have to meet people and talk to them about something, potentially even a girl or once you make friends there they might even introduce you to their friends outside the group/club.

murrrrrrrrr
"If Life and Death be things that seem,
If Death be sleep, and Life a dream,
May not the everlasting sleep
The dream of Life eternal keep?"
~Father Tabb
(#5 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

12-06-2008, 08:57 AM

I can't love myself, I just can't. My mind wont let me... I just see all my mistakes and flaws. I am a dumb butt in real life, did you know? I fake everything I do... all I can do is computer stuff, I know nothing about school or life. I don't want to be a robot though... I try to say I am smart, and truly think it, but in the end I go to bed feeling horrible.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)

12-06-2008, 09:06 AM

can you at least like yourself? we all have flaws and faults. you're 16 so you're also battling with hormones lol. but seriously you just said you're good at computers, there you go, that's something to like about yourself, you have a skill that is much wanted in this world. make a list of all the things you like about yourself and tell yourself that everyday ....don't think about your faults to much (i know its hard but dammit you gotta do that as to not have a reason to "hate" yourself ) and if there is absolutely NOTHING you can do, you might want to go talk to a psychologist or something they know more about this kind of stuff especially the thing without emotions

murrrrrrrrr
~Father Tabb
(#7 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

12-06-2008, 09:10 AM

I don't have the money for that... that is another thing, my family is very poor and college is going to be hard for me. Even with all the support from scholarships and whatnot.... Thank you for the advice, it is just hard. Because I know, deep down inside, that I am truly stupid.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)

12-06-2008, 09:15 AM

well if you're truly stupid don't go to college
i'm just kidding
you aren't stupid, you're a teenager going through puberty.
granted there's stupid people out there but a lot of them fried their brains with drugs
what about your school counselor they have to treat everything confidential (unless its abuse or somebodies life is at risk)

murrrrrrrrr
~Father Tabb
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KUNIO (Offline)
オタク

12-06-2008, 09:19 AM

I've gone through puberty already, I've been feeling this way since I can remember... and I have talked to them, they give general bull crap advice and pretend to care. Thank you for talking to me, I have to go to bed now but I will be back on tomorrow, good bye and good night.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
tocrayzay (Offline)

12-06-2008, 09:28 AM

sorry somehow posted twice ignore this

murrrrrrrrr
~Father Tabb

Last edited by tocrayzay : 12-06-2008 at 09:31 AM.