JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
biginjapan (Offline)
JF Regular

Japanese girls turned off by muscle? - 01-06-2009, 07:58 AM

Well, I spent a year in Japan and I must say I was disappointed that I never had a relationship when I was there. I saw so many of my friends get girlfriends in no time but there I was having no luck. I'm a short guy but I'm pretty good looking and I have a muscular build. Also, I do have pretty bad cauliflower ears. I got them from doing jiujitsu and I slacked off and never got them drained so it is possible that they are intimidated by that? I'm not sure if this is true but my buddy said my problem may be that I don't fit the Japanese girl's standard of beauty. Its quite a shock for me because in the states I find that girls prefer muscular over skinny. I always assumed it was true for Japan as well.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
mellodramattic (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to mellodramattic Send a message via MSN to mellodramattic
01-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Darlin', haven't you seen what j-rockers look like? They're very slim...slender...very beautiful...Yeah, they have muscle, but it's not like...SO obvious. It's subtly there until somebody pokes their arm and goes, "UWAAAAHHHH!!! ^o^ "

But what are cauliflower ears? xD Can I eat them? D

.GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD.

~Yoroshiku POP!~

Reita&&Ruki [the GazettE] -- Kamijo&&Hizaki [Versailles-Philharmonic Quintet-] -- Mello&&Matt [Death Note]

(#3 (permalink))
Old
biginjapan (Offline)
JF Regular

01-06-2009, 08:15 AM

That is what it looks like, that is pretty severe mine isn't as bad but its definitely noticeable.

I got it from years of doing jiu jitsu. What happens is my ear gets roughed up against the mat and when pulling out of headlocks. Basically a blood clot forms under the ear's skin. It sucks because most women think I am just deformed or something.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
mellodramattic (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to mellodramattic Send a message via MSN to mellodramattic
01-06-2009, 08:17 AM

Aaahhh, I see!

But...that doesn't look like cauliflower...?

.GAZEROCK IS NOT DEAD.

~Yoroshiku POP!~

Reita&&Ruki [the GazettE] -- Kamijo&&Hizaki [Versailles-Philharmonic Quintet-] -- Mello&&Matt [Death Note]

(#5 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
01-06-2009, 08:19 AM

I have to agree with mellowdramattic.
As J-Rock and J-Pop is very popular, the artists are going
to be what appeals to most young Japanese women.
(Generally) And the artists themselves are very feminine looking.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-06-2009, 08:59 AM

I think that as long as you're not a freak... you can get a girlfriend anywhere in the world. Maybe the problem isn't your looks but your approach.

People don't just become a couple via looks alone. You need to get to know someone and have a connection that goes beyond physical attraction in my opinion. Unless you're a "playa" that is... but "playas" have a certain type of persona which judging from your post is something that you don't have. (Neither do I)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
01-06-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I think that as long as you're not a freak... you can get a girlfriend anywhere in the world. Maybe the problem isn't your looks but your approach.

People don't just become a couple via looks alone. You need to get to know someone and have a connection that goes beyond physical attraction in my opinion. Unless you're a "playa" that is... but "playas" have a certain type of persona which judging from your post is something that you don't have. (Neither do I)

I agree it takes having a connections to get any girl or guy, not just looks alone. But looking good is a nice thing. and maybe they are into Jrocker bods but I'am sure there are some that are in to the more muscular builds.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-06-2009, 10:56 AM

I`d say muscles aren`t very high on the list when it comes to the general idea of attractiveness... But there are of course women who love them.

I`d say that your behavior is going to make a big difference - even more so than your looks. So try to figure out what you`re doing that`s "wrong" before you blame things on your appearance.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM

The thing about muscles just makes American girls look shallow...but Japanese girls like slim, beautiful guys, so that would have to be considered shallow too if you think that way...hahahah.

Yeah, I don't think Japanese women care too much about muscular guys. I've never seen a Japanese girl with a buff guy, by the way.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#10 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-06-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
but Japanese girls like slim, beautiful guys
Good job thats not my intention when I go over then!

I'm 5'5"
Muscular build but with massive beer belly (took lots of hard work and dedication to obtain! im proud of it)
I wiegh just under 185lbs
Stubbley beard/goatee when I'm not working..

And you've all seen my pics

might aswell have bakagaijin tatted on my forehaed.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me