JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
956secunit (Offline)
New to JF

whats going on???? - 01-09-2009, 12:24 AM

So I am not sure what the hell is going on. I met this Japanese girl way back in July and she initiated contact with me a lot in the beginning.
I did not think anything of it and just enjoyed hanging out with her. It got to the point where her and I would see each other 2 to 3 times a week.
Slowly I started to feel something for her about 3 months in and thought she was beginning to feel the same way. So I talked to her about it and she
told me that she was not looking for a boyfriend right now. I was totally cool with that and told her that if she wanted to hang out she could call me.
The next day she called me randomely and asked if she could come over and then proceeded to cry and tell me was confused and did not know why she said no to me and that she knew she would be happy with me but she was worried about her parents, her career goals, if I was serious, living in Japan and other things along those lines and that she needed to think. It was around this time that I found out that I got a job in Japan and it happens to also be within 90 mins of where she lives. I will be moving there in Feb. I was kinda surprised as I had come to terms with her answer from the day before. From that point forward we basically were acting like a couple, holding hands, cuddling all that stuff. About a 1 and half months after all this I found out that I had to move back to my parents place on the other side of the country for about 2 months before I leave for Japan to tend to some family things and such. It was in my last week that we talked again and she told me that she had feelings for me and thought of me as more than a friend but she could not go out with me because of her concerns and such. She knows that I am serious about her and that night she was crying lots and did not want to leave my car for fear of never seeing me again.
My last day I was in town we spent it together just talking and stuff. When I dropped her off at home I gave her a letter telling her that I was not going
to give up on her because we both have feelings for each other and I feel that we should give it a shot. Espcecially seeing as I will be in Japan living very close to her. She left to do some traveling around the states shortly after I left and we talked on the phone or corresponded by e-mail every few days. She did not say anything about the letter I gave her but I am not to sure if the english I used was a little to complicated so I worked really hard with one of my Japanese friends and translated the entire thing and sent it to her. So far it has been a week and no response. The only thing I can think to do is move on and just let her know when I am in Japan and if she wants to see me she can contact me. I am just frustrated... any thoughts?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
lightly (Offline)
New to JF

01-09-2009, 12:31 AM

i think its because she didnt want to date you because she didnt know how long you would live in japan and then you had to move to live with your parents and when u did give her a chance you left(and im not saying its your fault that you had to leave)

death note kicks ass
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

01-09-2009, 12:55 AM

If she contacts you, she's still interested. If not, she's come to grips emotionally with all that's happened and what it all means.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-09-2009, 01:19 AM

She sounds like an emotional wreck. Give her some time to settle down back in Japan and maybe she'll answer back. If not, the ocean is all yours for the picking!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

01-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Some girls have a self preservation thing going on and refuse to be in long term relationships, it doesn't mean sh hates you, but she's trying to come to terms with the situation the best she can: get over you.

If you're meant to be, you will be together, maybe in the future, but give the girl some space, as you said, she seems like an emotional person.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-09-2009, 09:59 PM

Erm; if you're in the US and you sent her the letter to a Japanese address, give it a bit more than a week to get there; especially if you used USPS

give her time, give her space.

if nothing happens then you made a friend at the very least and move on

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲