JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Relationship Talk (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/)
-   -   Anxiety over a girl (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/relationship-talk/22733-anxiety-over-girl.html)

alchemistchild 01-26-2009 12:32 PM

Anxiety over a girl

Okay, my friend (Peachboy) is having problems with a particular girl at his Uni campus. This girl (he says!) seems to fancy him, and trying to get my friend to make a make a move on her e.g. sitting near him and staring at him class.
Anyways, its causing mi friend to have anxiety problems as he is scared of entering into any relationship right now. He's considering leaving the Uni but i am not sure if that is the right option.

Your thoughts please...

Gwen_Goth 01-26-2009 01:29 PM

erm, quite simple really; if he's not interested then he needs to tell her, but he should at least be sensitive. should also be aware that he may have been misreading her all this time.. so be prepared for that...

a proposed script :p

Quote:

PB: erm.. hey?
G: hi
PB: so.. sorry if this seems a little outta the blue, but do you like me?
G: Y /N
PB ah. well, you see im just not really looking for anything at the moment, so sorry :(
G: Oh, ok
*then move on to talk about class or something*
it still can't mean he can't have a friends ship, right? (plus minimises embarrassing feeling afterwards)

xGarnetx 01-26-2009 01:46 PM

Did your friend talk to her? I think the best way to solve problems are just talking, if he's not interested and he has problems with the situation, the girl should know. In fact, if she doesn't know, how is she supposed to stop causing trouble?

kiyuga 01-26-2009 04:04 PM

If this is bothering him.... he really needs to ignore her. I don't think that he should quit doing something because a goo-goo eyed girl is staring at him. It is totally pointless in my opinion.

Yuusuke 01-26-2009 06:27 PM

hmm...damn

BratGaki 01-27-2009 04:07 AM

If he feels like a relationship at this time isn't right, then let her know. Honesty and trust is the best policy. So be honest with her and acknowledge her friendship and then tell her the truth about how you feel. It is as simple as it sounds. You just have to get over the psychological.

ThirdSight 01-27-2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiyuga (Post 669448)
If this is bothering him.... he really needs to ignore her. I don't think that he should quit doing something because a goo-goo eyed girl is staring at him. It is totally pointless in my opinion.

This seems to be the problem at hand, so I doubt this will work.

Like everyone else has said, tell your buddy to talk to her and get things straightened out. If he switches universities because he can't handle a girl's attention, however, you may want to suggest a doctor of some kind, that of course, being if the girl in question isn't trying to get his attention in a stalker-esque manner.

xYinniex 01-27-2009 01:59 PM

okay, let's get the story straight

he wants to leave his studies over a girl that fancies him and he doesn't fancy her back?

There's wuss, and then there is that.
Tell him to grow some balls, and just ignore it.
or if anything, talk to the girl, shes probably not scary and once she finds out what a wuss he is, she probably back off.

Fooflowers 01-27-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchemistchild (Post 669416)
Okay, my friend (Peachboy) is having problems with a particular girl at his Uni campus. This girl (he says!) seems to fancy him, and trying to get my friend to make a make a move on her e.g. sitting near him and staring at him class.
Anyways, its causing mi friend to have anxiety problems as he is scared of entering into any relationship right now. He's considering leaving the Uni but i am not sure if that is the right option.

Your thoughts please...

hes considering leaving uni because a girl fancies him, possible the most retarded thing i have ever heard