JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AnimeBaby112 (Offline)
Banned

Is she not right in the head? - 02-01-2009, 05:36 AM

Sorry, this is the only place I thought this should go...
So right down to the point.
One of my girlfriends...has a very active imagination and when we were young we used to pretend to have boyfriends...and mind you we thought we were perma-kids, until we were 10, thats when I dropped the fake boyfriend thing and movied on. But my friend didn't let it go, she doesn't have many other friends and is now 15, aaand still has the boyfriend...now, please, if you reply to this, be nice. What do you guys think about this? I don't think she's crazy, and doing that makes her happy. She's just scared of people and can't make friends well.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
02-01-2009, 06:16 AM

Imagination can always take over ones life if they don't know how to control it. Tho in most cases I would say, like you do, she might have gotten hurt at one point that you are not aware about. And she feels "safe" with the "boyfriend" she has. Tho...nerd-like talk you could just do an electral magnetic field around her and see if she does have a boyfriend that does exist and you can't see, yet she can. Tho I don't know how you'll explain that to her. heh. She might grow out of it. Just let her be. It'll pass soon.

She's still a "child". Where you might have grown out of that stage she still hasn't. Let her be. Respect her as a friend. She'll end up letting go of the "boyfriend" fantasy when the time comes.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnimeBaby112 (Offline)
Banned

02-01-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slykaz1 View Post
Imagination can always take over ones life if they don't know how to control it. Tho in most cases I would say, like you do, she might have gotten hurt at one point that you are not aware about. And she feels "safe" with the "boyfriend" she has. Tho...nerd-like talk you could just do an electral magnetic field around her and see if she does have a boyfriend that does exist and you can't see, yet she can. Tho I don't know how you'll explain that to her. heh. She might grow out of it. Just let her be. It'll pass soon.

She's still a "child". Where you might have grown out of that stage she still hasn't. Let her be. Respect her as a friend. She'll end up letting go of the "boyfriend" fantasy when the time comes.
Thanks Sly, that is good advice and guidance. Though, the thing is...I don't know if she will grow out of it. I think she thinks this..er "boyfriend" is one of her only friends...And she has been hurt in the past, she had a boyfriend for a year and then they broke up. She was in a lot of pain and wouldn't even accept me trying to help her, she just talked to...him. But...I guess if it is someone whom she can confide in and she feels safe with...I guess its okay. I'm just worried about her future and if she doesn't let this go. I know people will think she is insane and lock her up.
She really thinks he's real. And maybe to her he is....but...Has anyone heard of anyone else doing this?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
wolfdreamer (Offline)
New to JF

02-01-2009, 09:58 PM

she is not insane I did this when I was young to. it not altogether natural but almost every person has done it weather it a imaginary friend or a imaginary scene.(many still do it how do you think they write books or draw art)
I agree with slyk she will grow out of it. It may be she just needs to find a real guy who is like or better then her imaginary guy. try getting her around more people to show her that not all guys/people are like the guy that hurt her.( this will also help her make more friends).

it like the quote I don’t want to sleep because life is finally batter then my dreams. just insert imaginary for sleep and guy for dreams and you get I don’t want to imaginary a guy because the one in life is better then my imaginary one ever was.

pals if she is happy what das it matter it her life. same times you have to imaginary to stay sane...any way good luck with it ..
And they only lock people up if they think they will hurt someone else or themselves they have to many gun crazed killers out there to worry over a imaginary boyfriend.

it took the dead to recognize the dead

Crazy Neighbor to: Albee3B
Cousin to YukisUke
(#5 (permalink))
Old
AnimeBaby112 (Offline)
Banned

02-02-2009, 04:22 AM

Thanks you guys. I think I'll just let her be, and see what happens, maybe introduce her to some of my guy friends.