JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-14-2009, 08:24 AM

To be honest, I think most girls who are not into that thing themselves find it a little weird. I know if I had no knowledge of Japan/Anime/Jrock, I'd find the whole thing a little strange myself, without being Japanese. So I can imagine it's even weirder for the girl.

It would be like someone expressing their obsession with England to me, I would find it strange but I'd try not be judgemental. It's nice people are enthusiastic about other cultures but anime is only a very very small part of it, obviously.

He should probably just explain why he is into that kind of thing and tell her that the pop culture of Japan is popular other places too.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Starairi (Offline)
Fukuoka resident

Send a message via MSN to Starairi
03-14-2009, 08:30 AM

This is just a thought...

Maybe she thinks the only reason he's into her is because he's interested in Japan and she is japanese? Kind of... um, jealous?

I know this sounds weird, but I've seen on this forum that people wants japanese girl/boyfriends, kids and all sorts of thing just because they're japanese. Maybe that's why she's mad about his interest in Japan?

Starairi
Crazy norwegain person
ノルエじんです
(#3 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-14-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starairi View Post
This is just a thought...

Maybe she thinks the only reason he's into her is because he's interested in Japan and she is japanese? Kind of... um, jealous?
That's exactly what I was going to say! Maybe she just needs the attention on her, not on the country she was born.

Similar problems occur with Chinese girls and French boys here. At first, the girl is extremely flattered that her new bf likes China, wants to learn the language etc. But after the initial "puppy love" stage, they can get rather annoyed.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Eminee (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2009, 09:05 AM

I think you might be right with the jelous about her culture sort of thing.

If I was Japanese and there were all these Westerners obsessed with my country.. butchering my language, dressing like my people, copying what they do etc. I think it would annoy me..
(#5 (permalink))
Old
wangwenjingelle (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to wangwenjingelle
03-14-2009, 10:11 AM

what i think is the different culture that made them have many problems, and also how this guy (i mean Ben) goes into that japanses girl. It is fine for a person to have his own hobbies, loving watching Anime doesn't mean he perfers japan or Japanses culture than this girl herself. there goals and views toward life and if their personalities match each other are really counts for much. am i right?

Last edited by wangwenjingelle : 03-14-2009 at 10:13 AM.