JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Would you like to have a japanese BF/GF?
yes 205 66.99%
no 35 11.44%
maybe 66 21.57%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-16-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
As long as he doesn't look like this... I'm good:
http://www.killsometime.com/Pictures/images/Pic1222.jpg
And what about this guy:
http://allybrown.files.wordpress.com...663aa54a77.jpg
(#102 (permalink))
Old
mikkey (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to mikkey Send a message via MSN to mikkey Send a message via Yahoo to mikkey
i realy want a japanese gf - 06-28-2009, 05:57 AM

i would like to have a japanese gf cos i always feel and fall inlove with a japanese women in my dreams.but it does not mean that other countries are not good in friendship,lol but minds are differents and can dialogue what it seems that can be good for its own feelings.well am still insist that i realy want a japanese gf to build up my future and have a good family.anyway am here with free and pure heart to search for it.hahahahahahahah i later change my mind.i want a good gf from any country.sorry all my friends,you can contact me now amavailable for good lady who realy want a good relationship.cheers

Last edited by mikkey : 06-28-2009 at 06:00 AM.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-28-2009, 11:17 AM

I honestly have no idea. I mean, they're all pretty darn different from each other, like any other kind of guy, so hard to say. Mixed experiences too with friends I've made over time. The Japanese guys who'd spent a bit of time out the country were easier to get to know, I found, primarily because as a tall self-sufficient woman*** I think I can be a little intimidating for some guys. I find it can prompt either a lot of shy gawping or conversely, rather brash commentary to impress their friends, which can be plain awkward at best and offensive at worst. Which can be really hard to get past, even just for the purpose of making friends with no intention to let it go further. Other people, some of the ones i've met in the UK for example, have a bit more confidence to just be casual and have a chat, language barriers aside. That's important to me. I don't want someone wanting to date me just because I'm not japanese, same as I don't want to date someone just because they are japanese.

So yeah, complicated. Am I open to the idea, sure, but like anything it really really depends on the person.

(***This isn't to say I go out of my way to stand out when I'm in Japan. I dress in a standard way, I'm not loud, I generally don't get that whole 'gaijin bubble' thing; i just occasionally get caught out taking off my high-heels in order to lift my bike over a fence when it hemmed in by other bikes or something.)
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Scoob94P (Offline)
JF Regular

06-28-2009, 12:03 PM

To me, it honestly doesn't matter, people are people regardless of race.
There are some Japanese guys who I like, but there are English guys, French guys.
I don't think it matters to be honest, but my friend is convinced she's going to marry a French Canadian called Marcus... I don't want to hurt her, but the chances of that happening are very rare, it also gets me a bit angry when she says this because she won't be looking at other races or cultures as a possibility.

Whilst you're so pre-occupied trying to find yourself a Japanese guy you're going to miss a whole lot of people from other cultures who may be interested in you.

I wouldn't go as far as saying looking at one race is racism, but I think it shouldn't be done.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
ani (Offline)
New to JF

07-02-2009, 11:12 PM

well i like all kinds of guys and i look for personality, honesty, trust, ect.

and im not raist or anything believe me, but i find that im attracted to asian

guys not because their asian but because most of the guys that have what

im looking for just happen to be asian. so i think i can understand where

your coming from.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
MightyFlameboy (Offline)
New to JF

07-09-2009, 05:22 PM

The grass is always greener on the other side. Humans always covet for things which he/she can never seem to obtain in reality. I know that feeling because I'm currently experiencing that phenomena. But I wouldn't go so far to call it racism. I would just say it's all part of one's own personal preference.

I'm a Chinese living in Singapore, and I only have eyes for Japanese girls. I don't even pay attention to local girls. Am I racist towards my own race? Of course not! Regarding love, everyone has their own ideal notions about it, so their opinions might sound a little selfish, in this case towards other races besides Japanese, but everyone is entitled to their own dream fantasies, no?

But it's not for the typical superficial reasons which most guys would have (although I must admit their general good looks is definitely a factor), but it's just that I've become so intrigued by their culture and way of living, and I subconsciously want to be part of that lifestyle, preferably alongside a good-looking Japanese spouse.

On the other hand, I would have to agree that my narrow perspective has caused me to neglect girls within my immediate surroundings, where getting together with a good local girl would be more realistic. But I'm not in a hurry to get hitched, and I intend to work in Japan in about 4 years' time, so I'm keeping my options open, and if possible, create opportunities for the ideal relationship I would want to be in.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
Chim (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Chim
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM

hmm i think that the asian boys are better-looking than the european boy
... i think european boys are looking like monkeys u.u°
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Senryu (Offline)
JF Regular

07-09-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chim View Post
hmm i think that the asian boys are better-looking than the european boy
... i think european boys are looking like monkeys u.u°
i saw plenety of hot european boys.My ex boyfriend was one of them,but i won't might having a japanese boyfriend.The skin color,race,age isn't important for me,he must be carring,reliable and inteligent and that it's enough for me.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

07-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerybriz View Post
I Havent found a non-japanese who likes me since i had a japanese boyfriend.. but,... everybody its ok...

and... about the other cuestion>>> yeah.. the culture its very important becouse a person who has born in USA, used to think like USA peopple... but it depends....<<every person its unic>>
Firs of all, im a guy. I do think that culture can be important sometimes and it can get on the way of a relationship,but not all the time. you said that a japanese man like you before, and that not anyother man hasnt. that doesnt mean that japanese man r the only good ones. you were just lucky to find a BF, and he was japanese. i bet that if he wasnt japanese and he was some other race, you would have been saying the same thing about that race. I dont think it was his culture u felt in love, it was just his personality. I have a Japanese friend( a female one) who told me that she didnt like japanese man alot. I ask her why, and she said, " Japanese man dont really like getting married. They think its a waist of time." I dont know if thats part of their culture or it can be the same type of situation like you, but the other way around.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

Last edited by Zagato289 : 07-09-2009 at 06:05 PM.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
Firs of all, im a guy. I do think that culture can be important sometimes and it can get on the way of a relationship,but not all the time. you said that a japanese man like you before, and that not anyother man hasnt. that doesnt mean that japanese man r the only good ones. you were just lucky to find a BF, and he was japanese. i bet that if he wasnt japanese and he was some other race, you would have been saying the same thing about that race. I dont think it was his culture u felt in love, it was just his personality. I have a Japanese friend( a female one) who told me that she didnt like japanese man alot. I ask her why, and she said, " Japanese man dont really like getting married. They think its a waist of time." I dont know if thats part of their culture or it can be the same type of situation like you, but the other way around.
Many Japanese women don't want to marry Japanese men because work always comes first before family. Many have told me this.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!